110 comments

Drama Funny

Once there was a family who lived in an old house. The house was not tattered, cracked, or weak. It just had thin walls that allowed lots of noise to escape the rooms. The house was home to a married couple, and two children, a girl and a boy. Well, actually, the house was home to the family, but also to a family of yellow and black striped grubs living on the leaves of some bushes. 

The bushes surrounded part of the house, just in front of where the car was always parked. But not too much as in to create a wall so the car couldn't get out.

Now, you see, the family didn't realize there were grubs living in their area for a long time. One day, when the mother was cleaning the yard, she discovered the grubs all over and in the bushes.

The news spread around the house as quickly as a tiny light particle, and the daughter went to see what they were like. Gosh, they were disgusting! They were yellow, black, hairy, and slimy. The grubs were the size of a small eraser, just thinner. Of course, no one actually touched them. The daughter stared at them in horror and disgust.

Then, the son went to see what was going on.

He exclaimed in awe, “Oh look! It's a disgusting grub!”

There were so many, small and big, gross.

The children were so disgusted that they had had goosebumps up and down their arms!

Even though they were shocked and disturbed, they agreed to leave the grubs alone. But they were so hard to ignore! Finally, the mother gathered them up in a bag using chopsticks and then tried to kill them with bug spray.

But the grubs escaped from the bag by chewing a hole in it! It was

amazing if you consider how slow they move.

Sometimes the mother threw the grubs onto the road with the pair of chopsticks, which the mother held tight in her grip. The daughter, however, did not agree with that. She clearly thought that what her mother was doing was torture even if the grubs were disgusting. And clearly, her mother didn’t listen.

Her mother did succeed to get rid of some, but each day, after she and her daughter came home from a bike ride, the daughter would find some more. And the pattern continued. Her mother would throw them out, but then the next day there were more. As you could guess, the battle continued repeatedly. In the case of this battle, the mother was like the leader, and the daughter had the position of Mr. Smee from Peter Pan. The little brother was the one always inquiring and commenting about the grubs. And the father was the one who didn’t do anything but just watch.

On the other side, there obviously was a leader of the grubs who wanted to win over the bushes, even though he knew it would be impossible. He was a brave, fierce, warrior that would do anything to help his friends and family. He was known as the most bold leader there was at the time. To be sure that he was the leader, his fellow mates had made him a helmet made out of carved, wooden, sticks. Sometimes evil teammates tried to take his helmet off when he was sleeping, or trick him into giving it to them. Those grubs were always noticed and banished from the bushes. The leader was the one who had planned it all out when they escaped from the plastic bag that had gathered them all up. It was actually not only them. The mother had forgotten to clean the other side of the bushes, which meant there were more grubs. Those grubs had quickly made their way across the pavement and helped the other grubs escape. The leader had made a signal that meant it was an emergency. It was the one and only signal which the leader could only use. He was the only one of the grubs who could make the signal when it was time for A new leader. So now, here he was, known as the boldest leader of the time.

The daughter knew that when the grubs were all cleared out, she would miss finding them. She also wondered why the crows didn't eat them. After all, crows do have spectacular eyesight.

This battle went on for a long time, until one day, the mother noticed there were no more grubs around in their bushes.

The war was finished. Once again, the humans had won.

But the daughter knew that one day the grubs would come back and reclaim their bushes. She knew that her family had won this time, but one day the grubs would come back.

As she watched the bushes, a burnet moth fly into the air, and she then realise what type of grub she had living in her backyard. A faint smiled appeared on her lips, because she hoped that next spring, that they would meet again and she opened her door and went back into her home.

The End

This is based on events that happened to me during March and May. I had lots of time to get out of the house and go biking and outside because I wasn’t as school. I was doing online learning. The daughter, referring to me, was so intrigued that she had to do research about them! They really were disgusting. I would really like you guys to tell me your favorite part on this one, if you could. If you have any editing suggestions, let me know! Also Laila, just to let you know, this is another one of my narrative stories that I wrote at school, fixed. I can also tell you guys something funny but something also proves I’m pretty stupid. So I was going to write that the leader of the grubs was known as something else to the grubs too. I was wondering if there was a bug language so I could say “leader” in that language. When I searched it up, the search results were inquiring about computer bugs. I hope you enjoyed; thank you.

