0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Suspense Thriller

It was two days before the biggest holiday at the infamous company. The team at the Allis Company came all together to meet up at the sixth floor to discuss what they should do this year. Everyone was there, except Mr. Sams. He was the owner of the company, but he was far too strict. He loathed April Fools’ more than anyone. That didn't stop the huge company from creating the biggest prank of the year that will soon be on every social media platform. Little did the company know things will go down fall from there.

"Let's burn this place for the prank!" said one

employee.

"No, no let's junk this whole place with food!" said

another employee.

"Silence everyone!" yelled Mr. Sams secretary, Ms. Amy.

Everyone silenced at her voice. No one wanted her there, but she

knew about the pranks every year. The employees missed the last secretary, Mallie Mill. She was quirky, fun, and created the

best pranks, but Mr. Sams fired her because he got bored.

"How about we mess up this whole building, and I know what

you all are thinking, Ms. Amy we already did that, so we are going

to put a spin to that," she paused for water, "we are going to put

up embarrassing pictures of Mr. Sams all over the office."

Everyone silenced for a while because they knew that if they

would criticize Ms. Amy’s ideas, she would fire them.

"Damn it everyone, don't be afraid speak up!" Ms. Amy said furiously.

"That's a horrible idea, we've done something like that a

couple years ago," an employee named Jack said.

"Yeah Jack's right we need something that no one will

forget that is so lame, plus Mr. Sams doesn't even have any embarrassing pictures!" an employee said.

Everyone started talking about how Ms. Amy’s idea was horrible.

They weren't wrong, that idea is so simple, and Mr. Sams has

only one face he does all day, which employees call the grumpy face. Every year it was harder to make up an idea, which sounds a bit intriguing. The company’s building is ginormous and has seventy floors, but only half the floors get used. They could practically do anything, right?

"Ok, ok I get it the idea is basic and not that fun, but I

have to let you guys trust me, I have embarrassing pictures of Mr.

Sams," Ms. Amy said.

No one listened to her and they kept on jabbing on how that was

a horrible idea. Ms. Amy on the other hand was furious with

this.

"Next person who speaks gets fired, and I mean it!" Ms. Amy gasped for air, "we will be doing my idea no questions."

She exited the large room.

"Let her burn in hell," a quiet employee muttered.

"Her ideas are the worst. Now we have to trash the whole a** building that is like what, five hundred feet tall," Jack held up five fingers and rounded his fingers to make a zero, "she's insane!"

After a long time of trash talking, everyone exited the insanely

huge dark grey colored room. Everyone went home wondering how

they are going to impress the world with this prank. For Ms. Amy on the other hand, she was far too excited and was too eager to start this prank. In fact, she was too eager, she called Mr. Sams.

"Hello Sams," Ms. Amy said in a seductive voice.

"What do you want Martha I have to finish this paperwork for some guy in Tokyo," said Mr. Sams in an annoyed voice.

"You better start talking nice to me or I might reconsider

the Bahamas next weekend."

"Oh, you can reconsider all right. My wife will be more than

happy to accompany me."

"That gold-digging b*tch," Ms. Amy muttered.

"Don't call her that," Mr. Sams gritted his teeth.

"Hmmmm what are you going to do, fire me!" Ms. Amy laughed evilly.

Ms. Amy cleared her throat, "So when are you going to show me out in public?"

"I told you the other day, I'm working on that," Mr. Sams said in a slight tone of fear, something he barley shows.

"You're taking too long, hurry up or I’ll ruin you."

Mr. Sams ended the call.

The next morning, barley anyone was awake. Ms. Amy sent an email

last night to tell everyone to be there by five which was far too early for most employees. She also told everyone to meet her at the same boring room from yesterday.

"It's so early I forgot why we are even here," one tired employee said sarcastically and some people in the room chuckled.

For Ms. Amy, she was not tired at all. In fact, she spent all night preparing for today to start the prank. She had the most important thing for the prank with her. The pictures. She treated those pictures like they were her baby, her prized position, the only thing that she valued. But why? What do these pictures have in store for her?

"I know everyone is tired, but it is very important we set

up these floors perfectly and that is why I split everyone in

groups and decided who and what you all do on each floor." Ms. Amy said cheerfully.

"Yay, great, so excited to see this amazing plan of yours," someone said annoyed and brave.

Ms. Amy ignored that person, she was far too busy and excited to

care for the sarcasm in their voice.

"Ella, Tom, Riley, and Dale you four go to floor numero uno

and dump the place, oh and don't forget the silly string, here...,"

Ms. Amy said and continued to tell everyone where they should go and do.

"This is going perfectly so far," Ms. Amy said once she was alone in her room.

She let out one of those evil laughs she did when she was being

sneaky. Her plan was going perfectly, way too well. The

employees on the twenty floors didn't know that she has been planning this for months. They also didn't know they were being used as bait. Ms. Amy was thrilled and called Mr. Sams wife, Noor.

