My story is entitled Marriage of Princess Diana in the Castle.

Written in response to: Write about a successful marriage proposal, or one that goes horribly wrong.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled The Marriage of Princess Diana in the Castle.


Once upon a time, there lived a King called King Charles who had a daughter by name Princess Diana.

Princess Diana was very outspoken and beautiful. Also Princess Diana was the first born of his father ,she was so dear to his father.

As she grew up in the Castle of King Charles ,she was loved by all the inhabitants of the community.

Also Princess Diana argues that when choosing a man to marry he should be of good character and of the Royal family.

Princess Diana is a Christian so she likes Christians and she devotes much of her time and resources in worshiping the Almighty God.

No wonder that she often says that All Christians should be steadfast in prayers and also obey God's commandments.

As often Princess Diana drives a Mercedes in her country.

Also around her fathers farmyard she often rides on horses, that makes her well built and strong as she is often called by her friends Lady Sheena due to her love for animals.

Princess Diana even had a parrot,zebra ,monkey and a chimpanzee as her pet


Again Princess Diana mentioned that since men are the breadwinners of the house,they should be wealthy with a sound mind and a good job at hand in order to fend for their family.

Sometimes Princess Diana tells jokes and stories with the children by the fireside in the castle during her leisure time.

Also due to her story telling for kids she cultivated love for children , that even every Christmas she donates food items, toys and money for little children and the poor of the community.

Princess Diana was very patient in choosing her husband because she knows that her husband has to assist her in ruling the entire kingdom after the absence or demise of her father King Charles.



Other men and Princes came from other countries in search for her hand in marriage.

The suitors of Princess Diana were all rich and handsome.

They were well built and not physically challenged.

Others argued that almost all her suitors were of good character and well mannered so , it will be best if she marry all of them which is impossible.

She had to decide on only one of the men or suitors as her husband.

The men or suitors were ready to pay for the bride price of Princess Diana for her to be handed over for marriage.

There were about ten suitors and Princes who wanted to marry Princess Diana. Also due to their love for Princess Diana they offered gifts to King Charles in order to grant his daughter for marriage.


However since the King, King Charles did not know whom to trust ,he tried in deceiving the suitors and Princes that his daughter Princess Diana was dead.

King Charles informed them that his daughter Princess Diana was dead ,that he needed money from all of them to burry his daughter and also for a successful marriage ceremony.

Princess Diana was to travel to America , on the pretext that his father was going to conduct a fake funeral to find out who among his daughters suitors wants to marry her, Princess Diana and. really loved her.

King Charles informed them that his daughter Princess Diana was dead upon all the proposals, love and gifts they showed Princess Diana.

Also King Charles informed them since his daughter was dead he needed money for his daughters funeral.

Again King Charles had it in mind that whoever contributes to the funeral and expresses his condolences during the funeral will marry Princess Diana.

Almost about eight of the suitors and Princes got annoyed and called the marriage ceremony off, because Princess Diana was dead. What nonsense.? , shouted one of the suitors and a Prince.

The other two had sympathy for the Princess family. that they contributed their quota for the funeral.

He came to the funeral premises to express his condolences to the bereaved family due to his love and affection to Princess Diana.

Prince William was admired by King Charles that he befriend him.

Aftermath of the fake funeral, King Charles called a family meeting with Prince William that due to his kind gesture and patience he had a marvelous gift for him.


Later King Charles offered the young Prince William free land ,houses, farm land and cars.

The King, King Charles revealed that his daughter Princess Diana was not dead but he wanted to know and choose the right husband with character for his daughter and all the funeral that was being done was fake and not real.


When the other eight suitors heard that the Princess,Princess Diana was not dead they were all shocked and annoyed.

They wondered how could that have happened ,that they did not even contribute for the funeral ceremony of Princess Diana.

The eight other suitors and Princes yelled insults at King Charles. They decided to attack the castle by arresting or kidnapping the Princess.

The eight men forced in attacking the Castle with their own soldiers, and placards . They gave warning shots and decided to force the King to forcefully hand over her daughter Princess Diana for marriage.

At the entrance of the Castle when heading to King Charles Castle they were stopped by the guards but still they kept on giving warning shots.

They nearly maimed some of the Kings soldiers.

After ,the King, King Charles ordered for them to be arrested due to their wicked behaviour. The soldiers of the King attacked the suitors of Princess Diana and their gang, that they wounded some of them and arrested about four of them and due to their bad behaviour towards the King ,they were arrested and then imprisoned.


Lastly , Prince William married Princess Diana when she came back from America , the hideout country of the Princess was hiding during the funeral ceremony.

At last Prince William proposal to Princess Diana led to a successful marriage.

Prince William was shocked and surprised because he could not imagine a fake funeral with a fake casket or coffin being burried.


Finally, Prince William and Princess Diana got married and kissed on a special Valentine day. They both later had four children two boys and two girls and they lived happily ever after in the castle.



February 15, 2024 04:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.