239 comments

Fantasy Kids

The sun shone brightly on a fine Sunday morning.

A large meteor had impacted Earth. It had been years since a meteor had attacked Earth. It caused a lot of damage. Scientists had come to examine the meteor.

There was a man inside the meteor. He was dying. The police took him out of it and admitted him to the hospital. 

Miles, the thin sub inspector of police, came into the hospital room and looked at his patient- a muscular man with black hair and tattoos on his hands and feet. He checked the eyes- brown. He read the file on his mystery patient and called a nurse.

"It says here he was found inside the meteor which fell this morning. We need to keep him for observation and we need to have police in case he's hostile when he wakes up." The whole police force was called.

Miles was very cautious. Not that he was afraid, just he wanted to be safe. His brow furrowed as he wondered what to do next.

*****

The strange man who had been in the meteor woke up suddenly and was very confused. 

“Where am I? Who are you all?” he asked.

“Don’t panic. You are in good hands. We are the police force. Here to help you,” the handsome senior officer, George told the confused stranger.

“Okay. But I want to get out of this weird place and go to my planet."

“You get cured and we will talk about it,” George said.

After a few days, the stranger started to live in the police station. 

“Tomorrow is my birthday,” the stranger said.

“Okay,” George said.

“But, where am I?” the stranger asked. He was still a stranger and the police didn't care to know about him.

“You are on earth. Would you mind saying your name?” George asked.

“I am from Dragon planet. My name is Flame. I am known as the dragon warrior on my planet,” he said sadly. 

“We have never seen anyone from a different planet. Welcome to Earth. Why are you sad?” George asked.

“I can’t celebrate my birthday with my family and friends,” Flame said. 

“Okay. Don’t worry. I am George, the senior here,” the policeman said and went out of the police station leaving Flame alone.

George went out and started talking to Miles.

“We should throw a surprise party for Flame. He doesn’t seem like a bad guy, Miles,” George said. 

“Okay, Sir,” the sub inspector, Miles said.

That night Flame saw the stars with a sad expression. It brought back the memories of his family.

The next day when he woke up, he was surprised. The police station was full of balloons and ribbons.

The police had executed their plan. This made Flame happy.

When the cake was going to be cut, the knife was nowhere to be found. 

Flame took out a small keychain and said,”I summon you, dragon.”

The key chain became a big, shining white sword. The police were terrified.

“Let’s cut the cake, George,” Flame said. 

“Can you please make that sword into that key chain and give it to us?” George said. 

“No way. It does harm only if I attack. It is my favourite sword and I am not going to give this sword to you,” Flame said. 

“Okay. We can cut the cake with a small knife, Flame,” Miles said.

“Okay. I will keep it inside. It is the sword that gives me the name Dragon warrior,” Flame said and made it back into a keychain. 

“Thank you, policemen. I will never forget you, George. But, there will be a day when I have to leave you,” Flame said, sadly.

“Don’t feel sad, Flame. Enjoy the moment,” George said, patting Flame. He gifted a phone to Flame.

The policemen and Flame enjoyed the party. They became exhausted after tidying up the police station. Everyone went to their houses and Flame stayed in the police station.

 He knew that day would come. He started practising with his sword. He knew that his enemy would be powerful.

It rained that night. But, it was not water; it was fire. Everyone was scared.

Next morning, the space scientists decided to identify where the fire rain had come from.

The scientists used telescopes to see into space. But, what they saw had shocked them.

The police were called. Flame had come too. 

Many spaceships were approaching Earth. They had many weapons. 

The scientists zoomed into the spaceship. Flame was very impatient. He was terrified too. He decided to talk to George and the scientists.

“I know them, ”Flame said.

“What are you saying, Flame?” George asked.

“They’re the worst aliens in the universe, the Kaals,” Flame said.

“What do you know about them, Flame?” George asked.

“It was a peaceful morning on my planet, the Dragon planet. My family was living in the outskirts of Phoenix City. The Kaals were always waiting for a chance to attack our planet. We had powerful warriors, and I was one of them, The dragon warrior,” Flame said, wiping away his tears. 

“Don’t cry, Flame. But, with so many powerful warriors, how did your planet lose to them?” George said. 

“The Kaals said that the warriors from my planet were betraying our planet. When the warriors fought they caused a lot of damage. The Kaals told me that they were going to destroy the planet. I believed them and killed all the warriors. I was a fool,” Flame said. 

“Don’t worry, Flame. We are with you. Then what happened to your planet?” Miles said.

“Then they used nuclear bombs to destroy our planet. Not even a single soul remained. The Kaals killed them all. They released me into zero gravity space,” Flame said.

“Then how did you escape, Flame?” George asked. 

“Luckily, I fell onto an asteroid which saved me by bringing me into the Earth,” Flame said.

“Now, what are we going to do?” the scientist asked.

