To hell with the dare!

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Start your story with someone accepting a dare.... view prompt

3 comments

Mystery Suspense Thriller

We were sitting in a group playing truth or dare game just because my drunken best friend insisted me. I already feel tipsy as I finished my 5 th cup for the night. I looked over Daisy , she looked like she will puke right away if she had anymore of alcohol. "It's my turn, I will rotate it now" some random guy in the crowd told everyone. It straight away landed on Daisy. She never let me interrupt as she answered "dare" as she giggled by her own answer. "Dance with that man" the guy told pointing to a man sitting at the other end of room looking broke. " It's a bad idea" I whispered into her ears. She just ignored me as she always did. "Hey Romeo, here I come" with that she went in the direction of the guy stumbling by the amount of alcohol she took today. She finished her dare but she never returned. He clung to her and she didn't mind it as she was way too drunk. I just took her away from him as soon as possible. I reached to Daisy's car and let her settle and when I kept her in the front seat I saw the man from before in the rear mirror. I felt suspicious so I jumped to the driver seat and drove off to my home. I checked on the way home if he was following us. As I kept on driving I felt thrilled as we crossed the woods. I felt something move in the woods. I stopped the car and checked the woods, I was more than thrilled. I opened the door and stepped down to make sure that no one is following us. I heard leaves shuffling sound. I just rushed inside and tried starting the car but the key was missing. "Where the hell is the car key?" I shouted at my bestfriend but she didn't budge as she was already sound asleep. I remember Daisy saying that she had a spare key in the trunk of the car. I slowly got down, I know that's a bad idea but I can't do anything as the key went missing. I opened the trunk of the car and searched for the key everywhere and finally I found it. I felt a tap on my shoulder to meet a pair of familiar eyes back from the party, the man who danced with daisy. "Hey I think someone else is there in your car" he whispered. I am more than terrified. 'should I believe him or not' I thought for a split second. Just then out of nowhere my friend started to scream. I ran to the side of the car to see my bestfriend's most terrified face as there was knife at her. I traced the knife to see a man in the back seat. I could do nothing but ask help with the stranger I met in the party. I signalled him to come and fetch him on the other side of the backseat without the killer knowing. But the stranger just smiled standing there and admiring my now messy face because of the fear that I had. I soon understand the situation as these two are a gang and they guided us here without us having any suspicion. Soon the killer removed his mask, I was beyond shocked. He is the man who dared Daisy to dance with the stranger in the first place. Soon the stranger ushered me into the back seat and he took off the car further and turned towards woods. I know something eerie is waiting at the end of this situation. I waited patiently, sobbing silently to see where this car is going. I know Daisy is also as terrified as me but I need to plan something to get out from the hold of them. I planned of jumping from the door but I can't leave her alone to this jerks I need both of us too be safe. I thought of everything but nothing helps as the phone has no signal and we both didn't inform our parents about this party. So nothing could help us and I can't even see her face. I prayed to God to somehow help us from this lunatics. They entered a tunnel and parked the car they took hold of our hair as they let us inside. I heard Daisy gasp so I looked at what she was gasping at. "Holy shit" I muttered . The whole room is filled with numerous of girls photos and it included our pictures too 'Who are these two men? Do we even know them?' that's how Daisy faced me. Even I don't even have a idea about this. So they planned the whole thing without anybody suspecting them. They both left locking the room and left us alone. I felt nauseous as the smell was strange. Daisy was already puking her stomach out. I helped her by soothing her back. "It's gonna be okay, we will find a way out. But before that we have to find who these lunatics are" I assured and confused her at the same time. "Look at the wall they have our childhood pictures too. They are giving me shivers. Who are these psychopaths?" She replied I looked closely at every photos, they were all posted by us in our social media. So they know us from social media. There were not only our pictures but other girls too and some are marked and some are not. I concentrated on floor now as I have seen some red liquid somewhere. "Don't say this is what I think it is?" I said to Daisy my voice sounding a little more worried. "It is" she said. I could not hold it as I screamed my lungs out. They returned again by my shouting. "Well you did wake up the lion" she whispered fear evidence in her voice. "Hey babygirl you discovered something interesting" one of the two lunatics asked me closing the distance between us. I felt horrible at the smell of his breath. "We would kill you too but what's the fun in it we need a little game don't we?" He asked pointing towards Daisy. She just stood there without knowing what to reply the most lunatic person who is now holding a knife on her friend's throat. So she just nodded. Suddenly the door burst opened with cops having pistols on their hands then I realised it's the sensor I have on my pendant. "How could I forget that I had the sensor on my body?" I said and smirked facing those lunatics. "It's the end darlings. You are closed now." Daisy chirped finally. The cops left us in our home and arrested those lunatics. But what's more worse is we both were grounded by our parents for a year. "we could have died back there" Daisy smiled at me as she whispered this into my ears and went into her house lying opposite of ours. 'I am more than relieved to stay home than meeting some strange lunatic in some random party' I muttered to myself. If she was not stubborn from the start this would never had happened.

May 14, 2021 16:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Yuk Yuk
11:07 May 22, 2021

The only thing I'll say is that it's clustered. Usually when a new person is talking or narrating you start a new paragraph. Please read my story on this prompt and tell me what you think. Open to feedback.

Reply

14:20 May 24, 2021

Thank you. Sure, will read yours!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Yuk Yuk
11:05 May 22, 2021

My thoughts while reading : Don't dance with some stranger in the bar. Don't stop when someone is chasing you. Seriously, she stopped to check out the woods - she's going to die. No shit, the key isn't there. Why did she even leave the key? They could drive off with the car and her friend. The girls were lucky. Friends like these though. So it was a nice story. Happy ending. Keep writing!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.