7 comments

Bedtime Creative Nonfiction Fantasy

 ‘Love Never Dies ‘

“I will surely find them”, I resolved to myself because Miss Suman has instructed strictly that tomorrow is the last date for project submission. When she says she means it and would never forgive anyone. I usually finish my work on the very day it is assigned but this time my favorite team has reached FIFA Finals for the first time so how could I miss this. The project was almost finish but was waiting for the designs that mummy was supposed to give me. My sweet mother is a fabulous fashion designer so she promised to give her designs for project to make it more exquisite but unfortunately she had misplaced. That is why I resolved to search them. She is a busy entrepreneur, leaves home for office on my arrival from school and comes back late nights. In her absence my caretaker cum best friend- Mrs. Anna gives her immense affection. She use to narrate her anecdotes , some fun facts and many more, in short she is a live encyclopedia for me.

After reaching home I asked mummy for the designs “Oh! Dear ,” she replied, “I am a bit busy can you please check in my wooden cupboard.” “Yes, certainly.” I ran to cupboard and searched well but was unsuccessful. I was about to close the cupboard but suddenly something pulled me towards the cupboard. I realized that my locket was twisted around the button of mom’ s one coat which was hanging, I carefully untangled it but my eyes fell on a shiny substance I pulled it out and saw, it was a portrait of a young handsome man framed in gold and silver work on it. “Bye sweetie, take care, see you soon, luva lova” mummy said. I opened my mouth for asking who is this person. Some other photographs and album fascinated me so much that I just replied, “Bye mummy, luva lova.” Luva lova is just a phrase used by mummy and me to signify love and neither me nor she knows whether it is meaningful or not. I pulled all the stuff out and started admiring the photos. In most of the photos the man ( which was in frame) was with mom. I thought he might be any relative but one pic of that man, mom, one boy and me amazed me because mummy never mentioned about any brother, till my knowledge I have only two cousin sisters. This totally perplexed me. I ran my hands through face and neck and felt that locket was no more in my neck. I found it under the bed and the pendant was into halves, on one side mummy’s and on other the man’s photo was there this added to my astonishment. With all the evidences, I rushed towards Anna ,she was cleaning the dishes,I shown her the frame and asked about the frame, photos and my locket. She saw surprisingly, again continued her chore and ignored me. I pleaded, “Please tell, Amma.” “Who is he? I have never seen him. Is he your new teacher?” she replied. I knew she was hiding something. “Amma, Amma I know you him please tell na” I requested again and again. She is bad at digesting secrets. “He is your father” she cried “the boy is your real elder brother Karna Santu.” “Oh! Papa. I have never seen his photograph. May God bless him RI......”. “No he is alive. Never say this again.” she interrupted. “But mummy told he met with an acc.......” “No..no.. it was a legal divorce of two love birds.”she exclaimed.

“Please tell the whole incident amma”

She narrated,“ Mrs. Santu and Mr. Santu studied in same college and were known as love birds. Their were leading a very peaceful and lovely life after marriage but one day, you were probably one or two years, Mrs. Santu was driving the car with your aunt. They used to have very bitter fights in home and everyone knew that their relation was not good. That day they met with an accident and unfortunately your aunt was badly injured, lying at the boundary of life and death. Mrs. Santu was also injured but not that deeply by God’s sake. When your aunt came in consciousness she irrelevantly claimed that your mother tried to kill her. Being the most loved everyone agreed without giving a second thought. They decided to push Mrs. Santu out from home.” “No mum can not do this even in her worst situation she can’t." I cried, “What about papa he did not raise his voice?” “ he also had unbreakable believe on your mother but not had any strong evidence against a live witness.” We both were in tears on this heartbreaking separation. “Oh!” I sighed “ I have a real brother too his name Karan Santu. Hmmm...I have heard this name before. Where?.....Yes, in the school assembly. Amma he is our school’s Head boy I should talk to him.” She promised not to tell mummy anything. In all this I forgot about the project. Next day in school prayer I was just praying two things: one Head boy must be present and Miss Suman should be on leave or else I have to stand outside the class. By God’s grace both were fulfilled Miss Suman was on leave for a week. In recess I ran to XII-D to meet my brother.

"Hello . Do you know her?” I asked him hesitantly showing mother’s photo in pendant.

He said “Yes, of course, from where you got it?”

" I am Kanu Santu,” I replied.

By listening my name he broke out in tears and hugged me tightly. “I was six when I last saw you.” he exclaimed. We discussed the whole matter and I asked some question about papa also.

“My dear, what’s going on your mind? Spit it out fast.” He said. “Well, Papa is physician in Rajeev Nagar, na."

“Yes”

“Tomorrow I will be there with mummy be ready in clinic about 3 pm. Bye..”

The next day was Sunday means holiday for mom. So I requested her to take me to Rajeev park just for enjoyment. The park was just opposite to papa’s clinic. When there was no patient in clinic. I pretended that my stomach was paining bitterly. She searched and saw papa’s clinic she did not remember this clinic so went for a check-up. As we entered in the clinic mummy saw papa. I dragged her to papa. Both of them were nostalgic and crying. I hugged papa. “I am Kanu” I could not say anything and just kissed him. Mummy was quiet so I thought I have made it...but mom pulled me out from papa’s arm.

“ Do not be smart and stay away from my child” she yelled.

We were suppose to leave then bhaiya came and hugged mummy. I thought she will stop now but she freed herself and moved forward. “No mummy No please understand.....”I cried. We sat in car and marched towards home since afternoon mother closed her room and was bitterly crying. I realizsed this was not a good idea. Instantly an another idea crept in my head but this was risky and the final chance to reunite parents. I rushed towards landline called Karan bhaiya.

“Hello, how is father is he well. Here mummy is bitterly crying.”

“Papa, also cried and now disappointed. What’s next?”

“An idea to reunite, them but should be careful this time. You write an apology letter on behalf of papa to mummy requesting her to meet in Love is Growing Café at 6pm and here I will write on behalf of mom. I believe that they still love each other and need some time to spent lonely”

“Okay, Done”

We did as decided when papa’s post came nor me neither Amma went to receive the post so mummy went to receive but she tore into pieces. I was observing all this from the side of wall. I ran to her and said, “Please one try for me. Please.” As always she accepted and went to café. After this, Amma and I reached to café through auto rickshaw. We were not able to hear anything but it seemed like a healthy conversation. Finally we won the day!! We all had a happy family hug.

"Naughty boy, from you came to know about all this?"

Before I could say anything Amma came and smiled. Mummy understood that she has told me. then i also realized that i had not opened the wooden rather opened the iron Amirah- which was not allowed. Thank God!!!

This day brings us to present day of all love and affection.

-By Bodhini Jain

February 19, 2021 18:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

15:15 Feb 25, 2021

I really liked the phrase "Luva lova is just a phrase used by mummy and me to signify love and neither me nor she knows whether it is meaningful or not". I liked that little detail and thought that it added a nice depth to the characters. :)

Reply

Bodhini Jain
17:12 Feb 25, 2021

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nehamm Jain
01:48 Feb 25, 2021

Fantastic bodhini great work

Reply

Bodhini Jain
15:00 Feb 25, 2021

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Vidhya Gram
09:08 Feb 24, 2021

Good going..

Reply

Bodhini Jain
15:00 Feb 25, 2021

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rajul Jain
09:58 Mar 03, 2021

Beautiful story....👌 keep it up !!😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.