January 05, 2021 23:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

110 comments

I thin this story was very unique, with a lot of great elements. Lovely job Coco! :)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
00:11 Jan 10, 2021

Omg you commented on mine just when I commented on yours 😆 Thanks so much Laila!

Reply

Haha, what a coincidence! Your welcome! :)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
00:47 Jan 10, 2021

💕

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Riddhi Shedge
02:30 Jan 08, 2021

Hey! I apologize if this comes off as desperate or annoying, but I keep getting downvoting like almost every single day. It's getting weird and kind of annoying at this point, so I was wondering if I could be upvoted or anything? It's totally fine if you're busy, and thank you :) -A fellow Marshmello, Riddhi

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:34 Jan 08, 2021

What are you talking about! I cant believe it! OF COURSE I will upvote you and I would love to give those downvoters a piece of my tough mind. 😅 I went overboard lol

Reply

Riddhi Shedge
03:48 Jan 08, 2021

Thank you so much, Coco! :)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
05:20 Jan 08, 2021

🥰

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
00:07 Jan 06, 2021

I loved this!! The setting was very distinct, and the characters had a very accentuated tone to them, probably a distinct nationality. This was very indirectly specific in that sense. Great job!!!!! I would suggest you show us more of the characters' personalities, but that's something you can choose whether or not to do.

Reply

Coco Longstaff
00:08 Jan 06, 2021

OKAY! Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll get to work as soon as possible!

Reply

. .
00:15 Jan 06, 2021

:D Great!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
04:34 Feb 19, 2021

😎 lol great job, man

Reply

Show 0 replies

Litlover gave me the link to upvote you, so... MARSHMALLOW TIME! :) You are a great writer.

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:54 Jan 08, 2021

I, I, thank you so much! But, you do know there’s no need for it because I bet there are some better writers here that deserve more points instead of me. Like you.

Reply

Me? Really? First, thanks for saying that I deserve lots of points! Second-- you aren't bad! You're an awesome writer! Third: Your name sounds like a fantasy warrior's name. Coco Longstaff. It's really fun to say :D

Reply

Coco Longstaff
23:08 Jan 08, 2021

Of course you do! You seem like a pure hearted person! Thanks Oh yeah, I was named after Coco Chanel

Reply

Thanks :) Cool name! I was named after a rock that the ancient Chinese people believed could preserve the dead lol.

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:21 Jan 09, 2021

Oh wow. That’s fascinating. And cool. Sorry I was afk btw

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
13:54 Jan 08, 2021

Hey Cola I was wondering if you could check out my bestie Mira's stories XD how are you doing??

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:49 Jan 08, 2021

Oh sure! Mira Caplan right? My little brother name is Mira lol. Oh, I’m great, tysm! What about you?

Reply

. .
23:01 Jan 08, 2021

Yep!! I posted a new story

Reply

Coco Longstaff
23:09 Jan 08, 2021

YAYY ok imma see it now

Reply

. .
23:09 Jan 08, 2021

Thanks youuuuuu 👋🏽🙏🦷💕✅😞😞😞😂😂🥸🧐🤨🥰😜😞🥳😚😜😎

Reply

Coco Longstaff
23:13 Jan 08, 2021

Hehe no problem

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
12:44 Jan 07, 2021

Your bio is awesome!! Imma call you Cola now :)!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:33 Jan 07, 2021

Aww thanks! And sure!

