0 comments

Fantasy Historical Fiction Thriller

Cricket Smockren

Monday

December 7th

1941

It has been a while since i have written on you. Two years to be exact. I wrote a goal in fact, To reach out. My Nana told me this I still don't understand it. Like come on Nana send me a message or something! To reach out to people? Maybe a certain someone? Ill never be sure. Dad said we have to go to Berlin but from all the newspapers I've stolen im reading the Nazi's are setting up there!

I asked mom why we would have to go but she would not tell me nor would dad and yet i still want an answer. they were always leaving only because they are not Jewish i am, they're also not my real parents, see they were my Nanas friends but its kind of weird cause they were quite young to be such close friends to an old lady. usually i just call them ma and pa they have taken care of me since i was seven years old and its been 10 years since then. It sucks to not be able to go outside. Well i should get going for today ill come back and write on you tomorrow so we can be best of friends again.

April 28, 2010

"What is Biology? No one knows?" The teacher tapped my desk it startled and woke me right up. "May I guess? I didnt know what i was about to guess but im guessing about guessing so the teacher doesnt know im not paying attention. "I suppose but im not sure if you will be spot on if you keep writing that dumb little book of yours." The teacher said in a mean way. "well, Biology is the study of life, the study of living things that you can see and living things you cannot see. For example does anyone know one living thing that moves?" I started to teach the class the teacher was not very happy but he let me proceed. Sabrina raised her hand, "Well wouldnt bacteria be one?" she questioned. "your absolutely right thats exactly what kind of questions well be getting on the test so listen closely to Mr. Azul! Anyways ive got to go catch a ride im out of here!" I left in a hurry while the teacher was yelling. "Get back here before i have to let the principle call your parents!" "Sorry i dont got any!" i shouted back with a grin on my face. I hopped on the bus to begin my writing again.

December 9th 1941

We have now started our trip to Berlin and i gotta say i dont like it at all! i have been eating crumbs of bread everyday with a tiny bit of water or milk. we left two days ago and they think well be there soon if we continue to steal military cars. this really scares me cause we could get caught and sent to one of those horrible camps they send other fellow jews to i sure wouldnt want to be there.

April 28th 2010

"Hey kid its your stop get off" the driver shouted through the speaker. "Yeah yeah alright old man." I yapped back. Dont even get me started with this place i love it! This place is my home ill never ever leave This big ol' park with all the slides and monkey bars and those little tubes are the best to sleep in. Cops dont like it but who cares they dont pay any attention to me anyways. ill just have to go over to the meat shop steal a slice of steak put over a fire underneath the fridge and im good for the day. I dont really find a point in school i just go there to make people laugh and happy so that im happy too. Reach out.

March 24th 1942

its been a month since i have had a pencil to write on you dear journal. I missed you much but there is something i must share with you. The American army is coming to save us! We never made it to Berlin but instead were across the water from Sweden, i heard they were bringing big boats to come save us.

March 29th 1942

Today is the day they save us my ma and pa are all packed up to go and so am i we got to the dock and went to the boarding station as they let the us in i got up there and i said "wow ma this must be a dream" but she was behind me waving good bye shouting at me and screaming crying all over pa.

April 14th 2010

"Wake up kid, psst wake up!" A man in a suit said. "We found your parents kid!" He yelled. "We found em, We found em there back! Arent ya excited?" everything was just so dizzy for me i looked down and there a needle was in my leg. this old man gave me something and i dont like it. "oh you see that little lad? that is nothin like a flu shot kid!" he laughed and walked off. "Hey come back here!" i yelled at him "what little man?" i blunted his face with a stone he yelled out a loud scream. He pulled out a knife blood dripping from his fore head i couldnt feel a thing or barely move i just watched him slowly slide the knife into my gut it kind of tickled and he Ran as fast as he could when he heard the sirens.

The Ambulance took me everything was so blurry and i kept on getting so tired the last thing i remember seeing were my parents.

and a kid about 17 years old wearing very old clothes "reach out" he kept on saying. "Reach out and you will find what you are looking for"

July 17th 2015

i woke up in a hospital bed and there were my parents.

"Hes waking up! Hes waking up!"

September 29, 2020 03:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.