5 comments

Horror Kids Funny

SOMEWHERE IN LONDON

Click…click…

The pressing sound of analog controller bottoms of Xbox game device filled space of Alan's small room. Graphic images and characters are moving when Alan presses the control bottom. Today is Halloween, so the 12 year old Alan, chooses to play the zombie game. He doesn't care for the type of the games he is playing. Sometimes he plays football, or action game, war games or street fighting games, basically if it doesn't including playing with real people he is ok. The time sense in Alan's body clock seems to be off today. No home works, no stupid shores and no obligations, for sure no friends to knock his door to invite him in the ridiculous "trick or treat" events. How people could handle such an event? Idiots. 

Alan's right arm raise in the air sending a V-sign. The screen shows" congratulation, you passed level 7". His hand reaches to the bowl in front of him, he look inside and a disappointed breath come out, he doesn't want to face his mother who would be in the kitchen in this hour. However how can he celebrate his victory with empty snack bowl. He look at the empty sweat casing , and take one after the other in hope to find one full sweat. He toss the casing. 

All of the sudden, he jumps form his seat and holds the TV screen. The screen turns black when the next level image appeared. Alan's eyes open like a black hole. " Game over, Alan", Alan turns to the place the TV plug inserted. 

Long black hair, tied into ponytail, a women holding electrical plug in her hands is standing in front of him.

"Mum! What the hell?!" he shout. His mother Teresa, rises her finger in front of her " No swearing young man" she scolds. " there aren't any home work Mum" he approaches to his mother and failed to snatch the plug from her hand. " I know" she replied with a smile.

" Tonight you are going with your sisters," she waved the plug in the air " so get dressed ". Alan's eye's were almost fall from their sockets. 

" I don't know the exact world you are living in, however today you will live in my world. In planet called earth where humans make contact." She moved her hand to back to avoid Alan's attack to snitch the plug.

" I'm not going out! Give me that, Mum" he shout. Teresa crossed her eye brows " fine" she hand him the plug then walked where Xbox was placed, unplugged the electrical cords, " I will take this instead" she amused.

Alan jaw dropped, " I'll take this box as a hostage until you come back" then she leaves the room.

"how I do look Maggie?" six years old Lily who dressed as Elsa from the movie " frozen" asks her sister. She holds the edges of her dress and shows it to Maggie. " you look gorgeous, Lily" Maggie replied. Maggie is 16 years old, and she dressed as Anna, but for her outrage makeup , it's difficult to say if she is going in heavy metal musical concert or just escorting her little sister in the trick or treating. Well, this is next generation kids, you just don't know what they are thinking.

Maggie looks at her left side and sees a white sheet standing. " you are really good at acting like a ghost Alan" she giggled. " I don't want to go" the white sheet upset voice raised. " you should open two holes for your eyes. If you don't want to get hit on a light stand " she shaped her fingers to circle and place them in front of her eyes. Alan take off the white sheet and threw it to the ground " ridiculous!" he snap. " oh! Easy there , HARRY POTTER" Maggie steps back and giggled.

 Teresa come in the living room in fast steps " Maggie don't tease your brother and help him to open those holes." She states and approaches to Lily. " and for you princess, I should do your hair , right?" she grapes a chair and sit behind Lily." I'm not princess. I'm queen!" she amuses. Alright, alright Queen Lily" Teresa bows her head to her daughter.

Maggie made the two holes for Alan white sheet, she gives it to Alan who snatches it from his sister. " Mum, could Alan dresses like Olaf?" asked Lily in innocent childish voice. Alan eyes set on fire. " That sound awesome!" Maggie laughed. Alan stamps on his sister's foot, Maggie jumps from her spot. " Mum Maggie is playing rabbit" Lily giggled. " stopped you two" Teresa's ranged voice raised. " please be good to each other, and don't fight" she said in the same ranged voice, the two glared at each others.

Laughter and talks of children are heard everywhere on the streets were Alan's lived. Colorful dresses, awkward outfits, and if you saw spooky ones you turn and see funny one, another turn then you will be in whole different universe. Fairies, Disney princesses, Star wars, Vampires, werewolves, Witches and for the ward winning costume is Japanese Anime characters costume. Alan stares at one boy who dressed as Yugie-oh character. How that hair is standing still? 

