Samuel was at a convention for a hobby most people have never heard of entirely.

Submitted into Contest #78 in response to: Set your story at a convention for a hobby most people have never heard of.... view prompt

1 comment

Creative Nonfiction High School Black

A hobby is considered to be a regular activity that is done for enjoyment during leisure time.

Hobbies include collecting theme items and objects engaging in creative and artistic pursuits playing sports or other amusement.

My story is entitled Samuel was at a convention for a hobby most people have never heard of entirely.

Samuel thought of new ways to spend his free time. Also a particular active person may have tried alot of different activities. There are some that are rather unusual and unknown as of hobbies most people have never heard of entirely in life.

Among some hobbies that most people have heard about includes

Volcano Surfing: This happens to be a hobby and is presumably one of the most hazardous hobbies you have never heard of entirely in life. Volcano surfing happens to be an outdoor activity performed on some volcano slopes. Some riders like up and slide down which is similar to snowboarding . Within a stipulated time, the sports migrated from mountains of snow to the Ash plains of some active volcanoes.

Some potential dangers include falling off and possibly getting cut by the rough volcanic rocks or inhaling toxic gas .

Also volcano surfing was invented in 2004 by Daryn Webb, who took to the black slopes of the Cerro Negro volcano in Nicaragua on a mattress. Other hobbies that most people have heard also includes Cliff Camping.

Cliff Camping is not for the faint of heart , but if you like the outdoors and are not afraid of heights , try sleeping hundreds of feet off the ground in a tiny tent attached only by straps and rock hooks. When standing is safe , it may feel extremely precarious.

During Cliff camping you are required to always wear your harness ,even to sleep. Cliff camping makes the adventure totally safe.

Again another hobby is that of Stargazing just by looking at the stars might sound boring to some people.

These stargazers also do identify constellations and observe the moon,

During stargazing there is so much to look at out there including the internet at your fingertip.

With stargazing you can you can identify all sorts of constellations.

Again with stargazing this will allow you to observe more closely and more Stars and even satellites.

Another hobby is the Drone Racing. Also with Drone Racing it is the perfect hobby for those who strive to build extremely fast and agile drones. You also have to fly your drone through courses at a high speed. The Drone Racing is a growing sport worth thousands of dollars where more Pilots compete each season to win a championship league.

With Drone Racing it costs about two two hundred U.S. Dollars to join any league ,prices vary depending on where you live.

Also practice with your friends and keep the money to yourself. Check drone regulations before flying.

Another hobby at the convention most people have never heard of is the Geocaching.

Geocaching is like a treasure hunt, which is a popular and fun hobby that brings technology , adventure and nature together . A combination that some people didn't think was possible. With Geocaching a hand held GPS receiver or an App on your phone guides you to a destination a container is stored.

Again there are several things you need before trying out geocaching. Also create an account with a cache listing site. There seems to be lots of communities that offer completely free access to the caching data and all site features. You need a smartphone with GPS and a portable charger to keep your phone fully charged . It is important going on longer geocaching hikes.

Also Trainspotting describes an interest in trains and railways , it is a hobby most people have not heard of entirely.

Train spotters engage in this hobby by watching trains and tracking the number of each engine. Also people will share information on the whereabout of the trains as well as technical data and some sort of specific characteristics.

When trainspotting, Samuel realized that you need a pen and a notebook , this is what makes the hobby interesting .

Trainspotting provides the perfect excuse to be outdoors more and enjoy the dramatic scenery that only the railway networks can provide.

Again , another hobby is the Soap Art on the internet , as one of the most oddly satisfy things to do. This is a hobby most people never heard off. When you want to try your hand at Soap Art yourself as in the scenario of Samuel,you need to just use a sharp tool to shape the soaps into little sculptures. Soap art is an art and a hobby that anyone can learn and it can be an amazing activity for children as well.

Also for some adults it can be a gateway to creating amazing sculptures.

It is also a hobby that most people have never heard off in our society.

Also a budget friendly and non toxic way for families to spend some time together and express their creativity.

Another hobby which is the Duck herding that is never heard off is defined during the convention of Samuel as a hobby adored by everyone.

This is a hobby where you have to work as a team with highly trained sheep , dogs to maneuver a group of geese or ducks back into their pen.

Duck herding is one of the most entertaining activities that combines teamwork , communication and listening skills.

Also this hobby is suitable for all sorts of abilities , age ranges and levels of fitness this makes it a very accessible choice for corporate team , building events.

Finally , another hobby that people have never heard of is Zorbing. Samuel never heard of Zorbing but learnt it during the convention. Zorbing is a very simple hobby. With this hobby you need to climb inside a big inflated double walled plastic ball and roll down a hill.

Also these giant balls are always a must do.

When you are hooked on this hobby , you also join a team and compete. As observed the team that goes to the hill is the fastest winner.

Again New Zealand is one of the best destinations for such hobby and its amazing landscape is perfect for hosting this sport.

Also with this experience you can try Wet zorbing which has the added pleasure of about half a bucket of water in the zorb ball, ensuring that all your ride is very slippery , not to mention very wet.

Also with this hobby you experience the idea of bouncing around freely inside zorbs, these zorbs will harness to hold you entirely in place , so you always need to roll along with the ball.

January 25, 2021 15:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Peter Hood
18:30 Feb 04, 2021

I found the info. informative. I'd never heard of zorbing. Great stuff.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.