Only a Victimized Soul Begs a Vow of Death

Submitted into Contest #75 in response to: Start your story with one character making a vow that they never would have made the year before.... view prompt

0 comments

Inspirational LGBTQ+ Transgender

"I swear, in front of the holy sinful fires and my lifelong bullies that we shall not drink water until-"

"You moron!! I ain't dying for this. Shut up and say something else."

"..."

"Why on earth have you shut your blabbering all of a sudden?"

"..."

"You idiot!!!! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING!!"

"mmmmm..."

"Talk otherwise right now I'll throw you into this fire."

"They walked across the stale gray day, lights flashing in their eyes, noise blaring in their ears-"

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SAYING?!!!!"

"You only said to 'shut up and say something else' and that's what I did."

"YOU BLOODY MORON!!!! I SAID, TELL ANOTHER MORE EASIER SACRIFICE!!! DID IT GO IN THAT BRAIN OF YOURS?!!!"

"Y-yeah. I swear once again to the holy sinful fires and my lifelong bully that we shall not... believe the truth of this world until we've.... killed them."

"Easy enough! Alright let's get out of here now. We have an entire year, should be enough to reach death."

"Confusion storming over their bones, dirty blindness flooding their eyes."

"Never ending fights, fights that hovered over the bare skies like low lying stormy clouds. Days spent trying to chase them away, moments of trapped joy fluttered out of reach, scared by the darkness that was about to unfold. Unfold under their heart, under their soul. And fly away, taking them to heights unknown to those by life's side. Prophecy you shall may call it, but I don't own an assuring hand for I do not hold any hope but rather beg, for it may come true."

"Don't scream too much. Now go, remember the vow."

"Yeah..."

"HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT ME IN THE EYE YOU B*TCH!!!!" the floor boards creaked and the carpets reeked of dying anger.

"I- I'm s- sorry..."

"I'M AN EVIL WITCH TO YOU NOW HUH!!! YOU-"

The night blazed on, the dark nights refusing to shine their twinkling stars, fearing spreading light on the near dark sight. Owls hooted far in the snow capped woods of the January snow, far behind the safety of the trees, far from that night.

"Good! The first step is completed!!"

The night saw the light of day, a screeching creak of the door invited an embracing array of light, of... hope?

"Don't look up, don't get angry, don't stand up. Act weak, be weak. Now go, remember the vow."

"Oh hey ugly face, what you on there today? Oh... makeup? Too bad, you can't hide that pathetic face. Hahaha!!!!"

Their feet landed forward, a desire of desperate escape running fast through their veins.

"Oh what's the hurry? Let's have a snack maybe, talk it out you know. Speaking of snacks, gimme that."

They felt the strap of their lunch tear off as a sharp pain chased after a huge gash on their neck, the mild rays of March, breaking through the window across.

"Haha loser!"

Silence had lost its dignity. Look where it lay, amidst the sea of mockery. It just watched, like everyone else from the backseat.

"Great job! We're a step closer!!"

"How dare you!!!" screamed a voice of safety, of... hope?

The walls were stained with the smell of alcohol, a mad desire in his eyes.

"Don't fight it. Now go, remember the vow."

"You look beautiful tonight. Come here."

They heard the buckle of his belt, his arms pulling them towards him as uncomfortable shivers of misery ran through their entire body.

Warm blood oozed down their legs as helpless tears traced down their lifeless eyes.

Tick, tick, tick. The clock ticked on, seemingly ignoring the sight. Yet what could it do but provide moments of sound to accompany the silence? The June nights cried in pity, gray clouds covering the misery.

"Perfect!!! We're getting closer!"

"SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER YOU B*ASTARD!!!" screeched a voice of needed security, an unheard empathy, of... hope?

"Don't hesitate and hide them. Now go, remember the vow."

The dull array of the September winds refrained a visit. And the dark nights, prevailed pity. The mirror glared their piteous gesture.

The blade hovered in mid air, glimmering a menacing shine. Red blood dripped down their arm, was this the last step?

Those tiring nights, witnessed every moment of their horror, yet they did nothing. Just threw their hopeless darkness over them. Did they leave their verdict, declared them guilty? For what?

"Wonderful!!! Just one last step."

"Wait- you're worth it." said a voice with a robbed compassion, of... hope?

"Did my begs of death be answered, yes... would be the simple answer. The constant chase shall now come to an end, I don't need to send set my worry loose off for those clouds for I shall never have to face them again. Joy? Sounds funny to me no and the darkness which I prophesied to unfold, well... it already had, on the new year's day of January 1st. I shall now finally reach those heights, the heights by death's side. I shall now forever rest comfortably in death's arms. To the nights who stayed by me and the winds and the silence that stood next to me, thank you for you were my only companion. My lifelong bully, myself. You've finally freed me from your own chains. Freed me from my own self. I thank you for everything.

My final message to life's companions? I had dreams. Many dreams. To make everyone smile, to have a happy family, to fly across the moon, to live in a world where people like me could get accepted. Only because I felt trapped in my body, I was thrown out of every realm of life. Only because I didn't feel like I belonged in my gender, I was kicked out of people's care. So, to whoever that declares themselves on the side of life, listen loud and clear. Treat Every Soul Alike.

My Final Wish? One day to live in a world where I could finally adopt the name of my dreams without hate, without stares. One day be called..."

"Ayden!!!!! Wait!! NO!!!!!" her eyes shimmered with the fire's golden flames, erupting into furious fires.

Pain seemed nonexistent to him, as he fell to the floor, a smile spread across his face.

"I kept my vow, hope is existent, a truth I didn't believe until my death."

"31st of December, 2021. Today we all are here to renaissance over a person whose family left him stranded on the road when they came out as different, a person who was thrown out of society just because they decided to fight back. A victim to society's opinion. To all of you gathered today, his life flipped within just a year, a vow that he never would have taken if it hadn't been for his judgmental family and the people around him. On this New Year's Eve, I beg, treat every soul alike for only a victimized soul begs a vow of death.

January 06, 2021 21:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.