"Ahhhh hello Noor, long time no speak," Ms. Amy said confidently.

"What the hell do you want Martha, I have a party to go to make this quick," Mr. Sams wife, Noor said.

"No hello? I missed you, you know and while you're at it say hi to Mathew for me."

"You are going to make me a murderer Martha, just tell me

what the hell you want so I don't have to hear your god-awful

voice."

"Don't worry Noor, this will probably be the last call you will ever have with me before you go psycho on me, so take care, send all my love to Mathew."

"You bi-."

Ms. Amy ended the call satisfied with herself.

Ms. Amy’s office phone rang.

"Hello Ms. Amy, a guest by the name Andrew Garcia is here for you, he says it's urgent," Ms. Amy's secretary said.

"Let him come to me, I'm in my office."

Ms. Amy's door knocked.

"Come in!"

"Martha Amy looking good, looking good," a tall handsome man with dark colored hair and dark eyes named Andrew Garcia said.

"Oh, stop it Garcia you know I can never leave the house looking like someone like Noor."

"You are too much, and I love it."

Andrew Garcia grabbed Ms. Amy by the wrist with his enormous

hand and pulled her up for a long kiss. Andrew pulled back and licked his dark pink lips.

"Strawberry chapstick?"

"Your favoriteeee," Ms. Amy said happily.

"I would love to investigate the many amazing tastes of you

Martha Amy, but we need to get to business, shall we?"

"Of course, Andrew," Ms. Amy pouted.

Andrew put down his huge black bag on Ms. Amy’s desk and grabbed a record player and recordings out.

"Ahhh Andrew you are so old fashioned for a man that is

only forty-six."

Andrew chuckled.

He looked younger than forty-six. He had a tired face, but his many beautiful features made him at most thirty-five. Some might say he had procedures done to his face, but it was just his natural features. Andrew paused before he put the recording in the record

player.

"Are you positive you should do this Martha, people around the world will see the infamous Allis Company turn into the worst possible mess."

"Andrew we've gone over this, I'm positive and remember our

deal?" Ms. Amy looked at Andrew's lips and licked hers.

Andrew let out a sigh and placed the recording into the

record player.

After thirty minutes, Ms. Amy and Andrew Garcia finished hearing

the recordings and discussing which ones are worth keeping and which ones are not worth keeping.

"For doing a great job, I think you deserve a real treat," Ms. Amy said sneakily.

"Look Martha, the only thing I really want is my cash," Andrew said in a rough and annoyed voice.

"Fine, fine let us keep this professional but my offer is still up," Ms. Amy pulled down her sleeve.

"Have a nice day Martha," Andrew Garcia said anxiously and left her room and exited the office.

The building was busy, and Ms. Amy was preparing all day for the

grand plan. Every floor took hours to complete and the employees

had to get it perfect for live television. Some floors were bigger than others, but they all had that boring mood to it with the bland beige floors and dark grey walls. The interior of the Allis Company looked like an awful mess after the employees trashed it. Some might think a five-year-old runned the company.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am proud of all of you," Ms. Amy said looking around the huge mess in the first floor.

Everyone on the floor rolled their eyes.

"Well, there are some things I need to go over now."

First, be here by six and I am expecting all of you. Second don't do anything embarrassing on live television, and you all might hate

me but I need you guys to act like you like me. Third, don't mess anything up. Fourth, don't talk unless me or Mr. Sams allows you to. Lastly and most importantly, have fun."

"Does that mean we have a day off tomorrow," a hopeful employee asked.

"Absolutely not, after the LA television crew leave, I expect you all to clean your office and return to work. The janitors will clean

up this horrid mess."

You are all dismissed, thank you for helping."

After everyone left, Ms. Amy called Andrew Garcia.

"Helllooooo Andrew," Ms. Amy said cheerfully.

"Hola Martha, is there anything you need?" Andrew Garcia knew exactly what she needed.

"I need you to come to the office, I'm preparing."

Andrew sighed, "Ok then, I'm coming, but I can't stay there for long I have to finish this important project."

"Oh don't you worry, it'll be quicker than a hiccup."

Andrew ended the call and hurried to the office building. He didn't want to be a part of this mischievous plan that Ms. Amy has prepared for months. Ever since his own company decreased in stocks and he lost money, he had no choice other than to agree to the offering that Ms. Amy explained to him. If he helped her with the alarming plan, she would help him bring his company back on the market. Andrew Garcia hated drama or ruining a big image on

a company which is something he had to face years ago. Andrew used the key Ms. Amy gave him for the office and opened the door. He went to the elevator and started going up to Ms. Amy's office.

Knock, knock.

Ms. Amy jumped out of her chair and walked to the door with her

slender legs.

"Andrew Garcia! Aw rub that smug look off your face your

money is coming soon," Ms. Amy said sneakily.

"Let's just get this over with, shall we?"

