0 comments

Friendship Funny High School

 There were 2 friends named Bella and Evelyn. They were best friends since they were really little. They both liked the same subjects. They also both loved the library. They went to the library every day.

One day Bella and Evelyn met up at the library. They were studying for a big test. Every now and then a joke would pop into the conversation. They would start to laugh. The librarian would tell them to stop and they did at the time but then they kept laughing. The librarian tried to ignore them but they just wouldn't stop. The librarian thought of kicking them out but she felt that she would be remembered as the mean librarian, but that was the only thing she could do.

She told the girls to step outside. She told them why they had to leave and they understood. They had nowhere else to study, everywhere else it was too loud. The girls had a plan. They were going to sneak into the library. There was a back door that they could get through. They went to open the door. The door was creating a screeching sound. The girls held their breath because they thought they would be caught.

They were worried. The exam they had to study for was the biggest grade for the entire school year.

"I knew I should have come here yesterday. That dumb party was not worth it," whined Bella.

"Complaining won't help us," Evelyn told Bella who was now giving her a dirty look.

"Let's just get the books we need and run out of here!" Bella whispered.

Bella and Evelyn tiptoed toward the humongous shelf filled with books. They hid behind it and planned out a way to get to the books they needed without being spotted.

"The books are over there, so we need to go behind those books over there to the right," Evelyn said

"No, we need to go to the left!" Bella pointed to the right.

"That's the right, Bella." Evelyn sighed and shook her head.

"you really do bring out the dumb in blonde."

"Hey!" Bella said.

"SHHHHH! we're gonna get caught!" Bella rolled her eyes and they tiptoed to the bookshelf. They grabbed the books they needed and ran for the door.

"HEY!" a voice said. it was the librarian. She was mad.

Bella and Evelyn ran. They sprinted out of there. Once Bella and Evelyn caught their breath they looked at each other. both of them burst out laughing. The girls walked home.

"Time to Study!" Bella shouted.

"Ugh. The boring part."Evelyn sighed.

The girls woke up the next morning ready for the exam. Evelyn took the bus to school. Bella rode her bike. When the girls arrived in their classroom they took the exam. It took the entire school day but both girls were satisfied with their results in the end.

"I got a 97. Beat That! Evelyn!"

"Well, I got a 98. I win! Evelyn shouted.

"Wait. how are we going to return the books?" Bella's eyes had a worried look.

"I guess we will sneak in and put them back! Just during the daytime." Evelyn was trying to hide that she was worried too. Evelyn knew that would only make Bella worry more.

"We will sneak the books back into the library on our way home," Evelyn said.

The Girls sometimes walked home. So this time they did. The girls slowly crept to the library. The girls walked into the library. There were only a few kids so the girls set the books in front of the door.

"You need to get over here!" said a voice. the girls were caught. It was daytime so the librarian could see them.

"Yes ma'am," said Bella and Evelyn.

They walked over with their heads facing the floor. You two should be ashamed of yourself and they were. They did not think that they would be caught and that if they were it would not be like that. They thought it would be simple like it is okay just don't do it again. It was the exact opposite. The girls were banned from the library. They did not know how to tell their parent. They were thinking it should go a little bit like this, "Sorry, but we got banned from the library and that's all you need to know.

The girls got home and they told Bella's mom and she was kind of mad. They told Evelyn's mom and she was really mad.

There was one question the girls had to figure out how to handle but where were they going to study? They went to the park a few times and it was too noisy. They went into Bella's room but her little sister kept on distracting them. They tried a lot more places but there was always just one problem.

They decided to go to the library and apologize because they had nowhere else to study. The librarian expected their apology so she let them come but only one condition was that they could not talk. They promised not to.

They visited the library all the time, they read books and they even started a reading club for kids. They were the librarian's helpers. They also started tutoring classes in the library. They were so special that they even got their own offices. They totally forgot about what happened when they got in trouble. Their parents were so happy with how much they had achieved after what they had done.

The girls grew into mature girls. they both had 5 kids and they were wonderful and still until today they are best friends. They tell their kids about what happened to them. They would still stop by the library all the time. They grew up to be librarians. They loved the job. There were a few kids that would talk but they did not care. They loved all the kids that came to the library. They even had Minnie buddies to help them. They helped stack books and they also told kids to be quiet. THE END

April 30, 2021 23:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.