0 comments

Funny Drama Sad

In the old times when wishing was still effective, there was a normal girl who didn't want to be a normal girl. 

Her days she spent at school. The time after school she spent with her evil sisters. They mocked her shoes. 

"Pumpkin? Is that even a color?" One of them asked.

"But," the other sister started, "it fits her! Her head looks like a hokkaido!"

Flustered and with an orange face, the normal girl moved to another room. There she started cleaning the house, the garden, and the Nintendo Switchs of the male family members. She was desperate; as she went outside for a walk, a gingerbread was hanging from her mouth. 

Mampf

As she was running around the corner, she hit a man.

"Hmhpfmfpm," she excused herself to the man. The man replied,

"Don't worry. We truck drivers are some hard man!" The normal girl would have been able to see him flexing, but she searched for her gingerbread. Once she got it in her mouth, she moved the bread and herself right in front of the crosswalk. She felt uncomfortable. Standing next to six other girls her age gave her the feeling that she was the ugly one of the hatchlings. Like the others, she tried to walk to the other side once the street was clear. Once the girls were on the move, a truck hit the seven at one blow. 


She didn't know what happened to the other ducklings, but she did wake up in a comfortable place. 

"Nice," she commented as she saw a group of magicians in front of her. They bathed in the shadow of something that is behind her. She turned around and saw Truck-kun, who brought her to this new world. She jumped close to him and told him that he is a unique truck. Truck-kun humbled himself, "Every man thinks his own geese are swans."


A magician cleared his throat.

"As much as we can understand that the princess wants to kiss this... thing hoping it turns into a prince, we propose that you dismiss any further desire in this direction."

"Rude," Truck-kun commented. "I may not be a frog, but my white color seduced more than one raven to live with me."

"Disgusting womanizer," the not-normal girl told Truck-kun and turned towards the magician. "I am listening."


"Good," the magician happily grinned. "We want you to liberate us from a frost griffin who lives in the close by snowy mountains. We don't care how you make him go away, but you must bring back the arm of our chief lord Zoomzeman that he stole. After that we will send you home, we really don't need anything else from you. Hope you understand the message."

"Sounds cool," the non-normal girl judged, jumped towards the magician, and shook his hand. "I will accept this quest!"

"Me too," the kun added and drove to her side. The magician gave her the direction. She nodded and put herself in Truck-kun's driver seat. Due to their close bond, they received a bonus on agility and could drive fast through the village towards the mountains. There, Truck-kun's heating gave both of them a bonus on cold resistance, which solved the issue of 'very cold winter on a mountain.'

The Kun was driving over the snowy road as they spotted a wolf walking into the nearby forest.

"Gas! Gas! Gas!" The non-normal girl shouted, and Truck-kun delivered the pain. While the Kun pushed the wolf into the wall of a house, they got a message, "New titles granted. Both of you will now be called 'Defender of Old Women'."


The girl left the truck and moved over towards the house.

"Hello?" She spoke into the dark room. She heard something like an answer, but she couldn't figure out the words.

"Goodness, what a hard-to-understand speech you use."

"Originally, I am from Hokkaido, therefore my fairy-taleish is a bit weird."

"And what big loot you have."

"Originally, I was a boss monster, but that was years ago. Go take it!"

After thanking her, she took the loot with her. Her title was upgraded from 'Defender of Old Women' to 'Friend of Old Women.' Once she entered Truck-kun, both of them changed. The Kun was now fully covered in white gold. She was now entirely dressed in gold.

"Sadly, there are no luxury cars around that I can flex on," Truck-kun determines with a deep sigh. She, on the other hand, was perfectly happy and loved her new wardrobe.


The rest of the route towards the griffon was without issues. It seemed like their generous heart protected them. Every time a creature with bad intentions came close to them, it looked slightly above their head and pulled away nearly instantly. Hence they could pass by mountain goblins, ice magicians, and lance wearing rabbits on snails without any issues.


Once the frost griffon came in view, Truck-kun slowed down.

"Wait for me," she said, and her hand slid over his driver's door as she left him behind.

"You came earlier than expected," the griffon stated as he slowly raised his sleepy head. "Took them a while to summon some heroes from another world. We will see if a girl and her magical helper have the right heart."

She stood still and just stared at the raising head of the griffon.

"What do you mean?"

"You want to get the arm back, I assume?"

"Yes."

"But do you have the heart for it?"

"What does this mean?"

"Do you have the heart for it?"

"Yes!"

The griffon seemed to search his plumage for something. A few minutes passed by as he pulled the arm of the chief out of his plumage.

"There is only one simple condition that I state, and seeing your title, you may be the first who can satisfy it."

"I am listening."

"You have to throw all riches away. All gold, whether it is yellow or white."

She glanced towards Truck-kun.

"Who would have thought that it would end this way?" Kun melancholically asked nobody but fate. She rushed over to him. She pressed her body against his; her left hand caressed his front light.

"You don't have to do this," she told him. "You don't need to."

"Young woman," he started. "You may not know this, but I was already old when I hit you. Therefore—"

"But!"

"Let me finish, young woman. I regret nothing that had happened or will happen. I never expected to have such an exciting life; to be of greater use was foreign to me. I expected to die as a nothing, a non-entity to everyone. You gave me this interesting time, those adventures, and that is enough for me to say, 'thank you, I can move on.'"

One of her tears fell on his front blinker. She turned around and moved towards the griffon. She undressed and threw her golden cloth in front of him. 

"Here," the griffon said as he handed over the arm.

"Thanks," she told the griffon and cuddled the arm for a few lonely seconds. Without looking at Truck-kun, she wandered away. In the back of her eyes, she could see that he caught fire and started to melt, just like her clothes. She could feel him and their memories as the smoke entered her. 


A few hours later, a dog entered the room in which the magicians were waiting. He told them, 

"The girl is coming back, and she is beautiful and happy."


April 08, 2021 16:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.