My story is entitled "We're just too different", mentioned the King.

Written in response to: Write a story that includes the line “We’re just too different.”... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is titled "We are just too different" ,mentioned the King.


Once upon a time,James Brown an American man travels to England and then discovers to his surprise that he and the young King of that country were just two different they had nothing in common at all.

However this difference between them to actually save the young King from his enemies in that country.


As James Brown was asleep he was awakened by a voice that was both rough ,loud and very disturbing.

Also this was unbelievable as a voice mentioned for him to be shaved in order for him to become the next King of the country.

He then opened his eyes wide and then found two men looking at him with much curiosity at that moment.

It was realised that both of them wore hunting clothes and then carried guns with bow and arrows.

The man was rather short and strongly built with a big square head, a grey moustache and small light blue eyes.

The two men were noted to be too different.


The other man was a thing young man of middle height with his dark hair rather smart.

He then guessed that the first one was a soldier, the second was a gentleman who was accustomed to move in a good society but with something of the army about him , he behaves like a soldier.

The elder man came up to followed by the other who politely raised his hat.

He rose slowly then to his feet.


Again he was the same height too, and the elder man murmured looking at his height then he spoke convincingly to them at that time.

What is your name.? ,he humbly asked.

Also you have taken the first step, gentlemen mentioned the young man with a smile ,please tell me your first name.

He then realized that the young man smiled pleasantly. This happens to be Colonel Godslove and he was called Prince von Mingt.

It can be noted that we were both in the service of the King England ,King Charles.

He then bowed and took his hat and answered.

Also he happens to be James Brown a traveller from America which happens to be a land of opportunities and plenty.

Again for two or three years he was an officer in the Army of Her Majesty the Queen ,Queen Victoria.

Also it was realised that they were all fellow soldiers answered the man holding out his hand which he took once.

Well James Brown,the young man mentioned in his deep voice that you were too different from our King the King of England King Charles.

However, this made him feel actually uncomfortable and he remembered the looks of the official and of Victor the day before.


In addition, if I had known this he should have thought twice before visiting England.

It was noted to be too late.

During that moment a voice almost sounded from the wood behind.

"Prince ,Prince ! Where are you,man.?

James Brown turned and mentioned hastily : "It was the King."

The old man then laughed as a young man jumped out from behind the tree and then stood beside them.


Again he looked at them and gave an astonished cry and he seeing him drew back in a sudden wonder.

In exception for his beard a consciousness of rank which his position gave him the King of England might have been James Brown although they were both just too different.


In addition, James Brown was just too different the King of England because they had no similarities between themselves.

The King of England King Charles was taller in structure and well built as compared to James Brown who happens to be short and not well built.


As mentioned earlier the King of England was noted to be outspoken and fluent in English but James Brown was just too different due to the fact that he was often dumbfounded when speaking English and he often speaks Spanish.

James Brown was not from the Royal family but a Politician who likes and wishes to become the next President of the country.

The King of England was actually too different because he was from the Royal family and rules and governs the United Kingdom.

James Brown was also noted to be quiet learned and educated he often invests in stocks.

Due to this also he is noted to be too different from the King of England King Charles.

The King of England, King Charles buys land and then invests in real estate he also often buys assets.

James Brown also buys insurance for his family and also himself .

The King of England also invests in bonds and treasury bills.

James Brown advices students to go to school in order to earn a degree to get a safe secured job.

The King of England King Charles advices students to engage in TVET , Technical Vocational training in instances when they can not afford University education.

This will help them to learn a vocation in to create their own companies and become entrepreneurs to earn for themselves some income.

James Brown often works for money in his home country he worked as an Accountant and the Attorney in a Law firm.


Again the King of England does not often work for money ,he invests in companies and buys stocks in order to earn for himself dividend at the end of the year.

James Brown often likes exercising and was once an Athlete. The King of England,King Charles does not often exercise but he is always fit in all his business endeavours.

Also James Brown is considered very wealthy because he owns some companies and Banks.

King Charles is also very wealthy because he owns lands and real estates he also has his face mark on coins and paper notes currencies of the United Kingdom.

Lastly it can also be noted that both James Brown and the King ,King Charles had differences in their complexion.

James Brown was educated in the United States of America with an MBA in Education.

The King of England King Charles was also educated in United Kingdom has a PhD in Finance and Political Science.

Due to their educational background they are often noted to be too different in terms of academia.

James Brown also established a school in America that educates young black children to become educated and responsible citizens within the country.

Likewise the King of England, King Charles also established a farm that cultivates crops an rears other livestock animals in order to solve the hunger problem within his home country, he also helped in establishing a school for young children.


Finally it can always be noted that both James Brown and King Charles are too different they do not have a common language ,they differ in their various languages.

The King of England often speaks English and French albeit that he had been educated in that discipline.

Also vice versa the James Brown also speaks both German and Spanish because he had also been educated in that discipline.

Lastly I will like to comment that both King Charles and James Brown do not often share a common ideology they have their own differences.



January 30, 2023 06:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.