0 comments

Christmas Drama Fantasy

I was having my personal Beyoncé and Yemi Alade concert in the shower when I heard a knock at the door. "Come in, its open" was what I screamed at the top of my voice so whomever it was could hear me. The door opened and from the way the person walked I knew it was my grandma. "I heard you calling on all the single ladies, but yo grandma is taken so I didn't take that call" was what she said immediately she got Into the room. I laughed out loud, my grandma could easily pass for a comedian. She hugged me tight I was almost suffocating, she smelt exactly the same as the last time we met. I wished her a merry christmas in advance as we alighted down the stairs. When we got downstairs, she told me she had a gift for me, I wasn't surprised I only wondered what it was this time around.

Every chrisymas my grandma visited, she usually came with a gift. Not your regular gifts, she always gave me pets at their very tender age and made me groom them. When I was 7, it was a cat, I turned 13 and she gave me a dog, now this year, she came with a Bird. The bird was so little and cute and was in her tiny cage when I went close, Apparently I wasn't given a warm welcome as she bit my finger. My grandma laughed and told me the bird was a stubborn one. She left about thirty minutes later and said she'll be coming in two months to see my progress. I was excited and confused at the same time because I had no clue on how I was supposed to take care of the cute little but arrogant and rude bird in front of me.

I took in a deep breath and went into google. "How to take care of a bird" were the words I typed and I got over a thousand search results, but nothing was adding up. This bird was a different one and they made everything look so easy. I dropped my phone and decided to go with my mind. I caught the bird starring right into my eyes and I freaked out. I thought that was going to be the end of it till I heard "why are you so scared?". I was very sure we were only two in the room and that definitely did not come from me. I fainted, got up and fainted again. I was about calling my grandma when the bird told me if I did, she'll die. She said I was the only one supposed to know she could speak and that if anyone else should find out, she'll die. I went down stairs to the kitchen to give my mum a hug just to be sure it wasn't a dream. "Honey, what is it?" My mum asked and I told her I was fine. I ran back upstairs and shut the door. This bird laid on my bed and was using my phone. When I came in, she told me to be comfortable and feel at home. Really? Feel at home in my own house. At that point, I knew I was in for a ride.

I asked her if she had a name and she said her name was Samantha but her friends called her Sam. "So, sam it is then", she nodded. I told her to tell me a little about her and why I was the only one who could know she was a talking bird. She said from where she's from, every bird was connected to a human and that I was her human. She said no matter what, we were bound to meet and our time was now. I told her it was cool. I was still freaking out, but it was better than before. I told her my name was Samuel, but she could call me Sam. She brought her tiny claws forward for a handshake and I reciprocated. She told me taking care of her wouldn't be a problem as she'll tell me everything I'll do to make it easy. We heard footsteps and I told sam it was my mum, she got off the bed immediately before my mum came in. "Dinner is ready honey, you can come with your bird"

We went downstairs to eat. When we were done eating, I heard my phone ringing, it was my grandma. "How are you enjoying your new friend darling?". We're doing great ma was my response. I didn't want to go Into detail to avoid spilling the tea. We said our goodbyes and she hung up. I turned to sam, she was already sleeping but I noticed she has grown bigger than the way she was 5 minutes ago. I freaked out again. I woke up at exactly 5am really excited because it was christmas day. I turned to the side to see if sam was there, but she wasn't. I said a prayer and made my bed before going downstairs. "Sammmm, are you there? Sammmmmm" . Someone tapped my shoulders and I turned to find my mum right behind me. Hi mum, merry christmas. She said merry christmas too and asked who sam was. I told her it was the name I gave my bird.

The house was already set up with the beautiful christmas tree. Sam was sitting pretty onto the tree. When I found her, she gave me a wink and said Merry christmas. I wished her a merry christmas also. My grandma was on her way to the house. I took sam to the toilet and gave her a warm bath. I cleaned her fur and set her to dry. When she got dried, I wore her a red and white dress. It was so big and funny. My grandma came In an hour later and was delighted to see the way same and I were progressing.

She smiled at me and said I was doing a good job. We ate and danced all day. We opened our presents, it was my best christmas yet. I was so happy as Grandmas talking present eventually became my best friend.

December 20, 2020 21:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.