Ms. Amy sighed and flipped her long blonde extensions out of her

skinny pale face. She knew that many people didn't like her, but

she hoped that Andrew Garcia would at least show some appreciation for her. She wanted to be loved and cared for, but that was something she never showed so she turned into what many people like to call her as an “evil witch”.

Ms. Amy pulled out the recordings and papers. Andrew and Ms. Amy got to work by hanging up the pictures on the dark grey walls on the first, second, and third floors, placing a thick white paper on top. The idea was to remove those thick white papers once the cameras started rolling. Andrew Garcia placed the recording around the same floors. The idea for the recordings was to play them using a recording Ms. Amy would use. The plan was mischievous and rude, but Ms. Amy knew what would come out of it, a load some of money and a new name. After an hour of setting up, they met on the bottom floor.

"This is just... perfect," Ms. Amy said happily.

"Yeah I need to go now I'm expecting my money soon," Andrew Garcia said aggravated.

"Stop being tense Garcia, you're going to come on the top because of me," Ms. Amy put her small hands on his chest.

"Martha please, I have a wife and kids."

"That's not what you said last week," Ms. Amy sang.

Andrew Garcia shrugged off Ms. Amy's hands and walked out the

door.

The next day, everyone was prepared. Employees were standing on

five floors anxious and excited. It wasn't the same kind of

excitement like every year, but the laughter of the floors brought delight. Ms. Amy was far too excited and bossed around the camera crew at one point. The plan had no mistakes and that encouraged Ms. Amy that this horrid plan was going to turn in a successful

one.

“Alrighty, we are going to start filming! Is everyone ready?” a

brunette female that is a part of the film crew said.

“No not yet,” Mr. Sams said as he was walking to his spot.

“You’re late,” Ms. Amy whispered once Mr. Sams was next to her.

“3, 2, 1 we’re live!” the director said.

“Hello this is the Allis Company, I’m Martha Amy, I’m the secretary

of Mathew Sams,” Ms. Amy said enthusiastically.

“For today, we will be showing everyone at home a tour of the

new office. We have changed everything, and this will be the permanent design of the new interior,” Mr. Sams said trying to sound interested.

It was obvious this was a prank for all the viewers at home, but

the internet enjoyed this every year. Mr. Sams wasn’t quite sure what the prank was, but he knew it involved a huge mess. He hated being unorganized and dirty, so this prank was something he wasn’t excited about.

The camera followed Ms. Amy and Mr. Sams to the mess around the

rooms with large business-like tables and many chairs.

“This is how most rooms will look like. Paper is the new trend

folks so keep that in mind while seeing these awesome rooms!” Ms. Amy said.

The rooms were covered in food, paper, and trash which looked

very unprofessional. Ms. Amy and Mr. Sams continued showing the first floor with Ms. Amy mostly talking and Mr. Sams adding side comments. Ms. Amy felt like starting the plan was far too early so she waited until they got to the second floor. After, showing some of the second floor, Ms. Amy believed it was time to show the pictures and play the recordings.

“Now I would like to show everyone the most important part of

this amazing tour,” Ms. Amy said thrilled.

She pulled down the thick white papers around the dark grey

walls and everyone gasped. They were pictures of her and Mr. Sams kissing, and doing things Mr. Sams would say were “unprofessional and unholy”. No one expected this, but many people have suspected Mr. Sams and his secretary had an affair. Mr. Sams was wordless, and his face turned as red as a tomato. Ms. Amy started the recordings that played of Mr. Sams telling her how much he enjoyed

her in his bed and asking her if she wanted to stay with him forever. The LA camera crew on the other hand, were puzzled if this was part of the prank or real, but it didn’t matter to them, they would get attention over this.

“I- uh I-, turn that piece of sh*t off and take down those d*mn

pictures down!” Mr. Sams said furiously trying to remove the surrounding images on the walls.

Ms. Amy laughed her witch laugh, “Since you wouldn’t tell the whole world our affair, I had to do it because apparently I’m the man of the relationship.”

Ms. Amy was delighted, and she even had the nerves to give Mr.

Sams a peck on his cheek.

“April Fools’ everyone, and you too Mathew, your whole company

is a joke,” Ms. Amy said walking off.

After a couple days, other companies turned their heads away

from the Allis Company and Ms. Amy started her company using some of Mr. Sams money for it. She was successful. Mr. Sams was furious and tried fixing the company, but his affair with his secretary and the pictures Ms. Amy showed, were far too unprofessional to many companies. Mr. Sams decided he couldn’t lose his huge company and entered Ms. Amy’s company.

“Hello Martha, miss me?” Mr. Sams said sneakily.

“Mathew, what are you doing here?” Ms. Amy was confused because

Mr. Sams hadn’t spoken a word to her since April Fools’.

“I decided to take revenge.” Mr. Sams pulled out his knife from

his pocket and hid it behind him.

“What do you me-.”

He stabbed Martha Amy.

“That’s for ruining me and my company."

April 03, 2021 02:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.