Reply

. .
22:56 Jan 07, 2021

Of course, Cola XD

Reply

Coco Longstaff
23:01 Jan 07, 2021

Hehe😆

Reply

. .
23:07 Jan 07, 2021

XDDDDDD you humans and your jokes XDDDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:39 Jan 10, 2021

HELLLLLO

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

wow! i love this! the war between the grubs and the humans is great and your description is unparalleled!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
00:51 Jan 06, 2021

Oh thanksss so much

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Akshaya ✨
06:51 Jan 09, 2021

Hi Coco! I loved this story! The narrative flowed really well, and I enjoyed reading it to the very end! The touch of humor was well done and very creative! This is the first time I'm commenting on your stories, and I would like to welcome you to Reedsy!! I wish you all the best in your writing journey! :D (I read your bio, and yeah, I check Reedsy for notifications every few minutes, too!)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
07:13 Jan 09, 2021

Oh hi Akysha! Thanks for all the feedback. I cant believe that this story was that funny; I guess I didnt really notice. When I told my mom about the story, she laughed and said that it was like I was making her a criminal. (You know, because I truthfully told everyone that she threw the grubs with chopsticks. And much more.) Thanks so much for welcoming me! Haha I guess we have that in common😆

Reply

Akshaya ✨
07:17 Jan 09, 2021

Of course!! :D Yeah, that is true! My pleasure!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
02:30 Jan 08, 2021

OMG THIS WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! I loved the whole idea of having a battle with grubs, I think that thats really creative! I laughed so hard at the "leader of the grubs" place!!!!!!! XDDD Great job! :D

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:36 Jan 08, 2021

First, thank you so much! Second, I cant believe I made someone laugh with my story! Third, thanks again! Fourth, is there a story you want me to read?

Reply

Kate Reynolds
02:38 Jan 08, 2021

1. Welcome!!!!!!!! 2. I mean, it was hilarious! ;) 3. Nppp!!! 4. Hm, well if you have some time I would love it if you could read my Flawless Imperfection series! (total of 5 stories :D) What about you? Anything you want me to read?

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:40 Jan 08, 2021

Aww so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks! Ok sure! Well, maybe my Criminal book? Thanks again!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:44 Jan 08, 2021

Oh OK sure no prob!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

GUeSS WHAT UR PARt IS COmING OUt CHECK PrIYA FOR MOR

Reply

Coco Longstaff
22:34 Jan 07, 2021

YAY!!! OOK

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Hi Coco! WOW is all I could say, this was a wonderful and light spirited story. Amazing work on this! I love that u took a whole new approach and made it very sweet and funny:) P.S- Thx for the likes P.P.S- We're like the same Coco- I also check like every 10mins for the yellow dot;)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
02:20 Jan 07, 2021

Aww thank you! This was actually shorter, but I made it longer and I added some funny bits. You’re welcome! Oh really? I know, every time I see it, I’m like, do I have a new follower? Or a like? Or a comment? XDD

Reply

Of course!!! Hah, same:) Id love to be friends!!!!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
03:17 Jan 07, 2021

Sure!!!!

Reply

Coco Longstaff
03:18 Jan 07, 2021

Oh, and YOU LIKE TWILIGHT!????? IM IN LOVEEEE Who your favorite characterr

Reply

Really!!!! Wow we're so alike!!! I really like Alice, Bella and Edward!!! Renesme too!

Reply

Show 4 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Coco Longstaff
01:15 Jan 07, 2021

Mah fave color?

Reply

Coco Longstaff
01:22 Jan 07, 2021

It’s got to be galaxy, or maroon or black.

Reply

Coco Longstaff
01:28 Jan 07, 2021

Red

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

This is kinda true sis? wowowowowwwww :D MOTH BREATHIG XD

Reply

Coco Longstaff
01:16 Jan 06, 2021

Yah its all true Good to talk to you again sis!!! I was wondering if Priya would also want to be my friend??

Reply

Hehe OFC!!! SHE's writing a fanfic with you in it!!! Also, new ship: TANJIKKU (check out our series for mor!!!)

Reply

Coco Longstaff
01:24 Jan 06, 2021

Oooh cool also thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:49 Jan 09, 2021

Haha, I love this story! It’s super creative and well-written. I had no idea what to do with this prompt, but you interpreted into an awesome charming tale. Great job, Coco!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.