27 comments

Fantasy Mystery

Whitefire. The strongest dragon in his tribe. He defeated the chief of the tribe Portin. It has been 5 years since then.

Now, he married Speedash and has an egg. Whitefire and Speedash went to the priest of their tribe. The priest told them that the egg will hatch on the first Sorton of Marimar at 20:412 (Saturday, March 2:43 pm).ย ย 

He said, โ€œHe will be a small, but powerful, water dragon.โ€ He looked at a small darkened patch on the egg.

ย โ€œWhy is that there?โ€ He thought. He took the egg to the room where he kept his foresight equipment.

He put the egg on the table and took his magical bones out of his super-secure bag and rubbed them on the patch. Then, he blew fire from his mouth onto a thing that looked unusually like an oven.

He put the bones in the oven-like thing. The bones burned quickly. They left pasty-white ashes behind them. The priest ate them. He saw visions inside his mindโ€™s eye.

I am a Mosheran. They have not died. Everyone in this tribe is a Mosheran!

The priest came back to real life.

ย โ€œWhat happened?โ€™โ€™ asked Whitefire.

ย โ€œIโ€™ll tell you. Just give me a minute,โ€ The priest said while rummaging through his bag. He found the book he wanted. The title was โ€˜ฦฌฮ‰ฮฃ ฮ‰IฦงฦฌำจะฏY ำจF ฦฌฮ‰ฮฃ ฦฌะฏIBฮฃฦงโ€™.

He went to the chapter the โ€˜ฦฌฮ‰ฮฃ Dฮฃฮ›D-MIGฮ‰ฦฌYโ€™. It was a tribe everyone was scared of because of one, evil dragon. Her name was Saustrus. When none of the tribes wanted her, she made her own tribe. They called themselves the Mosherans, and they named their tribe The Dead-Mighty.

Their motto was โ€œAnyone evil enough is in!โ€

She started taking over tribes, killing every single one who was trying to fight her, and took in whoever was evil enough. No one knows what happened to the dragons who werenโ€™t trying to fight her, but rumor had it that they killed themselves after too much oppression from other tribes.

But the tribes that survived had had enough of it. They banished Saustrus and whoever was in that tribe. This was about 1,932 years ago in dragon years, which is 966 years in human years.ย 

That dark patch on the egg was onThe Dead-Mightyโ€™s eggs. The priest told Whitefire and Speedash. They were shocked. โ€œHow?!โ€ They both exclaimed.ย 

โ€œThis is the first Mosheran since 1243! Also the first water Mosheran!โ€

โ€œThis canโ€™t be true. It canโ€™t be!โ€ Whitefire said. But it was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was the day the egg would hatch. It was 20:409(2:40) when Speedash was making the last of the arrangements at the place of the hatching. She made it so good because they found another superpower of Whitefireโ€™s which was seeing the first sight of another dragon and then printing it out of his head.ย 

They didnโ€™t think it would be useful to have a superpower like that, but that was before they married.

It was now 20:412, and there were a few cracks on the egg. Finally, the egg hatched. There was a five-minute timer in their tribe where you have to name the hatchling.

โ€œWhat should we name him?โ€ Speedash asked, โ€œI think we should name him Auqristl(o-cri-stal). Sounds cool.โ€

โ€œNah, not that โ€ฆ sounds cool though, but no. I think โ€ฆ Seamon?โ€

โ€œYeah! Good! Weโ€™ll tell dad about the name.โ€

They raced to the chiefโ€™s house, but of course, Whitefire won because of his powers. They got there and Speedash told the chief the news.

โ€œGood job! Very nice name!โ€ The chief remarked.

โ€œThank you!โ€ Whitefire and Speedash exclaimed. They flew back to their house and played a little with Seamon. He was quite playful. He rolled around and tried to blow fire from his snout. He didnโ€™t know that water dragons canโ€™t blow fire from their snout, they can only hose water at their enemies.

Water dragons have an advantage. They can go invisible in water. Even fire dragons can do that in fire or smoke, but there isnโ€™t much fire in the world. Water dragons can also make water balls and water missiles. They just have to make a water ball, throw it into the air and say missile. Then it comes down and makes a gigantic splash.

