My story is entitled At a silent retreat the young man saw things the way they truly are in the aspect of healthline.

Written in response to: Set your story at a silent retreat.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled At a silent retreat the young man saw things the way they truly are in the aspect of healthline.


The young man who happens to be a Buddhist saw things the way they truly are in the aspect of health within the country during the silent retreat.

Others argue that, Silent retreat also called Vipassana means a Buddhist term to see things the way they truly are according to healthline.

Silence Retreat involves the habit of staying quiet in a secure place in silence in order to explore your emotions and thoughts within the community.


This practice of Silent retreat by some Buddhist and other young men involves sitting in silence and then exploring your thoughts and other emotions.

It can be noted that during silence, at times of Silence Retreat the individual experience peace and tranquility.

Some people also comment and then argue that Silence is money. It is always good and better to keep silent at all times.

In Ghana my home country some of the elders often inform and caution us that Money does not like noise due to this they cultivate the habit of silence Retreat at all times.

Also at other places such as Libraries ,the habit of Silence Retreat helps individuals to cultivate the habit of silence when reading. As often said Readers become leaders and a reading nation is a winning Nation.

Most people in my home country often argue that Money does not like noise due to that individuals are cautioned to keep silent at all times.

The value of a Silence Retreat is that it gives us the opportunity to be away from our daily responsibilities and to delve deeply into mindfulness.

Again silence Retreat hepls us to engage in our daily responsibilities and thereby have a quiet time.

The perspective that is actually gained from Silent retreat allows us to be more focus and then present when we return to our daily lives and other activities or job routines.

At times ,Silence Retreat can either be a time of solitude, peace and tranquility or a sort of community experience within a society.

Some retreat are being held in silence and others may be a great deal of conversation depending on the understanding and other accepted practices of the host facility and other participants.

Sometimes during Silent retreat the Administrators do not allow shouting and unnecessary disturbances at their premises. They often caution the inhabitants that they should desist and avoid unnecessary noise and other disturbances.

It is during Silent retreat that most disputes between families are often settled within the community.

Sometimes Silent retreat helps most people to love one another and then share the experience of love which can easily lead to marriage within the community.

Often times Silent retreat brings wealth to the family since money does not like noise.

Silent retreat hepls an individual to cultivate the habit of silence and peace within the community for them to be respectful and disciplined in their various societies and other workplaces.


However this issue of silent retreat will possibly help you focus on the present. Whilst silence can be challenging for most people at times.

Also a retreat is a quiet isolated place that people often go to in order to rest and then do things in private.

Some of them pray and worship God at all times.

During a silent retreat,there is absolutely no talking by participants. Some silent retreat have the Retreat Coordinator who writes about Administrative problems.

Othertimes during a silent retreat we say things that don't need to be said which are considered silly, gossipy and even harmful.

Most people survive a Silent retreat by actually preparing for a Silent retreat.

They always prepare for a Silent retreat by

Really listening.

Setting intentions without any attachment.

Taking a few silent car rides.

Speaking only when necessary.

Stretching and resting.

Cleaning up your diet.

Starting a journal.

Trying some telepathic communication.


It can be noted that Bali Silent retreat is more than Yoga and meditation retreat it is known as an eco sanctuary with restorative and inspirational programs and events.

Also Silence Retreat offers many unique venues in which to experience silence.

The benefit of Silent retreat is that it encourages participants to take a vow of silence during a given time. It can often be noted that Silence means no talking during meditation as well as meals. Also most silent Retreat such as a Sanctuary quiet often invites you to rediscover the gifts of the present moment at all times.

Other Christians and Catholics also engage in Silence Retreat.

It can also be noted that Silence Retreat is the ancient practice of silence that always takes you deep inside your soul , imagining having absolute peace and quiet to yourself.


It can noted that Silent retreat can benefit your relationship with those around you and help you establish a healthier relationship with others.

Also Silent retreat helps in effective concentration. Again Silent retreat helps individuals to talk less and then listen more.

At most Silent retreat helps others to challenge themselves.

Again Silent retreat helps others to gain mental momentum in life.

It can be observed that Silent retreat also helps in the mind and body transformation.


During a silent retreat you are always reminded to remain silent.

Although you remain silent during the retreat it gives you an opportunity to reflect inwardly and then process your thoughts in a calm and constructive manner.

Silence Retreat is considered important in retreats. It can be noted that prolonged silence can help you better process and then manage negative thoughts and teach you in reaching to negative sensations both during the retreat and long after the retreat.

Also during silent retreat, silence helps to regulate our hormones by reducing our blood pressure , boost our immune system and then enhance our creativity and self awareness.

This then may result in a greater calm,clarity and centeredness.

As often during Silent Retreat no talking is being allowed by these participants.

The benefit of going on a Silent Retreat is the opportunity to return home feeling refreshed and energized.


Finally, what to expect during a Silent Retreat often depends on where it is being held and the description of the retreat.

Lastly most Silent Retreat are often held in the United States of America a land of opportunities and plenty that includes such States as California and Massachusetts.

February 23, 2024 15:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.