488 comments

Fiction Teens & Young Adult

August 1st, 2039


We've all been friends for about seven or so years, though Achebe and Alexis have never met each other during any of that time. Though that's going to change today, we're all going to eat at a restaurant in a few hours. I'll tell you how it goes. -Roxanne


August 2nd, 2039


I don't think that it went as well as I was wanting it to go yesterday, we all met outside of the restaurant so the two of them could formally meet. Though something seemed a little...off with Alexis.


I was just sort of awkwardly standing next to the two of them as they talked and all that, I'm not sure how Achebe was feeling but...I swear I could see something in Alexis' eyes...- Roxanne


August 3rd, 2039


You know what? I think meeting the two of them were some of the best days of my life. I...don't remember exactly how I met Alexis all those years ago, Though I remember we ended up meeting when we were ten years old.


I can however remember fully how I ended up meeting Achebe. It was probably about a few weeks after I met Alexis and we ended up meeting at a pool. A town pool to be exact.


I have no clue though on how neither of them met each other until now, I thought that they would have at least ran into each other while trying to find me or something. That's a little strange, to be honest... -Roxanne


August 7th, 2039


I know I haven't been writing anything in this for a few days, so sorry if anyone is reading this for some reason. The past few days were just extremely boring and nothing really happened.


I texted the two of them a few minutes ago and luckily they both agreed to have a movie night with me. I kind of hope that if the two of them hang out a bit more, they'll become friends with each other.


We're going to watch a movie that I believe is called, "Otherworldly repairs" It seems like its sci-fi or futuristic, I've never actually watched the movie.


Well anyways, I'm going to go now, and then I'll tell you whatever happens. My gosh, I'm like eighteen and I'm writing in a stupid Diary, what am I doing with my life? I really should get rid of this. -Roxanne


August 8th, 2039


I think the movie night was a tad bit worse than the whole Restaurant thing I told you about. Alexis was the first to arrive, she at least seemed a little happy, though when Achebe arrived that's when she changed.


It felt like she was just going to remain silent for the whole time as Achebe had asked me, "Is something wrong with her? She wasn't like this a few days ago..."


That wasn't the bad part or anything, she was just a little confused. It's what happened with Alexis whenever Achebe decided to go to the bathroom.


"Roxie, why do you keep bringing that girl with us? She shouldn't even be here, it should only be me and you!" I'd list what else she said but...it was bad. Is she jealous or something? -Roxanne


August 11th, 2039


Over the last couple of days, whether the two of them were with me or if it was just me and Alexis, it kept happening. She just always seemed...annoyed or confused, maybe even a bit upset with that look in her eyes.


I'm not sure if she actually hates her, or if she's just a little upset since it's usually just the two of us. Maybe it's both? Though either way, I'm still going to try and make them hang out to become friends and not enemies.


In fact, I already did something for the two of them. I know that Alexis might not like it, though I'm making the two of them go for a long walk together tomorrow, I'm not going with them though. It's just for the two of them. -Roxanne


August 14th, 2039


I have no idea what's going on, I haven't said anything for the past few days since I've been looking for the two of them. I was waiting the whole day for them to come back, but they never did.


I wasn't freaking out when it first happened, of course, it was a bit late when they would have come back so I thought that they just fell asleep somewhere and didn't have the time to reply.


Achebe's parents had already got a missing person report out for both of them once we realized that we couldn't find them anywhere. We searched a lot of places over the last few days...though I have an idea of where to go next. -Roxanne


August 16th, 2039


I found both of them. Earlier this morning when I was about to head off to where they went on that walk, Alexis was outside waiting for me. I could tell something was wrong by her expression as she then said, "I'm so sorry...I didn't mean for it to happen."


I didn't really think much of that besides being a little happy that she was back until I found her. Achebe was where the two of them went on that walk, just like I thought.


She had fallen though, she had fallen off of a cliff. I wish I could just say that she was alive and alright, but that wasn't true at all, she was dead. She was gone.


Did...Alexis kill her?! I know she seemed like she hated her or was at least jealous but why would she go that far? It was a terrible idea to leave those two alone, I got her killed... -Roxanne


August 18th, 2039


I haven't told anyone about what happened, not even the Police, I don't want Alexis coming after me as well. She might be able to even break out of prison if I put her in there.


She's been texting me for the last couple of days about it, though I haven't been responding to her, I'm thinking of blocking her completely in every way. Everyone knows that Achebe is dead, though they'll never know how it happened...


She's been texting me things like, "I'm so sorry it was never supposed to happen, please forgive me!" and "It was just a mistake, please you have to trust me on this...maybe I could fix it." Hah, no she couldn't, how would you fix something like this?


I'm going to try my best to figure out what to, maybe I could try to avenge her or something. That's what a friend would try to do, right...? I don't have anyone else to talk to, so this is the best thing to do. -Roxanne

December 01, 2020 05:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

488 comments

. .
12:53 Dec 01, 2020

Great story!! Great job with the suspense, but maybe show a reaction to Alexis's actions!! Definitely reads like a diary!!

Reply

B. W.
17:26 Dec 01, 2020

Thanks, im glad ya liked it ^^ I could maybe at least try to show more reactions and all that, did you maybe have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

. .
17:33 Dec 01, 2020

The part where she found them at the cliff! It was so good!!

Reply

B. W.
17:44 Dec 01, 2020

anything else ya gotta say for it?

Reply

. .
17:46 Dec 01, 2020

Maybe develop the main character more, because she seems kind of passive, but otherwise, nope. Great Job!!

Reply

B. W.
17:47 Dec 01, 2020

would ya wanna see more diary format stories?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
21:27 Dec 02, 2020

Hey, B! I'm going to call you that. Hope you don't mind. Hehe. Okay, onto the story! I liked your use of the diary format and I loved the story itself, but I was a little confused on what happened after dinner. Achebe and Alexis seemed to get along then, but then everything fell apart. Maybe you could have explained it a little in the texts between Roxanne and Alexis? I hope this wasn't offensive, I didn't mean it to be in any way. -Megan S.

Reply

B. W.
21:42 Dec 02, 2020

While i was working on the thing, I accidentally deleted it and had to start working on it again, during the dinner entry and probably some of the other stuff, I had added some other stuff that I unfortunately cant remember that was going to be Roxanne talking about something that involved stuff with Alexis and how she (Alexis) was acting towards her during and before the dinner. I'd try to add the stuff back in, though I cant even remember what it was like I said :/

Reply

Megan Sutherland
22:48 Dec 02, 2020

Oh! Well that's fine, I was just saying. Is it okay if I call you B?

Reply

B. W.
00:14 Dec 03, 2020

wait, why did ya change your name? and sure, you can call me B ^^

Reply

Megan Sutherland
01:53 Dec 03, 2020

Oh, haha, because Brooke D. changed hers to Hermione Granger and I kind of wanted to follow the Harry Potter theme for a little while. I'm a Slytherin, obviously XD

Reply

B. W.
03:30 Dec 03, 2020

wait she did??

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
16:21 Dec 01, 2020

Queen B strikes again! The diary format is so cool, you should try writing more like this! I love the creative character names, good job!

Reply

B. W.
17:42 Dec 01, 2020

thanks im glad ya liked it ^^ did you have a favorite part or anything like that?

Reply

20:52 Dec 01, 2020

I liked the first few entries, the 'getting to know the characters' parts!

Reply

B. W.
22:04 Dec 01, 2020

would ya wanna see some more diary type stories?

Reply

22:07 Dec 01, 2020

Yes!

Reply

B. W.
22:36 Dec 01, 2020

I can try to do that then ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.