2 comments

Mystery

The Peterson family was preparing dinner. Well, they were making as much of the dinner as possible. Their mom was out getting groceries for the rest of dinner. Their dad was most likely driving home from work, and would be home any minutes. But surprisingly, their mom was home before their dad. The three children in the family, were Charles, Anna, and Joe. Charles was the oldest, Anna was the second oldest, and Joe was the youngest.

"Hello children" their mom said when she walked through the door. "Sorry I took so long. I had another errand to run."

"Where's dad?" Asked Charles.

"He... must be running late!" Said their mother. It seemed like she was trying to hide something. Only Anna seemed to notice this. But she did not really care and went back to making the dinner. About an hour later, and still no word from their dad. Their mom did not seem worried at all. But suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It startled Anna so bad, that she dropped the bowl that was in her hands.

"I'll get it" Said Charles, and he ran to the door. He opened the door, and was startled to see a police officer standing outside.

"Who is it?!" yelled their mother from the other room.

"It's a police officer! He wants to talk to you!" yelled back Charles.

"Tell him I will be there in a second!" Yelled back Mrs. Peterson.

A few moments later, Mrs. Peterson came to the door to talk to the officers.

"Mrs. Peterson, we are here to inform you some news about your husband." Said the police officer. When the children in the other room heard them say news about their father, they started to listen in.

"Tonight, Mr. Peterson was driving home from work, when he heard a cat meowing. It was in the middle of the road, and it was hurt. So he got out of his car and picked it up to take home with him. When he got back into the car though, he saw a shadow dart across the road. Alarmed, Mr. Peterson stepped on the gas and drove away. A car started to follow him. We have no idea who the driver was, or the license plate numbers, or really anything about the car. The car was too quick."

In the other room, the children were gasping, and little Joe was crying.

"Well," continued the officer, "Mr. Peterson pulled over to the side of the road. What we think, is that maybe he thought that the cat belonged to the person behind him. The man or women stepped out of the car, so that he could see their face. It was a clown! He had a knife, and well, you can figure out the rest. But we are here to tell you that Mr. Peterson, is dead!" Finished the officer.

Everyone in the house started to cry! Mr. Peterson could not possibly be dead. Once everyone had stopped crying so hard, the officer added in a surprise that was good!

"Mr. Peterson knew that something bad was going to happen, so when he pulled over, he wrote on a piece of paper, Give this to my children then he attached the note onto the kitten, and that's when everything else happened. So like the note said, here is the kitten." And the officer handed over a very cute black cat with green eyes.

"It's paw was hurt, but I took it to the vet for you, so the cat is healthy." Said the officer.

"Is there anything else I should know?" Asked Mrs. Peterson.

"No, that's all the news I have." And with that, the officer walked back into the cop car, and drove away.

"Children, there is something I need to tell you."

The children came racing into the room. Their mom explained the entire story to them. The entire time though, the children had to act as though they had not heard anything in the other room. After their mom finished telling them the story, she handed them the cat, and started crying. That night no one ate dinner. After hearing the sad news, everyone was not hungry, and just went to bed.

The next day, their mom tried everything possible to cheer them up. Suddenly, Mrs. Peterson had an amazing idea. Why not take the kids to the beach. She had been thinking about that idea all last night. She told the kids, and they agreed to go to the beach. So they packed all of their beach things like towels, sunscreen, bathing suits, goggles, ect, and then they were ready to go.

They arrived at the beach, ready to go swimming.

"Go on kids, I will meet you in the water in a little bit." Said Mrs. Peterson.

"Ok!" Said the kids very excited.

"Race you to the water!" Said Charles

"Hey, no fair your legs are longer than me and Anna's" Moaned Joe.

The kids ran to the ocean as fast as they could, and started splashing in the water. Anna was just sitting in the ocean, still a bit sad after what had happened to her dad. While she was thinking, a big shark looking finned appeared in the water, and started swimming towards Anna. Anna's back was turned the other way, and she did not see the fin coming up to her. Her brothers tried to warn her from where they were swimming, but when Anna finally realized what they were saying, the shark opened its mouth, and ate Anna, then disappeared. Her brothers ran out of the water, and they ran back to where their mom was sitting. All of them started crying, and went and told a lifeguard about what had happened, but they said it was too late, the shark was too far away. They went home crying that night.

The next morning, and their mom suggested that they go to the amusement park to have some fun. Charles really wanted to ride this huge roller coaster. Joe was really scared to go on it, and their mom said she was not going to go on it. Mrs. Peterson's best friend operated the roller coaster. They told Charles that it was a really safe roller coaster. They buckled in Charles, and the ride was off. When they were coming up on the loop in the coaster, Charles seat belt snapped, and he fell of the ride. There was nothing they could do about his fall. That night, again, they went home crying.

It was the last day of summer vacation, and Mrs. Peterson told Joe, that they should go on a hike up the super high mountain. They Packed their bags with hiking gear, like water and rope, then headed out to start climbing the mountain. They soon reached the peak of the mountain, and Joe tripped over a rock, and fell off the mountain, down a cliff, that was at least 500 feet high. Mrs. Peterson, then headed home, and went to bed.

Police were getting suspicious as to how all the family members except Mrs. Peterson, had died. The police started an investigation, and in the end, they found out that Mrs. Peterson was the clown that had killed Mr. Peterson, she paid her friend at the roller coaster operating desk, to make sure the seat belt was lose. She had paid for a shark that would attack, and she planned for the rock to be there. No one was sure why she had done it, but she soon disappeared herself.....

July 25, 2020 01:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Rick James
19:15 Nov 14, 2021

Thanks for sharing. Is there another chapter to this story? Would love to read what happens next.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Yolanda Wu
05:39 Jul 30, 2020

You see these kind of gruesome stories with an open ending are my absolute guilty pleasure. It really makes me want to read more and just know what happened to Mrs Peterson. Amazing job, keep it up!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.