2 comments

Adventure African American American

Previous

Next

Black Lives Matter 2020 Impact Report

See how we, as the organization leading the Black Lives Matter (BLM) Movement, responded to the challenges of 2020.

Our Movement Is #SoMuchMore

February 1, 2021

From the time historian Carter Woodson created Negro History Week in 1926 up through today’s celebration of Black History Month, the goal has always been to recognize Black Americans’ prolific contributions that had been ignored, dismissed or diminished in textbooks and popular culture…

Tell Your Rep(s) to Support Rep. Cori Bush’s Resolution

February 1, 2021

We’re supporting Rep. Cori Bush’s resolution which would investigate and expel the GOP members of Congress who attempted to overturn the election and incited a white supremacist attack…

Tell Congress to Pass the COUP Act

January 26, 2021

Rep. Jamaal Bowman’s the COUP Act would require a deep, thorough investigation into the security failures at Capitol Hill during the insurrection. The ties between any Capitol police officer(s) and white supremacy or fascism must come to light…

News

Black Lives Matter Global Network Responds after Wisconsin District Attorney Won’t Charge Kenosha Police Officer in Jacob Blake Shooting

January 5, 2021

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation (BLMGNF) released the following statement in response to a Wisconsin District Attorney deciding that Kenosha police officer Rusten Sheskey will not be charged for his August 23, 2020 shooting of Jacob Blake…

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation Statement About Violent Conflict in Ethiopia

December 17, 2020

Black Lives Matter stands in solidarity with all disenfranchised and displaced people in the Horn of Africa who are affected by violent conflict in Ethiopia…

Love, Connection, and Beauty in a Time of Isolation, Tension, and Change

November 26, 2020

The attacks the USPS continues to face are not just attacks on the postal service but attacks on Black lives. To defund the USPS would be to deny future generations this opportunity and dishonor the legacy of Black postal workers. Now, we’re taking this matter into our own hands by writing and sending #BlackLoveLetters through USPS…

Californians: Help Us Make Calls to Gov. Newsom’s Office Before It’s Too Late

November 23, 2020

While we are ecstatic about the historic election of Kamala Harris being elected the first Black woman vice president, it means her Senate seat is currently vacant. This also means that we’re faced with the unfortunate reality that if Gov. Newsom doesn’t appoint a Black woman to this seat, there will be no Black women in the Senate…

Tell Gov. Newsom He Must Appoint a Black Woman to the Senate

November 16, 2020

Kamala Harris is set to make history as the first Black woman vice president — which means her Senate seat will soon be open. Without Kamala Harris, there are no Black women in the Senate at all. That’s why we’re calling on Governor Gavin Newsom to appoint a Black woman to fill that seat…

Join Black Lives Matter in Our Request for a Meeting with President-Elect Biden and Vice President-Elect Harris

November 9, 2020

We worked long and hard to ensure we did all we could to vote Donald Trump out of the White House — we succeeded. And in doing so, we even elected a Black woman — the first Black woman — to the vice presidency. But the truth is, getting Trump out of office was not the end all, be all. The work is just beginning. We start by both holding the new president-elect and vice president-elect accountable to their campaign commitments of addressing systemic racism and by emphasizing our willingness to work with them.

Black Lives Matter Global Network Statement About Biden-Harris Victory

November 7, 2020

Once again, Black people — especially Black women — have saved the United States. Whether in Milwaukee, Detroit, Philadelphia, or Atlanta, Black voters showed up in huge numbers to turn this country around and remove the racist in the White House…

Statement by Black Lives Matter Global Network About Election Results

November 3, 2020

BLACK LIVES MATTER 

I want you to read Black Lives Matter

  • Violence 

Most of the proteser were being peaceful 

There are people who got shoot 

Donald Trump is just having ralleys and doing nothing about the protester and he said that black is the symbol of hate and he is wrong. What if I say white is a symbol of hate.

  • Shooting 
  • Shooting 

Why are they shooting black and color who is protesting

The killing of George Floyd

Shooting the protester for burning up stores and the police just shoot 

  • Protest 

Protester are just trying to have justice 

protesters are getting shot 

Protest are burning up stores and stuff like that

 BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER

Racial justice  protesters and he said black is a symbol of hate and he is wrong. What if I say white is a symbol of hate? 

Why are police shooting black and color who are protesting? The killing of George Floyd was awful. It was scary when they put their knees on his neck and he said I can’t breathe. Police shoot the protesters for burning up stores and the police just shoot. Protesters are trying to have justice because of Racial in justice. Protesters are getting shot. Protesters are burning up stores and stuff like that because they're mad and angry.  

This was an awful

 protesters and he said black is a symbol of hate and he is wrong. What if I say white is a symbol of hate? 

Why are police shooting black and color who are protesting? The killing of George Floyd was awful. It was scary when they put their knees on his neck and he said I can’t breathe. Police shoot the protesters for burning up stores and the police just shoot. Protesters are trying to have justice because of Racial in  justice. Protesters are getting shot.  Protesters are burning up stores and  stuff like that because they're mad and angry.  

This was an awful

 protesters and he said black is a symbol of hate and he is wrong. What if I say white is a symbol of hate? 

Why are police shooting black and color who are protesting? The killing of George Floyd was awful. It was scary when they put their knees on his neck and he said I can’t breathe. Police shoot the protesters for burning up stores and the police just shoot. Protesters are trying to have justice because of Racial in  justice. Protesters are getting shot.  Protesters are burning up stores and  stuff like that because they're mad and angry.  

This was an awful

March 17, 2021 20:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Rose Quartz
19:33 Apr 03, 2021

This is a very powerful story, thank you so much for sharing.

Reply

16:37 Apr 09, 2021

thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.