8 comments

General

When I get to thinking about people who came up from the ranks I think about Ray Charles. Its funny because I never liked his music and the songs he sang. But the thought of him and his struggles with heroin addiction is as close to me as any other person that I don’t truly know. I got addicted to that drug at the age of 14 years of age. When I first hit that spike in my arm I can’t nor do I want to tell you what it truly felt like. But I will tell you about other famous people who know.

I was a young nappy headed negro boy living on the streets of Connecticut in the 1940’s when black people were only considered as 3rd class people. My mother got murdered by some racist white man who strangulated her with a hanger when I was 7 years of age and I never knew my father.

Don’t cry for me Argentina or even feel sorry for me because the same things has happened to people every day they just don’t know how to rise above it like Gladys Alberta Bentley an American blues singer, pianist, and entertainer during the Harlem Renaissance. Her career skyrocketed when she appeared at Harry Hansberry's Clam House in New York in the 1920s, as a black, lesbian, cross-dressing performer. She headlined in the early 1930s at Harlem's Ubangi Club, where she was backed up by a chorus line of drag queens and heroin abusers. She dressed in men's clothes, played piano, and sang her own raunchy lyrics to popular tunes of the day in a deep, growling voice while flirting with women in the audience. She watched the KKK hang her daddy for no reason because he preached the Gospel according to Aesop the Greek fabulist and storyteller credited with a number of fables now collectively known as Aesop's Fables. It was a time when negros never had a voice and that holds true even today.

Like black people today don’t really matter with a population of 47,841,851 of blacks in a country of 308 million white people living in the United States, with 72% of the population.

My great, great granddaddy told my grandfather how triecious white people are. In spite of what white people think we have are history in this country.

It may not be from America the melting pot of what they call freedom. Like the Constitution was designated or designed for the people and by the people when a negro was only worth a firstly, divide the tax rate by 100: 7.5/100 = 0.075 (tax rate as a decimal). Note: to easily divide by 100, just move the decimal point two spaces to the left. Now, find the tax value by multiplying tax rate by the before tax price: tax = 1800 × 0.075 tax = 135 (tax value rounded to 2 decimals) Add tax to the before tax price to get the final. You do the math.

But do white Americans really know why or care that Ray Charles, was actually banned from Georgia. What happened was that in 1961, he broke a contract to perform at a segregated concert hall in Augusta, Georgia, and was then sued by that venue, but he still continued to perform around the state for the rest of his heroin life.

Today with the spike out of my arm I try to preach to the young black man who still insist upon wearing their pants far past their derrière. The white man just laughs at him and just lets him  know today that he has achieved or perceived as a 4th class citizen.

I say why should white people think different of you as they fill the prisons of America. Its called divide and conquer. They I mean young black men who don’t know their own history, Daddy went to jail and granddaddy taught what’s wrong with going to when you don’t have to have no responsibility because them white people will allow your kids to continue to allow us to know it’s the new form of slavery because the average young negro man is worth more in jail or prison then in the so call real world.

The black woman have turned towards lesbianism. R. Kelly, O. J. Simpleton, Little Wayne, Kanye Omari West the American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, composer, entrepreneur and fashion designer married a white woman while his black mother died of a heart attack, according to the coroner's final report, which was released Thursday (January 10). The Los Angeles County Coroner has concluded that "coronary artery disease and multiple post-operative factors due to or as a consequence of liposuction and mammoplasty" led to her sudden death on November 10. and Boy George!!

No white people like hearing the truth and negros either. I’m glad I met George Wallace In another event of 1963 that cemented the public perception of the new Alabama governor. Wallace led a "stand-in the schoolhouse door" to prevent two black students, Vivian Malone and James Hood, from enrolling at the University of Alabama, until the National Guard intervened. He continued to oppose integration throughout his term.

I want to pull my pants up now and never remember people like David Ernest Duke (born July 1, 1950) is an American white supremacist, far-right politician, convicted felon, and former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. He has advocated Neo-Nazi and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories like Holocaust denial and Jewish control of academia, the press, and the financial system and Rush Limbaugh who talks authoritatively about the  black people especially the Trayon Martin and George Zimmerman who was charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayon Martin. In support of the charges, the State filed an affidavit of probable cause, stating that Zimmerman profiled and confronted Martin and shot him to death while Martin was committing no crime.

I’ll never pull my pants down again and tell my own mother “expletives”. I’ll just keep looking for my real daddy Ray Charles of James Brown in prison.

July 03, 2020 09:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

00:24 Jul 11, 2020

This stream of consciousness really reminds me of how history is not meant to be separated into chunks, rather it's a living, breathing beast that actively shapes our lives today. By cherry-picking the information of the past, people artificially shape the present reality. I think your work is an excellent example of how history connects everything, all the time, even if people don't acknowledge it.

Reply

Blane Britt
19:10 Jul 11, 2020

Thank you for your comment. I'm just an "old" amiable dude who see's things they they appear.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Grace M'mbone
18:04 Jul 04, 2020

I fell in love with this piece of work Blane. Great work.

Reply

Blane Britt
21:48 Jul 04, 2020

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Corey Melin
00:00 Jul 04, 2020

Quite the story that hits you in the gut. If that is the point you succeeded. Well done.

Reply

Blane Britt
01:36 Jul 04, 2020

Thank you for your comment.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Arya Preston
13:31 Jul 03, 2020

Wow, this was a really emotionally-heavy story. I think you've conveyed the plot well and touched upon so many issues - it was very touching!

Reply

Blane Britt
01:36 Jul 04, 2020

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.