0 comments

Fantasy

Dream Love Time Curse


The moon shone brightly, my face heating up. The stars were out and it was Halloween. My inner Witch was flowing strong everything in her wanted this person. My mind was made up, I was going to ask her. On the morrow, the sun shines brightly, my energy flowing through my body. I hurried to her house, her face in my mind. Sure I was mostly just going to get a 'thank you', but I didn't care. I had arrived and knocked on her door or rather to her as she was already waiting for me outside. She ran to me as I ran to her. 


"Jay! Oh my gosh my family friend Dexter's coming to live with us! I'm so excited I wonder what he's like!!" She chirped in my direction.


The infernal beeping of my Alarm clock sounded and I opened my eyes. My life had almost been drained away and I was saved. Ever since I was little I had a deeper connection with nature and others. Being a Witch people have a tendency to hate me on sight thinking I cast curses on others when in reality it is not as such. I tried to follow the Wiccan rules but they didn't seem to be right in my heart. I follow my upbringing in Christ Jesus and his Father. Recently my belief went from drummed into my head to personal. I am still a Witchy type of person but I never curse anyone. In fact my powers seemed to only effect me. I poured myself a coffee and began to think what would my little girl want for breakfast? Cursing people was something I as a person could not do. 


My mind placed a safety lock on my brain and therefore my powers. Should this person anger me enough to have me contemplating a curse the safety kicks in with questions. The most important of all 'is this person's life worth any less than mine'. Normal humans don't think like this you see and I cherish those who do. For a curse to have effect the Caster must not feel remorse. It's not for the victim of the curse rather protection for the Caster. Should the Caster feel sorrow or regret the curse would return three times as strong for having been cast and called back. In my opinion all life is precious and it is for this reason I never curse anyone.


"Jay," my mother called from her bed, "make me some tea from the kettle." 


I head over to the kettle and rinse it out refilling it with fresh water. Words have power. I stopped. Everything was quiet. Whirling around I came face to face with a being. He was beautiful and bright. So bright I had to shield my eyes from his brilliant glow.


"What's going on?" I asked him. I heard what sounded like a smile.


Indeed Words have power. I am sent to you with a message. You have changed greatly my dear, and now it is time for you to make a choice. Continue with not saying anything to her about your true feelings or tell her and face the power of your words. When you sleep it will start anew.


"What does that mean Mr. Angel?"I asked as he began to fade.


Follow the path set in front of you. For He is with you. 


Sound flooded my senses. The kettle was blowing and my little one was asking for boiled eggs. I quickly fall back into my daily routine and by nine thirty at night, I feel like a sack of potatoes. Something had happened earlier in the day but I couldn't remember what it was. I closed my eyes and began to dream. 


I landed back in that cursed trailer park. Where I became fully aware of my love. I saw my younger self but I could see the words spoken into the air. They wrapped around my heart, head, wrists and ankles. They bound me. I couldn't breathe! 


The alarm went off. For weeks this would happen to me. I would wake up and be a mother and daughter at once then go to bed and have the dream. I was at a loss for words. This was a lesson but what did I need to learn?! On the third day of this recurring dream I prayed for clarity and answers. The Angel touched my shoulder.


Your faith and power are rooted in your dreams. These dreams are your power and only you can stop them.


In a flash he was gone. I sat there thinking then. My power is my dreams and I keep landing back to that Halloween… it was then that it hit me. My power was replying the most devastating moment with the relationship I have with her. Then I remembered; continue to not say anything about it or tell her and face the power of your words. 


I soon slipped into bed. The dream was less stressful for me then. I could see that young Jay didn't understand her words had wrapped her into an unrequited love. Those words had deepened and cut into me all this time. My powers had grown since then and those words seared into my skin…


My alarm went off. I had made my choice. I quickly draft up an email telling her my feelings and sent it to her. For weeks all I got was silence from her. But after she said she didn't want to be friends anymore I felt free. I let my rage burn it's course and move on. I will never fall in love with a girl again I say to myself in confidence. Heh, but as I walk into the store to pay my phone bill my words tend to burn slightly. As my heart begins to beat again as a new sales woman greets me with a smile and information on today's sales. 


I pray to God that he gives me strength, for in another few months, my words will have me relive something anew.



*Is you liked the short sorry please check out The Fall of Ember Kingdom The Return of Sesra on Amazon Kindle!

Written by: Jean Branson

March 12, 2020 00:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.