My story is entitled Within the Bowels of the Earth laid a vast land which Professor Somebody mentioned It's mine and you can't have it.

Written in response to: Write about a dragon who doesn’t know what to do with their hoard anymore. ... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled Within the Bowels of the Earth laid a vast land which Professor Somebody mentioned It's mine and you can't have it.


Once upon a time,there lived a Professor by name Mr. Somebody who makes a journey to explore the inside of the earth and then travels right to the centre which was now known to be impossible.

The explorers and the Professor went through some sort of terrible storm while sailing in the ship across the large sea.

Aftermath of this event their ship got destroyed on the rocky shore of the beach.


Again what happened when the ship struck the rocks it was very terrible as noticed by Professor Somebody.

The strong arm of Hans Smith saved him,who happens to be a life saver of some sort.

Also the brave life saver and an Icelander actually carried Professor Somebody to a hot sandy beach where he found himself side by side with his son.

Then Professor Somebody later returned to the rocks against which the angry sea was flowing in order to try and save others of what he observed and found about the ship wreck.


As noted Professor Somebody became dumbfounded and he could hardly speak by opening his mouth.

Professor Somebody was really scared by then that was what made him dumbfounded.

The Professor Mr. Somebody was easily worn out with some sort of excitement and fatigue and it took him about a full hour to then recover.

It was observed that the rain fell in torrents.

The rocks piled on top of each other that gave us a shelter.

The Professors wife, Lady Small prepared sumptuous meals which nobody was allowed to touch.

As according to the Professor when it comes to food time ,no friends.

Most of us who were crew on the ship were exhausted by three sleepless nights that we almost felt instantly asleep.


During the next day ,the weather became beautiful. Almost all traces of the storm had actually disappeared at that moment.

I noted that the cheerful voice of the Professor greeted me by waking me up from bed.

The next day ,the Professor cried out loud, "Have you slept well." , He asked.

Very well said Professor Somebody.

You seem to be very cheerful this morning Uncle Brempong mentioned.


Almost delighted my boy. Delighted we have arrived. Again at the end of our expedition we both went on a safe journey.

Also at the end of the interminable sea the Professor and his crew continued their land journey and then penetrated into the Bowels of the earth.

Professor Somebody whom others called Columbus found a vast land and named it America.

He mentioned that "This vast land is mine and you can't have it."

Also due to this it was always mentioned in historical records that it was Columbus who discovered America ,a land of opportunities and plenty.

Mr. Brown asked his Uncle a question during their journey. He asked that How shall we get back to that moment.?

Getting back we all thought about it.

His Uncle answered getting back will be another issue all together.

Again his Uncle mentioned that You are thinking of getting back before we even arrived.


Absolute No,I actually wanted to know how we are going to do it entirely.

The simplest thing in the World that really happened.

Also the young Professor once arrived at the center of the earth , where he found another vast land and named it Colombia ,he commented again that "This land is mine and You can't have it, because it was only the Professor who had the Land title by then.

Although their ship got spoilt and damaged they exercised patience in repairing their ship once again, before it was ready to begin sailing on the sea.

There was very little food left, the Professors wife Lady Small then commented.

She then added that there was not enough food to feed an entire crew during their journey.

Yes indeed , we all realised that Lady Small the Professors wife was a clever fellow and a cook due to the fact of how she uses beans and fish in feeding quiet a number of the crew on the Ship including Professor Somebody himself.

Most of the crew and the Professor owed Lady Small a debt of gratitude for providing them with all sorts of sumptuous meals on the ship ,whiles the food was not enough by then.


Also Lady Small the Professors wife,was not only a cook in the ship ,she was the Head of Cargo Handling in the ship,who often helps the Cargo handlers in keeping the luggage of the crew and other people safe before they reached their own destinations.

The ship finally reached the shore the sea where we all saw Lady Small in the midst of a number of neatly arranged objects in the ship ,ordering for a clean-up activity.

The Professor, Professor Somebody with his wonderful devotion and hard work had worked immensely while the crew on the ship had slept and had saved the precious and valuable things at his own risk and life.

Again not that we had no serious losses but after all we could manage it.


What happened to the instrument in the ship.? asked Professor Somebody.

The staff of the ship handed over the manometer to the Professor, Professor Somebody. The manometer was noted as the most useful of all instruments.

It was mentioned that with the instrument the manometer ,you could possibly calculate the depth of the earth and know where we have reached at the center of the earth.


Again without the manometer the Professor, Professor Somebody mentioned that the ship could possibly run the risk of going too far and coming out at the Antipodes.

The Professor, Professor Somebody was given the honours ,Awards and other laurels by both the King and Queen of Britain for bringing his passengers back to their destination safely and also for discovering two lands both America and Columbia.


Finally, Professor Somebody also known as Columbus became very rich after his discovery of the two lands , America and Colombia. Professor Somebody that was the name the inhabitants of that land often called him because they didn't know his real name. The Professor , Professor Somebody mentioned that his new found land America will be divided into various States and will always remain as a land of opportunities in the World.


Aftermath of this event, Professor Somebody was given the title to land to both America and Colombia albeit that he was the first sailor to discover the land and he bought it.

Others had wanted to buy the land from him and also to assassinate him because they were jealous of him.


In conclusion it was at that moment that governors from various countries came to him wishing to buy land from him, promising him millions of dollars ,cars and Aeroplane but he refused because he was a wealthy sailor.

The Professor often commented in answering them that ,The vast land ,"It's mine and You can't have it upon all the promised wealth to be given out.

Lastly Professor Somebody answered that this land belongs to his children and grand children in the near future.



February 13, 2023 08:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.