Mystery: Write a story that involves a mystery -it doesn't need to be crime related it should just include something that remains unexplained until the end.

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write a story that involves a mystery — it doesn't need to be crime-related, it should just include something that remains unexplained until the end.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

Weekly Writing Prompts


Prince De-Grant Brempong

Tel. 0575086991

Email: princedegrant32@gmail.com

Email: princedegrant37@gmail.com


Write a story that involves a mystery -it doesn't need to be crime related ,it should just include something that remains unexplained until the end.


A mystery is noted as something that is difficult ,it is again impossible to understand or explain.


My story is entitled The Kidnapped.

This is s mystery because I wonder how can a clever boy like Moses be Kidnapped.


The Kidnapped of Moses remains a mystery because no one knows the reason why.

Moses had a notebook and a map containing information and some money in his suitcase worth one million dollars which some dangerous criminals of some sort will do anything to get hold of it entirely.

Moses became conscious and did not know whether he was dead or alive . Later did he know that he was kidnapped by criminals who were in search of the one million dollars given to him . He was kidnapped in a room in a quiet neighborhood where soft heavy weight pressed on him at both sides.

He could see nothing and breathing was also very difficult.


However the kidnapped of Moses remains a mystery , because nobody knew about is whereabout..

Moses tried to move both his arms and legs ,but his efforts only increased the pain he experienced in his head.

Moses also realised that he was bound tightly both between hand and foot.

Also within a horrifying moment ,Moses realised that he had been kidnapped and buried alive because the criminals where in search of the one million dollars handed over to him.

He pushed his bent knees at the weight that always laid on him.


However the weight was pressed heavily on both his chest and face. Since buried alive , breathing did not come easily between Moses and his environment.

Moses also became aware of sounds and smells . Again Moses received aching in both his head and body.

Also with a wonderful feeling of relief that he had not been buried alive after all remains a mystery for society to judge. God heard the prayer of Moses,

when he fully recovered from his sense of position . Moses was not only buried by the criminals but was instead put in the back of a lorry .

Moses was lying almost half buried in a

pile of sacks of grain.


Moses could see nothing because he himself was tied up in a sack.

Moses shouted and called out by screaming trying to make his voice sound above the noise of the engine of the vehicle .

Let me out ,Moses called out to the hearing of the Police or individuals of the neighborhood but it all came to no avail.

Moses felt pulled out on a pile of sacks.

As he screamed in the sack a Police detective overhead him and came to his rescue.

The Police Detective untied the string that tied that sack over Moses head.

Moses later stared at the sky ,taking fresh air deeply within his lungs.


The Police Detective took Moses to a nearby Hotel for accommodation so that the criminals will not kill Moses. The Police Detective realised that the criminals were still around ,so he set a tape recorder at the premises where Moses was kidnapped for investigation purposes.

This was due to the fact that he was going to come back to the. crime scene.

The Police Detective forced in finding Moses an accommodation in a Hotel.

Upon returning to the crime scene after seeing to Moses ,he heard a deep threatening voice of the criminals conversing angrily and shabbily dressed.


The Police detective hid in ambush trying to listen to what those criminals were up to .

Everything said by those criminals was being recorded by the Police Detective for evidence sake.

Some of the criminals were in Ninja masks , with guns whilst others were unmasked.

So to their unawares ,the Police Detective shot at them claiming he wanted to arrest them,but three of them run away ,while one was wounded and the other was shot dead at the crime scene.

The wounded criminal was the only one who was arrested by the Police Detective as a casualty and then taken into custody and later into prison.


He was asked to give evidence of the whereabout of. his other accomplices of the crime scene but he refused.

The Police Detective had no other option but to play the recorded voices of the criminals at the Police station so that he will know what those criminals where up to and the reason for kidnapping Moses so that it will not remain a mystery.


The Police Detective listens to the Tape Recorder and found out that Moses was not a liar but those criminals were up to something mysterious , they were in search of the one million dollars that was handed over to Moses ,but it all came to no avail.

Also through the tape recorder ,the Police Detective found out about the whereabout of those criminals.

The Police Detective found out that they were living in a quiet remote area in Chorkor where the neighborhood had no electricity and water but rather lived in poverty.

So the Police Detective organized his other colleagues with their Police Patrol in search of the criminals whereabout in Chorkor.


As the Police Patrol drove around the municipality of Chorkor asking of those criminals , individuals also attested that it was true but those criminals were extortionists and murderers .

Others also mentioned of those criminals as thieves and they do not live exemplary lives .


When the Police Patrol got to their premises they were very tired resting out of hard work.

The Police Patrol hid in ambush to arrest the criminals. They realised that those criminals were not only criminals but dealt in cocaine also.

The Police Detective and his colleagues gave a warning shot and arrested two of the criminals ,who were put into Prison.

As to the whereabout of. the last criminal remain a mystery unsolved.


However ,Moses the kidnapped was compensated by the Police for all the problems and troubles he went through with some money and a Tape Recorder for Detective purposes.

July 23, 2020 15:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.