0 comments

Adventure

The Quest for diamond.

Jack live with his grand father after he lost his parent, in the village where they lived together, Jack was all Anderson has, they were very poor, their primary means of survival is fishing, Anderson has thought Jack major fishing skills, he was still very young when his grandfather has been taking him to the sea for fishing, he was good in all he does, he is very brave and hard-working, and already knows how to swim and do fishing normally.

 Jack grew up to become a very brave young man, as his father grew old, one day Jack was really interested in knowing his life story, how he came to existence and where he grew, and how he became only son of an old man, the question he is asking the old man Mr. Anderson was because friends from the neighborhood has insulted him that he is a bastard, this was so hard on him, so he decided to ask grandpa how his existence came about, gran pa said its been long that he has been expecting the question from him that truly he has come up to age to know his were about and his origin, but the time is far spent the story is too lengthy, go to bed, I will tell you all you want to hear tomorrow morning.

 Through out the whole night jack couldn’t sleep, he was so worried thinking when will the day light be out for him to hear his life story, finally its morning immediately when the cork crown he rush and called grand pa, gran pa said its too early, he went back to sleep again, after 30 minutes he came back again, grandpa said he should go and come back again, after one hour he came back again, and gran P was up already, he ask jack to come and sit down and the story begins.

My name is Anderson, your father’s name is Hillary, and your mother’s name is Judith, they grew up in this part of the country, their was once a great man that lived in our environs, he is a captain, he has wealth and was very honored among his counter part, every one likes him, he has a lot of servant, soldiers and wives, every one was interested to know the source of his wealth, including your father, the great man I have being talking about is Mr. stacks Johnson. Every one in the environs was so interested in knowing Mr. Johnson’s source of wealth, but every one in the environs knew he usually travel to the an island that is at the east part of the sea, they all lived backing the sea, so one day you father was ready to trace what the great man usually went to do in the eastern part of the sea, while going with his little boat your mother followed him, while I a lone was left in the village, when they went they left you with me, they where their for about five to seven days, at the end of the 8 days, your mother came back bleeding, having injury all over her body, she was almost dying, immediately I ran toward to sea and help her down, from the canoe, she couldn’t say a word, I helped her to the hut and gave him a hot water to drink and to kill the cold, while she was still lying of the floor, she gave me a map, the map was design with a blood of which I believe its her blood, along side she gave me three small stone, that is very heavy, I don’t know what it is but I will should them to you, jack asked what latter happen to my mother, the old man said immediately your mother deliver the information she died and I buried her under a tree, so the old man stood up and was walking toward a big tree, planted behind their house, when he got their, he bend down beside the tree and dig a bit and brought out a box containing some stuff inside, jack was surprises thinking what could be inside the box, the old man open the box and brought out the tree stone and the map and he gave them to jack, jack took them from him and they went back to the hut, that night old man died. And jack was left alone in the village without friend, after he was done burying the old man, the took off his bag and set oof for the city, jack has never gone out of the village before but he knew there is a ship that usually come to the village to buy farm produce once in a year, so that year he has set up his things and was waiting patiently till the period will come.

Finally the period jack has been waiting for finally came, he was so happy, quickly he sold all his belongings and he dressed up and set for the journey, all he has was his three stones, his jacket and the map, and some amount of money with him, they set off for the journey, they were to travel

L for about three days on the sea before they get to their destination, one night while he was still in the ship he brought out his stone and was playing with it, he never knew what it was, while playing with one, one of the captains official saw the stone jack was playing with, he knew what it was, he felt jack will not be able to beat him, he forcefully took the stone from jack, jack tried to take it back but the guy refused they began to fight, they fight so hard, that the captain came to the scene as asked what was wrong, then jack explained what transpired between them, so the captain asked for the stone , when he was given the stone he was so surprise because it was a diamond, immediately he took jack up and asked his boys to give him food and cloth, they bath him, and he ate aa very delicious meal, immediately the captain asked him how and where did he get the stone from, he said his father gave, the captain asked again where did your father get it from, he said his father gave him, he went further to ask where did his father get it from, he said his father gave him, when the captain realizes jack was already playing with his intelligence, he withdrew from jack and left, he took the stone from him, the captain gave him some money as well. After two days they landed and he went into the city.

 Jack secured an apartment and started living his dreamed life, he was wealthy a and handsome, from the money the captain gave him, ashe began to spend lavishly the money was exhausted, he went and brought the other diamond an sold it again, in due season he spend the cash, he brought out the last diamond and sold it, he managed himself for some month, since he is not working and he is buying drinks for friends, sleeping with women, the cash was also exhausted, he became very broke, he has nothing left to sell, so he went to the map giving to him by the grand Pa and was going through the map, he couldn’t understand anything from the map, so he got up and traced the captain that brought him to the city, when he has finally seen him, he explain the map to him, telling him the map can lead us to where that stone was gotten from, the captain was so happy thinking once they can get some diamond from the place they will remain rich forever.

 So captain took some other men and the geologist and geographer along while jack followed along, they took a lot of food and began to journey they journey for 12 days, when they get to the middle of the sea, they saw an island, the island just appeared, i.e. they never saw it from afar, from the reading of the map, it reads directly to the island they saw, so they moved close to the island, when they got to the island, they got down from their ship, and they anchored it. The captain and his boys got down from the ship, and went into the cave inside the island, when he entered he saw a lot of treasures, oh my god the treasures was much, immediately he ordered his boys to start moving those treasure from the cave out to the ship, jack try to opposed the captain that their is protocol to follow in other for them not to perish in the island, as he continues to stop them from moving the treasure to the ship, the captain was so angry and he ordered jack to be tied to the ship, while the other where still bringing treasures to the ship continuously, when the ship was fully loaded, the captain ordered his boys to set the remaining treasures ablaze, while they start setting it ablaze, the island began to sink into the sea, gradually it sinked, as it was sinking they were calling jack for help, he couldn’t help them because he was tied on the ship, they all sinked into the sea, few minute later the cave bounced back to the surface of the earth.

Jack was still tied on the ship, he couldn’t free himself, few minutes later jack fell asleep, while sleeping he felt a touch on his body, when he looked up, it was his mum, seeing her, he recognized her, even for the fact that he has not seen her before, he hug her and kissed her, her mum set him loose, and ask him to go that her spirit will protect him throughout his journey on sea.

 When jack wake up from his dream he realizes that he was free, immediately he got into the ship, and left, he journey for some days of the sea before he got to the city, sold his treasures and became very wealthy, the villager made him their king and he got married to a beautiful damsel.

November 13, 2020 08:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.