3 comments

Friendship Fiction Adventure

Dear Diary,

I had just gotten to school when I heard Maria the meanie. She was talking to a 3rd grade girl named Jessie.

“Give me your lunch money.” Maria demanded.

“But… but why?” Jessie stammered.

That was a mistake.

“Why!” Maria said, outraged. “Why!” Because I said so!”

Maria pushed Jessie onto the ground. Jessie started crying. Since my little sister is bffs with Jessie I decided to do what’s right. I walked over to Jessie.

“Are you alright?” I asked her.

She nodded weakly. I stood to face Maria. 

“Go away.” I said.

“And how are you going to make me?” Maria asked.

“By doing this. Mr. Span!” I called. By the way, Mr. Span is our principle. He always gets Maria in trouble when he can catch her being mean but most of the time he can’t catch her. Anyways he came running. Once he saw Jessie he turned on Maria.

“Maria!” He snapped. “Detention for a week.”

“No!” She yelled.

“And why is that?” Mr. Span asked.

“Because I said so!” Maria yelled.

“Well I don’t care what you say. Detention and count on a conference with your parents.”

Maria rolled her eyes and stalked away. After that Mr. Span walked away but not before telling me and Jessie that if we ever saw Maria being mean again we just had to call for him. I nodded. I went off to my first class, History. When I got there I sat down at my desk. Then my teacher walked inside.

“Alright everyone, we are going to take a test today.” My teacher said.

“Ugg a test. No I’m not going to take it.” Maria said. Oh did I forget to mention that Maria is in my history class. So this is how it went.

“Yes you are Maria.”

“No I’m not.”

“Why?”

“Because I said so.”

“Maria I don’t care what you say you are going to take the test and you are also having detention.”

“No, I’m not going to have detention and you can’t give it to me!” Maria yelled.

“Why?”My teacher yelled.

“Because I said so!!!” Maria said.

“Alright Maria you are still getting detention and I’m calling your parents.”My teacher said. “Now everyone else, here are your tests. Get going.”

After school I went home. For some reason I was feeling mean so when my mom told me to unload the dishwasher I said

“No.”

“Why?” My mom asked.

“Because I said so.” I said.

“Where is this attitude coming from?” My mom demanded.

“You don’t deserve to know!” I yelled. Then I stalked upstairs.

I slammed my bedroom door shut. My mom was right. Where was this attitude coming from? I didn’t understand. Then I realized. It was Maria. Some of her attitude must have been rubbing off on me. I sighed as I grabbed my phone from my desk. My mom doesn’t let me take it to school so I can only use it when I get home. I turned it on and began texting my friends Eloise and Chloe. Then my mom starting calling me

“Sarah! You come down here right now!”

“ No!” I yelled back.

“Don’t say that to me, come down!” She yelled.

“NO!” I called.

“WHY?”She called up to me.

“Because I said so!”I yelled.

“Well I don’t care what you say come down here.”

“NO!”

After that I drowned her yelling out and continued to text on my phone. All too soon it was diner time and after dinner I was sent straight to bed.

The next morning when I got to school I saw Maria being mean to another kid again. I didn’t know who the kid was but instead of helping the kid I went over to Maria and started being mean to the kid too. Maria had wanted the kids lunch money but he had held strong and had not given it to her. So I said

“Give us your lunch money.”

“Why?” The kid asked.

I looked at Maria and she nodded. Then we both yelled 

“Because I said so!”

After that outburst the kid handed us his lunch money and ran away. Then I asked to talk to Maria.

“Hey.” I said. “ I know what I did yesterday wasn’t cool but I’m sorry. I’m going to be mean from now on and I would love it if you could give me some tips. Hey we could be partners in being mean!”

“That’s ok. I would love to give you some tips. Your right we would make a pretty good team in being mean.” Maria said.

“So that means we’re a team?” I asked.

“Yeah! It does.” Maria said.

“Great! Just a quick question.” I said.

“Yeah?” Maria said.

“What is your phone number?” I asked

“Oh it’s 765-412-7650.” Maria said.

“Thanks I’ll text you when I get home,” I said.

“Why not now?” Maria wondered.

“I can’t now because I don’t have my phone because my mom doesn’t let me bring it to school.” I explained.

“Ok well I need to tell you something. If you really want to be mean you can’t follow rules. Bring your phone to school anyways, your mom can’t tell you what to do.”

“Your right. I will bring my phone to school tomorrow!”

“Great. Well right now we should probably get to class. We have the same history class right?”

“Yeah.”

“Great let's walk there together.”

“Ok!”

So yeah. We walked there together talking all the way. She told me all about the best ways to be mean. Who knew being mean was so interesting. When we finally got to class we sat down at our desks. When our teacher came in I walked up to her

“Can I sit at the desk next to my friend Maria?”

“No.” My teacher said. “Now go sit back down.”

“You will let me sit with Maria.” I said staying where I was, my feet planted in front of her desk.

“Why?” She asked

“Because I said so!” I yelled.



May 19, 2021 02:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Charlie Murphy
19:33 May 26, 2021

I like your story! About how old are the kids? And I just now realized your story reminds me of the cartoon, Rugrats!

Reply

Show 0 replies
17:55 May 19, 2021

I thought this was a great story, but I do have a few suggestions. First, at the start of your story, you made it sound like it was going to be a diary entry since you used the words, "Dear Diary,". But I noticed that throughout the book, it didn't really feel like a diary. It felt like a story. Last, I think that if it was a diary entry, it should've been more than one entry because it was over the course of a few days. I also submitted a story in a similar prompt, and I would love it if you gave me some feedback!

Reply

Caroline Fonteno
18:08 May 19, 2021

Okay thanks. I would love to give you feedback!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.