"they implant bones in those hair" Maggie whispers in Alan's eyes, he turns and look at he " it's true. Don't make that doubtful look" she giggled, and gapped her sister's hand, " let's go fellows. We still have many houses to knock out" she cheers. " Agh!" Alan rolls his eyes and hits the ground. " Hey champ, you will get there soon. Just don't give up" Maggie and Lily walk in front of Alan. " why in the earth, I should fill the bag with candies?!" Alan shouts. " to get back your dear Xbox?" Maggie replies in sarcastic tone. " this is ridiculous!" Alan waves his arms violently so he hit himself hard and make "ouch!" expression." Hey take it easy…HARYY POTTER" Maggie giggled, " stop saying that!" Alan hits Maggie's arm, she hit him back. " stop it !" Lily shouts and put her arms around her tiny hips" mum said you shouldn't fight each other , remember?" she made an angry face. " mum is mean" Alan argues, this time Maggie is silent, Alan looks at his sister he didn't' used to see her go silent like that, he swallows his saliva. " you should be grateful you have a mother who worries about you" her voice was strict. Alan steps back and stars at his sister. " you see Alan" Maggie looks at the sky " In some language I don't remember , Human words mean "Affability".", Alan and Lily look at each other," Do you know what is mean? " Maggie put her arms behind her back and struts " Humans must make contact in their life in order to call themselves a living creatures. " she turns to face them and struts back. Alan and Lily scan each other looking for some explanation of what is going on with their sister. Maggie hit her foot on the ground like a scout boys " In order to be alive you have to make contact, young soldier" she tabs on Alan's arm, " that is for now, let's get going" Maggie turns back then walks away leaving the two in a mist of confusion.

 They reach to the last house on the street, the red door with the fine elegant garden is well know house for everyone in this area. Mrs. .Todd's house. The sixty seven old lady is know for her kindness and elegant manners which feels she is not in middle class lady rather than a high class. The three approaches the door, Maggie knocks three times." Be polite" she hisses. When the door opens, rounded pumped face lady shows up, she glares at them for a moment behind her thick glass before she blast, " oh, is that you Maggie?" Mrs. Todd face fill with light. " good evening Mrs. Todd" Maggie replied in delightful tone. " oh , welcome my dears" Mrs. Todd clap her hands." Trick or treat?" Lily opens her case and draws ear to ear smile. Mrs. Todd eyes lights up ,grapes a basket next to her, and give lily a lots of candy and chocolate bars. Lily's face delights, drops her jaws and kept looking at the amount of candies fill to her case. " Thank you Mrs. Todd" she said. Alan pops his eyes maybe he could have his case filled then he can go home. Finally.

" is everything okay Mrs. Todd?" Maggie asked, Alan glares at her. "what do you mean my dear?" Mrs. Todd stops her hand motion , she was about to reach the candy basket to give Alan his cut. " the garden looks damaged " Maggie nodded to the flowers which were smashed. " some kids came and ruined those poor" a tear gathered near Mrs. Todd eyes," do you know them, I can get them a visit with my friends?" for Alan when his sister says " get visit" she means " get fight " and he wants to end with this not get in fight. Mrs. Todd giggled, she knows what Maggie means, she tab on her shoulder " Maggie you are so sweat" she smiled. Alan's clenched his fist, " I wish every young women are like you, kind to an old lady like me, see Maggie I was in the market the pervious day and…." Alan snatches two chocolate bars form Mrs. Todd's hand " yeah that is unfortunate, good night Mrs. Todd" and he walk down the steps back to the street. Maggie quickly apologized to Mrs. Todd who atand still in her spot, " It's ok honey" said Mrs. Todd after she recover herself." Alan seems to be upset honey, you should go and see what is wrong" she tabs on Maggie's arms. "he is just acting like a jurk" Maggie said.

" no honey no" Mrs. Todd shakes her head" Alan need a friend ,Dear Maggie".

" what was that?" Maggie yells at Alan when she got to him. Alan take off his white sheet and tosses it to the ground " your talk was boring! I thought I'm going to kill myself" he yells." That was rude Alan. Mrs. Todd is a kind women" Maggie raises he finger at him." Guess what Maggie? I don't care. I just want to go HOME!" he spreads his both arm and shouts. " I'm going to tell mum" lily trembled voice raised." No you are not" Alan explodes his anger to lily grapping her arms violently. The next thing he heard is lily's crying voice. " let her go" Maggie steps in and released his grip from Lily, " what is wrong with you?" . Alan glared at his sisters, steps back, looks around and …Runs.

Alan's first night " tick and treat" was hell. He walks alone across the central park not far from where he left his sisters. He sits on the bench, lowered his head and cover his face with his hand." I'm screwed "

He thought. His mind keeps creating different kind of scenarios which could happen once he get home. " I wanted just to finish the game" he talk aloud to himself. " I hate interact with people ok ? I hate people!" he murmurs to himself. A cold breeze blow and gently moves his untidy black hair. " why?", Alan rise his face and looks in front of him, right and left, who said that? " why ? why you hate people?" Alan get the track of the voice, he turns back. Bob black hair , green eyes , blue dress with white cotton jacket , white socks and black shoes. For now days fashion, this one seems to be awkward and like a century ago fashion. But Alan drops his jaws and opened his eyes widely so he can see clearly. Such an angle! " why you hate people?" she asked again . " ah umm.. did I say that?" Alan keeps staring at her. She stares at him as well , then she giggled. What a sweat, heart warming smile! She reaches her hand to Alan" Lucinda " she smiles, Alan looked right and left , back his eyes to Lucinda," Alan " finally he manage to get those words out and reach for her cold hand. " do you want to come to my place? It is not far from here" she points at the direction, "let's share our sweats " she smiles. 

