3 comments

Romance Sad Teens & Young Adult

I was panting, trying to catch up to my girlfriend who was already at the top of our favorite mountain, the mountain where we met, had our first date, and first kiss.

“Hurry up James!” She yelled, “Your gonna miss the sunrise!”

“I’m right behind you,” I said, putting my hand on her shoulder.

“Oh right. Hi” she said tilting her head back to look at me and smiled.

“Hi,” I said, smiling back at her, then looking down at the lake that lies below the mountain,

“You know what I like most about this mountain?” She asked turning around to face me. “It’s that it’s not like a lot of mountains, there’s no need for hiking gear because you just have to walk a trail to get to the top, and we met here, also when I’m up here with you, I feel like time just stops and we’re the only two people on earth!” She said hugging me, before, she walked over closer to the edge of the mountain, threw her arms up in the air, and yelled, “I’m on top of the world!” She yelled it at the top of her lungs, she was so alive, so brave, I couldn’t imagine my life without her.

I walked over there and stood right next to her,

“C’mon,” I said, “Let’s head back.” We started walking back, talking, and smiling.

Once we got back down to the mountain, she didn’t look so good, she was panting, her face turned red, and she was fanning herself.

“Are you ok?” I asked concerned, taking her hand and starting to walk her over to a near by bench,

“I feel, I feel, dizzy,” she said right before she just collapsed, I kneeled down, and called 911.

“Hi, I need an ambulance fast!” I said into the phone, not long after an ambulance arrived.

They put her on a stretcher and lifted it up into the back, luckily I got to ride with her.

“Will she be ok? Is she dead?” I asked, tears filling my eyes. Nothing like this had ever happened before, I don’t remember the last time she was sick, she always made me feel alive, and she seemed like nothing could stop her, hurt her, kill her, I grabbed her hand, and kissed it. The rest of the ride was quiet, I didn’t know what to say, but then all of a sudden, I just dropped her hand, In shock because her pulse It was gone?, I couldn’t feel the thump, thump, thumping, I grabbed her hand again, making sure I wasn’t imagining things, but no, she was dead, gone, I will never see her again!

“Hey! She she she‘s dead, she’s not breathing, her heart’s not beating” I yelled, a guy came over and checked her pulse, then putting his ear on her chest.

“I’m sorry,” he said, with a sad expression on his face, I looked at her one more time and tears were streaming down my face, I go

ran out of the hospital and sprinted home, avoiding everything, I just wanted to go home.

I walked inside and slammed the door behind me,

“What’s wrong honey?” My mom asked looking at me concerned,

“She’s dead!” I yelled and ran up to my room, sure, maybe that wasn’t descriptive enough but, she knew what I meant, every Saturday morning me and Sophie hiked our favorite mountain together and look at the sunrise, she was the only one I’ve been with all morning.

I threw myself onto my bed, crying nonstop, thinking that I could ever stop, knowing that I will never love again, never know someone like Sophie, I spent most of the day in my room, I read all of our text message from the past, looked at all our photos, more and more every second.

I walked downstairs to grab dinner before heading back up to my room, I glanced out the window, it was getting darker, I dropped my food, before running out the door, and all the way to our mountain, I ran up the trail faster then I ever had, I could hear her voice in my head, saying “I love you,” and “I’m on top of the world!”

I reached the top of the mountain, just in time, the sun was setting, the moon was rising, the lake looked so pretty!

“She’s gone, dead” I said aloud to myself staring at the lake, then looking up at the stars, threw my hands in the air and yelled, “She’s on top of the world!”

So, how’d you like it? Should I make a part two where he tries to make her come back? and I don’t have 1000 words yet so Ima just keep saying hi

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hI hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hI hi hi hi hi

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

November 15, 2020 04:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

15:47 Nov 15, 2020

This was great, Cadence! I think that your take on this prompt was really cool. I genuinely liked it a lot. You could be a bit more descriptive when 1) Sophie faints, 2) when Sophie dies, and 3) when James is crying. But you're still a new writer, so just work on that. Overall, this was fantastic! -Brooke

Reply

ℂ𝕁 𝕄.
01:19 Nov 17, 2020

Thanks for tips when I have more time I will edit the story

Reply

01:21 Nov 17, 2020

No problem! Sounds good. Just to let you know, if the contest has ended, you can't edit the actually writing. Just what category it is under.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.