Looking Down on Us

Written in response to: Set your story in a tea house.... view prompt

4 comments

Fantasy Funny Kids

Sometimes I look out of my window wondering if there is someone watching, controlling me. Past all of the skies and the clouds, past the stars and the moons, just someone, something that is watching us like a toy set.

-----------

I wake up around 7:20 am and smell the nice scent of coffee and bacon. My parents must be making breakfast like they do every Saturday morning. I'm glad it is the weekend, I have time to work on my lego set.

Legos are always something I have to keep hidden though as my little sister loves to take them and use them for her "tea parties".

I pick up my legos from last night and place them in my closet. I take my favorite one, a police officer, and stick him right on top of the house I made for him.

I hear my mother call for me from downstairs and I rush down eagerly waiting to eat some eggs and bacon. Once I get down there my sister is upset because she isn't allowed to have coffee yet, but as for me, I have my favorite mug filled with it. We eat and talk about weekend plans and how my father wants us to go camping, seeing how we have Monday off of school.

I really don't want to go camping though because I recently got a new set to build and I was hoping to do that all week. My mother says that some time out of the house would be good for me, saying that those legos control my life.

I argue back saying that I control them because they're toys. She gets visibly upset and my father tells me that I am going, no questions. This sucks, my whole weekend gone just to go sit in a tent and fish.

I get done eating and notice my sister is already gone and I hear her upstairs. My father tells me to go get ready and pack my bags. I don't want to get into any trouble so I obeyed. I slowly walked up the stairs and into my room. "Stupid camping trip" I said to myself, "I just want to be home with my legos."

I get my bag packed with clothes and everything I need for the trip. I set it on my bed and go to use the restroom. As I am finishing up I hear my sister talking in the room over. I hear her talking about her tea party and how she is happy everyone could make it.

I walk back to my room and notice my closet slightly ajar. I approach the doors and when I look inside I immediately saw my police lego gone. I rush out of my room and see my sister playing with it.

"Give it back!" I yell. She holds it back and tries to hide it in her toy house. I reach over to grab it and I fall onto her favorite doll, breaking the arm off. She cries and runs downstairs. I take my lego and rush back to my room. I try to hide it on the top shelf of my closet and I accidentally knock over one of my lego sets. I see it fall towards me then all goes black.

I wake up and hear my mom calling for me and I can tell in her voice that she is upset at me, probably for breaking my sisters doll, but that was her fault. I stand up and I don't recognize the room I am in. Everything is blocks like.. like lego.

I rub my eyes to see if I am imagining it but no. What I am seeing is real. I look out of the windows and I see clouds painted on a blue sky. Everything is normal except for this room. Well everything was normal until I realized every house on this street was a lego house. I open the door to the room and see a lego woman standing there in the hallway.

She screams and another lego woman comes rushing down the hall. They both are screaming now and I see a lego man come rushing towards me asking what I am doing in his house. I panic and run past him out onto the streets where I get hit by a police car.

When I open my eyes I notice something. My legs are detached from my body. I scream in horror even though nothing actually hurts. That's when I realize I myself, am made of lego. The police officer helps me up and it's him. My favorite lego.

"Son are you ok?" he asks me. "Oh dear, I knocked your legs off didn't I?". He walks over and pushes the legs back into place. I stand up and look at him. "Where am I?""Why you are in Sammyville!". Sammyville? I'm in my lego set!

Hearing my name again made me notice that I can't hear my mom anymore. I can't hear anyone from my family anymore. Just then the sky turns black. Everyone around me goes into a panic and starts screaming, "It is happening again! What did we do to deserve this?".

Just then I hear my mother's voice again. "Sam are you here? Here you go Mary, have one of Sam's toys until we get yours fixed up." A woman walking her dog gets pulled into the sky and disappears. The sky turns blue with clouds again and my mother's voice is gone.

"Hopefully our savior will bring her back just as they did with me." says the police officer. I rush through the streets freaking out because I am trapped in my lego set. Will I ever get out? Will my family find me?

I recognize the surroundings as city square. This is where most of the chaos happens. From stormtroopers marching down the street to Batman fighting Steve from Minecraft. This place is a mash-up of every lego set I own. I notice the officer is still following me.

He asks me if I am okay and after assuring him that I am, he welcomes me into his home for some tea to get to know me. He hasn't seen me around before and is wondering who I am. I accept his offer and when we get to his house he makes some tea and sits it on the table.

"So where are you from kid?" he asked me in a concerned manner. "What's your story?". I didn't know what to say. Instead I just stared out of the window wondering if someone is controlling me.

January 12, 2022 17:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

18:16 Jan 12, 2022

That was really cool! I loved how utterly out of the box your take was!

Reply

Pixeltoast ㅤ
18:17 Jan 12, 2022

Thanks that means a lot I'm glad you liked it : ]

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ella C
22:37 Jan 12, 2022

This was really good! I love the concept!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Pixeltoast ㅤ
17:32 Jan 12, 2022

This is my first story and because of that, is probably not very good. But I hope you like the story.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.