 During their walk, Alan got to know his new friend. She was a sick child , so she spend most of her childhood in hallways of hospitals. And because of those circumstances she never got a friend or any company. But this year doctors said she is allowed to go home , so she was excited to make friends but she just didn't know form where to start. " it is Halloween so I thought I would finds a lot of kids like my age, and I can accompany them." She lowers her face" but I guess I was too shy to ask anyone to be friend with me, you see I looks like a ghost." Definitely, her pale skin is way too much for her chubby face, but not for Alan. "you look great" he amuses. Lucinda scans him " thank you".

When they reach her house, she opens the door without knocking and invites Alan to come in, lead him to the leaving room which had stove on fire. " wait here I will get you the sweats" then she rushes inside.

Alan sits on the big gray sofa facing the stove but even there is a good fire, the room is still chilly, Alan get his hands closer to fire. The pictures hanged on the walls are gorgeous. The waterfalls, the mountains , the green fields, Alan had this nature spirit moment looking at those pictures but for some reason he felt awkward.. There is something messing, not in the pictures but in the whole room. 

Lucinda come in carrying a plate in hand and a basket full of candies and chocolate bars in the other one. When she put the plate on the table, Alan drools. Cupcakes, chocolate cookies and two donuts. What a luxury. She grapes Alan's case and pours the whole basket content into the case. " wow! That for me?" Alan stares at his full case," yes , it is yours. Now let's eat" she sits next to him and takes the donuts, gives one to him, and the other stuffs it into her mouth. Alan take a bit and his mind is stratified. " this tastes awesome " Alan takes another bits, he heard Lucinda giggling. he takes the cookie and take a bite. Is there any end to this delicious sweets? He looked at Lucinda and find her staring at the fire. Alan wiped his mouth with the sleeves of his shirt." Is something wrong ?" Alan asks. No answer come back. He waved his hand in front of Lucinda's eye sight but she doesn't flinch. He kneads back and stares at her, what is she thinking?

" you have to find a friend, Alan" , Alan hair jump, there is something wrong with her voice, like an old radio sounds. Lucinda truns her face to Alan " you have to find a friend, Alan", Alan gathers his guts " I have a friend, you Lucinda", he smiles. " a friend , Alan. ALIVING FRIEND" 

Alan didn't know what happen. The scene of the living room, nature pictures, the cookies , the fire and Lucinda was gone. A clod breeze touches his face, under his butt is uncomfortable cold surface...he widens his eyes just to captures the scene of cemetery. His mind and heart jump, his body falls from the stone he was sitting. His brain sends " run" sign , after a second he was running on the street like a mad man. 

"let's go and find that idiot, Lily" Maggie wipes her sister's dress from dirt. When Maggie stands up , a strong hit come from behind her back. She almost fall on the ground. " what the ??" she shouts. " Maggie . GHOST!GHOST!" Alan trembled voice " What Ghost?" 

" I SAW A GHOST!!!" Alan yelled, face is white, legs shaking and his nails cut deep to Maggie's dress. " calm down buddy. Talk to me here" Maggie holds his arms and calm him down. With wobbly voice and heavy breathing Alan tells what happen. " your bag is full" Maggie points at his bag. Alan was holding it tightly, he thought he left it there. He opens it and everyone looked inside, " wow! Alan can I take some of these?" Lily takes some candy bars and shows to Alan. His eyes stars at his sister like he was staring at distance horizon. " man, you sure it was a ghost? Because those candies seems real to me." Maggie cross her arms.

Alan mind tries to find an explanation but it keeps wondering in the same story. " I got it!" Lily jumps all the sudden" it's Halloween spirits !" she waved the candy bar she had in her hand. " is there something like that?" Maggie scans her sister. " yes, I heard from Mrs. Todd the other day ". 

Maggie and Alan look at each other, and they turn their eyes to Msr. Todd's front door. " say Alan, what did the girl said to you again?" Maggie stares at Alan from the edge of her eyes. " I have to find a friend…" .

October 30, 2020 16:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Dewain Williams
19:01 Nov 05, 2020

Great story hana! I enjoyed it.

Reply

Hana Alradai
06:25 Nov 06, 2020

Thank you. Feel free to give me feedback. :-)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Melissa Hassan
15:28 Nov 05, 2020

Hi, Hana, so as requested here is my feedback. I really liked your story. You need to polish your grammar and spellings a little bit as well as your present and past tenses. For example:- Filled the space Control buttons (not bottoms) Doesn't care about the kind of games instead of types.... Action games If it doesn't include (not including) No home work (not works) No stupid chores (not shores) Congratulations (there should be an 'S' at the end) Sweets (not sweats) Sweet wrappers (not casings) All of a sudden (not all of t...

Reply

Hana Alradai
06:23 Nov 06, 2020

Thank you Melissa. I appreciate it. :-)

Reply

Melissa Hassan
06:55 Nov 06, 2020

You are welcome!😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.