0 comments

Fantasy

Laura sighed.

She was so excited, also the same anxious. In two days the Cookie Competition was starting, and it was impossible when they said no Fairy Dust.

Laura wasn't a fan of baking either, but the prize had drawn her too in.

She looked at her design she drew on the paper.

There was no way she could make a gingerbread on top of a gingerbread. It wasn't a cookie anyway. She had drawn a gingerbread man.

The door slightly opened. A beautiful fairy stood there. ' Laura, are still thinking of the contest?'

' Oh, yes,'

' I think it's better you sleep. When you wake you will get an idea, like you usually do,' The door slowly closed then.

Laura sighed. She turned off the light, and using her magic, she made a magic light that flashed on her notebook.

She closed her eyes. She remembered a spell that gave ideas. She was glad she had gone to Fairy Academy.

It taught her things really well, in a fun way.

She poured some fairy dust on her paper, and closed her eyes. Some words came in her head, and she read in her mind.

Laura was chanting the Creativity Spell.

When she was done with the spell, she opened her eyes. Then on the paper, her pencil was grabbed by the air, and an invisible hand started drawing something on the paper. Then it grabbed a red pencil, and started coloring the drawing. At last, it took a brown coloring pencil and wrote on the top of the drawing something, then, it dropped all coloring pencils, and Laura's pencil slipped back into her hands.

Laura smiled, and looked down at the drawing. It was a red rose, the bottom flat with leaves surrounding it, no stem. And the words was written in a very slanted manner, C o o k i e .

Laura tilted her head at it, trying to understand the idea. Then she got it!

' I know, I know!' She exclaimed in a loud voice, ' I have to make a cookie shaped as a rose!'

The door slowly opened again. ' Laura!' The mother said, half cross. ' Didn't I tell you to sleep? It's late 11: 30 already! Get to bed!'

' Mom-'

The mother, cross, snapped her finger once, and all the coloring pencils vanished in a puff or spark. The pencil lifted off Laura's hand, and into the pencil box.

All the notebooks and all flew up, and neatly into where they belonged.

The pillow set itself, the blanket rolled itself at the foot of the bed, and Laura floated up, and her fairy wings weren't in control. The spell was too strong.

Laura's pink dress vanished quickly, immediately replaced in some purple flower pajamas.

Laura fell in a plop on the bed, thankfully not messing up the neatly placed bed sheets.

The blanket unrolled the itself, throwing it's warmth all at Laura.

The mother snapped her finger once more, and the lamp turned off, and when she left, the door slammed behind her.

Laura sighed, and closed her eyes. Then she drifted off into lovely good night dreams.

The next day was great.

Laura was quite excited, and it was time she had to practice on her baking.

She went down the kitchen.

' So, Laura, any ideas?' Her mother asked.

' Great ones.'

' Mom, can I have the kitchen again? I need to practice.'

' Well, okay.' The mother left, snapping her finger.

A big green apron was on Laura.

Laura picked up a paper. ' Okay, so..'

She looked at the paper closely then said, ' One bottle of Pegasus Milk,'

And floating came a bottle near the kitchen counter.

' Now......

Two jars of dragon breathe cherries,

Five famous pixie carrots,

One bottle of angel glow-in-the-dark snowflakes,

Some glow of a star,'

Laura was telling quite fast. Everything came flying from the air, all in line to set themselves on the kitchen counter.

' The voice of a mermaid,

Fairy sugar,

and finally,

One jar of a unicorn's horn.'

Two bottles came flying in a line, doing the same manner as the other ingredients.

' Okay, I have all of it.'

Then she started making her cookie.

As she was doing, she was mumbling the ingredients.

' Stir the dragon breathe cherries carefully, now, I pour the Pegasus Milk...'

' Um, Laura?' Said her mom.

' Yeah?' She said, pouring the ingredients.

' Are you making a recipe up.'

' I am not supposed to follow.' Laura said, ' It's the rules.'

Laura practiced and practiced, and things got things better and better, until Laura stopped.

Enough.

Finally, the day came.

Laura used her wings to fly there.

Joe approached her. ' I am going to win.' And he left.

Everyone was given the ingredients they wanted.

There were two participants.

' You may begin.' said the Great Wizard.

Laura poured, and stirred, did everything, excited.

But when she looked at it, the dough fell down, it was too weak.

No matter what she did, everything seemed so weak.

She kept her hands in her pockets, until she felt something. It was fairy dust.

Suddenly, she knew if she cheated she would loose. So she kept the fairy dust back.

Then an idea sparked in her head.

Everybody was done soon.

The Great Wizard looked at Laura's baking.

Laura proudly displayed her cookie - a tiny cottage.

' I wasn't able to make a cookie - So I made a cottage!'

The Great Wizard nodded. ' You don't need to make a cookie, you can probably make a cake, too.'

The walls were a little crumbly, and the caramel was dripping a little from the roof.

Laura sighed, and looked at Joe's work.

It was a great castle, all perfect. Laura sighed, as she knew Joe would be the winner.

She turned to the Great Wizard.

He took a piece of the windows, which was made of the pixie carrots.

He kept it in his mouth, and started tasting it.

Laura was half closing her eyes and crossing her fingers so tightly they were almost red with pain.

' Mm, you added the exact amount of the Fairy Sugar. It's really delicious!'

Laura gave an icy smile, happy at this.

He turned to Joe's work.

Joe produced it proudly.

' Wow,' The Great Wizard took a piece of the red flag, and ate it.

' Very interesting.' Then he said, ' But, Joe, I know you cheat a lot. So I think I should check if you used any magic.

The Wizard examined Joe's rolling pin, and took out a wand from the bottom.

' I think, you have been cheating, Joe. So, I say, Laura was the winner!'

The Wizard patter Laura's shoulder, and gave a ruby trophy. ' I shall make you the best baker in Fairy Land, and I shall give you Magic Lessons.'

Laura suddenly was so proud of herself.

She smiled.

December 10, 2020 14:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.