3 comments

Fantasy Romance

Knights are confident in their ways of protecting the kingdom. But I don’t have a kingdom to protect all I have is chaos. Death is in the air. And I’m not in the fairy tail I always wanted. I’m unstable and can’t trust anyone anymore. The last person I trusted was my Grandfather who was so stuck in the past he couldn’t even remember his own name. But no Iw he’s the past. He pasted away lasted it month in his sleep. The last thing I hear from his mouth was the screams of joy from his dream’s through the walls. It was a good one too. I’m positive it was the one about kissing his lady after he saved the kingdom and protected his king from the demon. My brother always said he was a terrible man. He could tell from all the story’s Mom told him. Apparently he wasn’t there for her birth or my brother’s. He never was on time for anything and always distracted. But he was always there for me. He never talked anymore after the murder of Grandma and my dead beat father. But when everything was quiet and we were alone I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder and he would tell me his stories after we shared the cookies I grabbed from the counter. In my house then the oat meal cookies never ran out because they were always needed. I would say the classic I can’t believe he’s gone but I found him dead in his bed clutching a key. So I know he’s gone for good. As I’m half way into my senior year of high school, I constantly get called ‘Freaky Lia’. It doesn’t matter all I need is my book that’s filled to the brim with my Grandpa’s hand writing and mine. He told me writing down all his stories would come in handy. But I never thought I would need to hear one of his ridiculous stories so bad it hurt my chest. I think people from school would hit me if I didn’t work out on a regular basis. Because my Grandpa would always say ‘Give them a reason to fight but not a reason to win’. But let’s get outta my head shall we? As I walk through the halls of my school I try not to think too much about what just happened. But I just can’t help it. My teacher kicked me out of the classroom for no good reason. I simply told some ‘kid’s’ to shut their da*n mouths before they let to much air go to their heads because they already have to much brain damage. I had a reason to tell them to tell them that. We were taking a test and the teacher let them group up and play a card game. Well I wasn’t done with my test. The teacher told me to watch my mouth. Well I told him to watch it for me. Now I’m just walking the halls thinking about whether to wait till the bell which signals the end of the day incase he calls me back in the classroom or ditch this joint. I chose the later. I skip over to my house only three blocks away with a tight squeeze beginning in my chest. As I walk in the door I decide I have to find out where that key goes to. As hours past I went all over the house looking in every room but two the garage and..my Grandpa’s room. “Just get it over with” I tell myself as I grip the door handle with a burning sensation in my chest replacing the tight squeeze that had taken over my chest just moments ago. Opening the door I let out the breath I was holding and breathe in the fresh cinnamon smell that has taken over the room. I wish they hadn’t of thrown his knight books out. They were always very interesting and attention grabbing. As I look up I realize I’m grabbing the carpet up and putting it to the wall. Strange it was like I couldn’t move. My body was moving on it’s own. But this isn’t the first time this has happened. It happened the last few times I let my anger and sadness out on myself. I couldn’t control my arms as I kept ripping at my skin not letting a pepe come out my mouth as the tears drip downed my face into the blood flowing from my left arm. I don’t remember much after that just sobbing into my Grandpa’s chest then waking up with little scars where the cuts were. I never questioned what happened but I wish I did. All I did was thank him with my eyes. As my flashback ends I notice I’m on the floor turning the key into the hole on what looks like a hatch. Closing my eyes I feel a warmth go through my body as I feel someone shake me awake. “Princess Amelia!?” I hear a creamy voice whisper yell at me. “Yes?” I answer back feeling enchanted by the voice almost begging me to get up as I feel a slight tugging begin at my hands. “I can’t see so I will not get up” I tell the voice that’s currently still tugging at my right hand now. “Princess don’t play games please! We need to get you back!” He yells with haste In his voice now. “Games?” I question him as I begin to feel around at my environment. Moss and roots. I’m at a tree. Then I feel at my face. ‘My eye lids aren’t open!’ I think to myself. As I pry them open I suddenly notice on thing. My knight he’s handsome. His-”Princess who cares if your eye lids are open! Your blind! You can’t feel the sun on them! It’s night time!” He yells even louder this time with worry on his face. “Right..” I pause and think about my decisions. ‘I’ll play along’ As I use the rotting tree to hoist myself up suddenly a rock gets under my foot. And I prepare for the cold dark ground to consume me. “Be more careful” My knight tells me as I open my eyes and notice I’m in his arms. I raise my hands and start to feel his face. He has these gorgeous baby blue eyes they seem like they’re staring into your soul. And his lushes lips look made for mine. His blackish brown hair looks so smooth.“Lets go” he grabs my hand and suddenly I’m lifted up into the air and put on a horse. Then he gets on too. “Hold on” he tells me with commanding voice.

After what seems like hours I ask “Where are we going?” “To get the plant of health. You know this.” He replies back. As I listen to the forest falling asleep I start to as well. All of the sounds and forest fades to black. Prying up my eyes again I see that I’m in my knights arms and he’s currently walking over a big fallen tree. “K-knight?” I stutter out. “Yes princess?” He says with a straight face. “Where are we?” I ask as I start to get dizzy from looking at how high up we are. “Almost there my love” He casually says. “L-love!?” I yell in surprise as he finally gets over the tree on to safe ground. “Yes I’ve pronounced my love to you ages ago but you simply rejected me” He says as something changes in his eyes. “Put me down” I command. I’ll show him who wants who. As he obeys my command and put me down I brace myself. And go straight in for his kisser. Which lands perfectly. As I kiss him I feel him tense up then start kissing back. Bitting my lip asking for access which I grant. That earns a deep moan from his throat into mine. “What changed your mind?” He asks after he broke our long kiss. “You” I simply say back with a smirk growing on my face. As I’m looking at us holding hands I notice a clearing. ‘We’re finally get there!’ I think to myself. Basically what happened after that was grabbing the plant plus kissing more. Then arriving at the castle. “I have to tell you something” I tell him. Then explain what happened. “I-” he starts then gets voiced over by a man. He told what happened to the real princess in my body. She wanted this. Knight was upset but he forgave me. I told him about me and he said he just felt even more in love with me. I don’t know how this was possible but I have a husband now and my three angels besides me now. I couldn’t ask for more. I’m obsessed with my knight.

October 03, 2020 01:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Crystal Lewis
15:06 Oct 07, 2020

I like your story and idea. :) However, keep an eye on paragraphs. A paragraph is about one sort of topic. When a new person starts talking, or it’s a new scene or a new character, then you start a new paragraph. Makes it easier to read your stories.

Reply

Cayla Ashworth
18:07 Oct 07, 2020

Right thanks. New writer in process. I apologise for the confusion. ;)

Reply

Crystal Lewis
01:29 Oct 08, 2020

All good. Well done on submitting m your first story!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.