“I have a plan,” Flame said, donning his Dragon warrior suit. It was bright red with a fire symbol on the shoulder. He took out his key chain and made it into his sword. 

*****

After some time, Flame said, “I am going to fight them and save this planet.”

“We will help you,” George said.

“Your weapons will be no match for theirs,” The Dragon Warrior said and walked out confidently. 

As the spaceships entered the Earth, many people locked their houses. 

Even the police force was afraid. There were too many spaceships and the sky blackened out. 

But, the dragon warrior stood there fearlessly.

“See the warrior who killed his planet’s warriors,” the Kaals laughed.

“I have been betrayed once. But, not again,” Dragon warrior said, getting ready to fight.

”What are you going to do alone, Dragon warrior?” the Kaals roared in laughter.

“He is not alone,” George said, taking out his pistol.

“Whatever it takes!” the police force shouted.

It was the start of a war. The Kaals looked furious and ugly. They took their weapons and formed the army. They had a huge army. But, the dragon warrior was not afraid. 

He was ready to fight. But, suddenly something struck him.

The dragon warrior started laughing. 

“Hi Kaals, thank you for coming to help me. I am also going to destroy this planet, Kaals,” the dragon warrior said. He slashed his sword on some buildings and made them collapse.

“Yea,” shouted the excited Kaals who had no work to do now.

Then the dragon warrior said, ”it is a waste of time destroying this planet. There are no warriors here.”

“Yes, you are right. There are no warriors here,” the Kaal leader said.

The dragon warrior got into one of the spaceships of the Kaals. 

He gave a large grin to police officer George. George was surprised and sad.

“We will come again to destroy this planet,” The Dragon Warrior said to George.

“You are a cheater, Flame!” George shouted.

The dragon warrior texted to George,“Don't worry, my friend. This is my idea to save your planet and destroy Kaals at the same time. I am not a cheater. I will come back here whenever I get time. I am also sad for the Kaals.” 

The dragon warrior got a reply from George, ”you have done the greatest help to the planet. We are awaiting your return. Destroy the Kaals.”

The Kaal leader had a plan to kill Flame. But, the dragon warrior had a different plan.

The dragon warrior took out his large sword and grinned, ”Sorry, Kaals. I am going to have a feast now.” 

*****



August 24, 2020 17:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

239 comments

Leya Newi
17:23 Sep 05, 2020

I thought this was a really interesting story. I really enjoyed reading it! Keep writing, Sahitthian!

Reply

The Cold Ice
17:24 Sep 05, 2020

I am glad you enjoyed my story.Thank you for reading.

Reply

Leya Newi
17:28 Sep 05, 2020

Of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:31 Sep 05, 2020

Very cute story I enjoyed reading it.

Reply

The Cold Ice
16:49 Sep 05, 2020

I am glad you enjoyed the story.Thank you for reading. (please like my story)

Reply

20:04 Sep 05, 2020

Sorry, meant to do that. Senior moment lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Autumn Williams
15:55 Sep 05, 2020

Hey, there, young man. I promised I woud read your story and I did. I think that a part two is a definite necessity. Also, I was wodering if Flame's keychain could turn itno any other things besides the sword? I was thinking it would come in handy as an oxygen tank while he was travelling to earth on the meteor, LOL. You've got a pretty good jump on this for being as young as you are. One of advice I would like to give you, if you don't mind, is download an app called, "Grammarly." It detects a lot of usually overlooked grammar mistakes, as ...

Reply

The Cold Ice
16:10 Sep 05, 2020

I am glad you liked my story.I will conformily write the second part. Thank you for reading.(please like my story)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
K. M. Carpenter
15:38 Sep 05, 2020

First off, let me just say I loved the relationship between Flame and the police officers. It didn't feel forced or rushed; it was a genuine friendship and I loved it. There was some amazing character development between them- starting off wary of each other, eventually coming to trust one another, the officers caring enough to throw Flame a birthday party. And, of course, near the end George and the other officers were willing to fight alongside Flame even though they knew there was a slim chance they could succeed. I was so invested in you...

Reply

The Cold Ice
15:40 Sep 05, 2020

I am glad you loved their relationship. I am glad I wrote the ending well. Thank you for reading. Actually, I write only one story for 2 weeks. If I write, I will let you know. Thank you for reading.

Reply

K. M. Carpenter
15:41 Sep 05, 2020

You are welcome! I look forward to your next story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
14:27 Sep 05, 2020

Hey! You asked me to read, so here I am. This was a great story- I loved Flame. You might want to work on smoother dialogue and other speech words- not just said. Well done overall!