This is the worst for speed dragons because this is a different type of water that damages their speed. They will only go as fast as Usain Bolt, which is like a normal dragon to walk. I mean, they are DRAGONS!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seamon was 34 years old in dragon years. 17 in human years.

ย Whitefire and Speedash were about to tell him that he was a Mosheran. Seamon knew what Mosherans are because they come in kidsโ€™ stories.

โ€œSeamon, you know those people called Mosherans, right?โ€ Speedash asked Seamon.

โ€œYes mom, I know that the Mosherans arenโ€™t real. Iโ€™m 34 years old!โ€ Seamon replied.

โ€œUm, Itโ€™s not that. Whitefire, tell him,โ€ Speedash said.

โ€œOkay,โ€ He said, hesitating a bit, โ€œSeamon, this might come as a shock to you, but โ€ฆ you are a Mosheran.โ€

โ€œHaha, very funny,โ€ Seamon said sarcastically, โ€œGreat joke dad, Iโ€™m literally dying of laughter. Haha.โ€

โ€œNo,โ€ Whitefire told him, โ€œThis is serious. Before you were born, our tribeโ€™s priest told us that you had a dark patch on your egg that only Mosherans had. This is no joke, take us seriously.โ€

Seamonโ€™s smirk was wiped off his face as he saw the no-joke expression on his mom and dadโ€™s faces. His eyes widened.

โ€œThis canโ€™t be,โ€ He said, โ€œNo, I canโ€™t be. I just canโ€™t! Wait, then did you guysโ€™ mom and dads tell you that you had a dark patch on your egg? Because this is surely genetically related.โ€

โ€œNo,โ€ Speedash said, โ€œNo they didnโ€™t.โ€

โ€œThen this is a joke. Very good acting. A-plus!โ€

โ€œNo, the priest told us this before you were born. You are a Mosheran, Seamon, you really are. Weโ€™re not joking.โ€

Seamon sighed. He didnโ€™t want to be a Mosheran but he had to. He looked at the face of his mom and dad. Finally, he believed them. โ€œOkay,โ€ He said, โ€œFine. I am.โ€

"Sorry to break it to you like this,"ย  Speedash said awkwardly.ย 

No one talked about the topic for a few weeks. A few weeks after, all three of them went to the forest. They just wanted to play a little, watch trees grow(itโ€™s a whole different world), have a small little picnic. But no, the dragon god wouldnโ€™t let that happen.

They were just about to get into the forest with their wing-ball (A special ball used for playing indigo, a sport much like catch, but with wings, and in the air) and lunch when they heard a sound.

It spooked them. All of a sudden, a dragon swooped down from the sky and took Seamon, with five other dragons. Speedash went quickly with Whitefire right behind her, fighting the other dragons.

โ€œFly as fast as you can! Iโ€™m fighting the other ones but Iโ€™m right behind you!โ€ Whitefire told Speedash.

โ€œYeah, I am! Iโ€™m right behind Seamon!โ€ She replied. She finally kicked the dragon carrying Seamon. The dragon fell while Seamon was able to stay up in the air. Speedash was able to steal a glance at the falling dragonโ€™s face, and she was shocked. Even the history books didnโ€™t need to tell her whoโ€™s scarred face that was.

ย Saustrus.

October 08, 2020 12:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

27 comments

Sia S
03:01 Oct 09, 2020

Nice story, with strong imagination. I really liked the names of the days and times. The while thing was pretty good! Btw, mind checking out my new story? I have a couple so lemme know what genre you like.

Reply

Sia S
07:58 Oct 09, 2020

Welcome!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
20:20 Oct 08, 2020

This is my guess for the daily riddle: Today is Sunday!

Reply

00:02 Oct 12, 2020

Yay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Thank you! Sorry if the reply is a little late. I haven't been logging on to reedsy lately.

Reply

Show 1 reply

Thank you! Sorry if the reply is a little late. I haven't been logging on to reedsy lately.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Thank you! Sorry if the reply is a little late. I haven't been logging on to reedsy lately.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 9 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.