Reply

The Cold Ice
15:26 Sep 05, 2020

Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
10:12 Sep 05, 2020

Amazing piece of work. It was truly a delight reading it. Looking forwards to reading and enjoying more of your stories... Great work👍

Reply

The Cold Ice
12:04 Sep 05, 2020

Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
01:25 Sep 05, 2020

Great story! Amazing writing style

Reply

The Cold Ice
01:46 Sep 05, 2020

Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rebecca Lee
02:46 Sep 04, 2020

What a great effort and story. I like the characters and where you took them! " I always tell people to go back and reread the story at least twice -before submitting. And don't submit to just submit - submit to have your creative voice heard. (Or read in this case.) And you have a creative voice with so much potential. We all can make suggestions, and give critiques, but at the end of the day - it is how you feel about your story that matters the most. Don't forget that. With that being said, don't be mad. I did see a few grammar...

Reply

The Cold Ice
06:54 Sep 04, 2020

Thank you for taking your time in commenting. I am trying to improve my grammar. Thank you for your suggestions. I will read it. Would love to. Thank you for reading,

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vanessa Marczan
21:17 Sep 03, 2020

Hi sahitthian, what a great storyteller you are. There is a lot in this! My suggestion to you to be to focus on just one thing, and not suggesting you make changes to this story but consider for your next pieces. For example, the relationship between flame and the police officers, exploring their differences, and allowing them to discover their similarities in an unusual way. Practice practice practice for all of us :)

Reply

The Cold Ice
06:52 Sep 04, 2020

Thank you for your suggestions. I will definitely make use of all that you said. Thank you for reading.(would you mind liking my story?)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Scout Tahoe
13:48 Aug 31, 2020

Wow, this is really good. I love how you twisted the prompt to make this story. It was really creative with the Kaals and then the police on Earth. Keep writing!

Reply

The Cold Ice
13:50 Aug 31, 2020

I am glad you love my way of twisting. Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Phoebe DeNeve
15:22 Mar 27, 2021

Hey, Thanks for the follow! Can't wait to read your stories!

Reply

The Cold Ice
14:20 Mar 29, 2021

Oh ok. Thanks. Welcome.oh nice.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kira Krieger
23:02 Jan 03, 2021

A little blunt. Too much telling rather than showing. Some redundant parts. Some of the scenarios are unrealistic (i.e Miles' main audience would be his partner or another officer, not a nurse). "go to my planet" -> "go home" - he wouldn't necessarily know where he was. "cured" ~ he's not sick; use get better. George won't use earth (unless they're used to aliens); he would say a city or a state. "Would you mind saying your name?" -> "Can you tell me your name?" “I am from Dragon planet. My name is Flame. I am known as the dragon warrior on...

Reply

The Cold Ice
04:42 Jan 04, 2021

Ok.Thank you for the mistakes. I am very sad that I don’t have time to edit. But I will keep it in my mind . Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
05:05 Dec 16, 2020

Wow! It's a very creative plot! BTW, just saw your bio............I wish you a very happy birthday! :)

Reply

The Cold Ice
11:37 Dec 16, 2020

Thank you

Reply

15:16 Dec 16, 2020

My pleasure! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
02:40 Nov 29, 2020

Astonished at your skills in writing short story at your age.Your imagination, handling language with ease adds flavor.As you grow in age and improve your talent you will attract more readers.Blessing& wishing you to write more stories looking forward for your imagination yet to come.

Reply

The Cold Ice
02:42 Nov 29, 2020

Thanks. I will improve.Thanks for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:20 Oct 25, 2020

I'm giving this story a 10/10 as well :) you do good with your stories ^^

Reply

The Cold Ice
04:18 Oct 26, 2020

Thanks.(please like my story.

Reply

The Cold Ice
04:19 Oct 26, 2020

No I cannot get it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
04:18 Oct 26, 2020

I'm pretty sure i already did.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Barbara Eustace
12:04 Sep 02, 2020

Good start in the Reedsy community and good imagination. Others have pointed out areas for improvement, so I won't go into that. Keep writing.

Reply

The Cold Ice
12:31 Sep 02, 2020

Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Devanshi Garg
07:07 Sep 01, 2020

Great story Sahitthian! But I do think that you could have added some reaction of the police force since one doesn’t get to meet aliens everyday.

Reply

The Cold Ice
07:21 Sep 01, 2020

Thank you. Yes, I forgot to add. When I realised it, it was too late. Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sue Marsh
19:14 Aug 31, 2020

Sahitthian, first I want to thank you for your comment about my story The Dragon's Lair, I am glad you enjoyed it. If you have the opportunity please read and comment on The Blind Leading the Blind. I enjoyed your story a great deal, it is a little choppy in spots but well thought out. Keep writing. Sue

Reply

The Cold Ice
02:21 Sep 01, 2020

Yes sure. I am glad you liked my story.Thank you for reading. (Please like My story).

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Miles Gatling
07:12 Aug 31, 2020

What a cool name: Flame. Dragon planet is the best planet. Very nice, well done.

Reply

The Cold Ice
07:13 Aug 31, 2020

Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Evelyn Wong
06:30 Aug 31, 2020

Good!

Reply

The Cold Ice
06:32 Aug 31, 2020

Thank you for reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.