23 comments

Fiction Inspirational Speculative

  Where to begin my story? It seems like that everything crumbled within a month. I lost my job. I lost my wife. I lost my house. I lost my friend.

  I met my wife when I was twenty years old when I was in my first year in engineering. My God. I still remember when she entered the class. She was on crutches with her school back on her back, and holding a binder in her hands. It was love at first sight for me. Not for her though. I had to courtship her for maybe weeks, months…but then we became soulmates.

  My wife, Sonia, came up to me today, just out of the blue, told me that it was over. She mentioned that the problem was not me, it was her. That famous line ‘’it’s not you, it’s me!’’. When I tried to make her talk, to give me more details, she would not divulge more explanations. Briefly, she just told me that she met this guy from her work place and that they are in love. Ten years of marriage, no kids though, but were preparing that phase of our lives, and she tells me she loves someone else. She did not provide me with any details on what I did not do or what I did do…

  A week later, my boss comes up to me, and announces me that the company is resizing. One third of the staff was to be let go and I was part of that group of employees that will be laid off. I had been working for the same company since my graduation. It was heart tearing feeling. I had tears in my eyes and I did my best to hide them till I was out in the parking lot beside my car. I was standing with my personal belongings in a box. Looking one more time to the prestigious building where I worked and managed many projects. I made some great friends here. All this gone in a flash…

  Talking about great friends, one of them, from my job, became one of my best buddies. When you have the same passion, working for the same company, towards same career goals, it forges a tight bond. My friend Cedrick was a civil engineer. We worked on lot of assignments together. After my wife, he was the one I would confine the most. After we both lost our jobs, Cedrick had been chatting on a dating site with this woman from Panama for a year. He told me that this was a sign. He went to visit her for a month, six months ago. He told me he was in love and he was into her. This was a perfect time to go visit her. He mentioned that doing a minor in Spanish when he was in University did not go to waste. He has a job interview at an engineering firm the day after he lands in Panama. If all goes well, he intends to extend his stay. That woman she met, she is beautiful and she seems a person with a good heart. I am happy for him but I lost Sonia and now Cedrick.

  The house that Sonia and I bought some years back, is now on sale. I did not want to sale the house, but she wants her share of the house by selling it. She wants nothing to do with me. I understand that we are in the process of divorcing and she wants to settle everything and start her new life with her new beau. I am still trying to grasp what did I do wrong to deserve this.

  I am guessing that within a few days or weeks, the house sale will be finalized. I will get half of the money from it. That half, might not be enough to buy myself a new house. The housing market is soaring and our salaries are not increasing at the same rate. I do have some savings but most of them are locked in in my pension funds. And, currently, I am with no work…

  Almost a month later, since Sonia told me she was leaving me, and I am jobless, friendless, with no woman in my life, and feel powerless with less financial stability. As I am doing some cleaning in the house, I stumble on a binder regarding a class I took as an elective in finance. Well, it was more about a class about cryptocurrency. I learned a lot from professor Dick Van James. I would call him Dr. James. This guy was the person that was able to Micky Mouse it so I can understand the world of the cryptocurrency. I got a fever about Bitcoin but did not invest that much as the price of one Bitcoin was close to $62,000. During this one class, Dr. James told us to come to class with our personal laptops so we can setup an account on a reliable and safe exchange. Moreover, suggested to order a physical wallet. He showed us on how to invest in Bitcoin. How deposit from your bank account to the exchange, on how to withdraw when ready to cash out, on how to send the funds to our wallets so that we don’t trust all the time the exchange’s website security, and on how to send back from our wallets to the exchange.

  This class, changed my life in a good way because I remember the professor saying that you can either do day trading which requires lot of time, patience and knowledge of the crypto markets, or let it go, and come back check your total assets accumulated over time. There were a few low-cost cryptos out there. One of them was called SafeMoon.

  SafeMoon came out if I remember correctly in March 2021. I bought some of it. The price of one SafeMoon coin was back then $0.000001279. This was purchased in mid-April 2021. I withdrew the money then from the exchange and kept it on my external physical wallet.

  Now, the million-dollar question is, how much is it worth? Today, in 2031, I see that Bitcoin is at a million bucks. My God! How come I did no check this before. I think I had bought maybe 0.02 of a Bitcoin back then. That is still a good 20k! Not bad. Safemoon, I invested back in 2021. Let me Google that now. Is this possible? The coin is at $1.00 and I bought for 10 million coins! Hallelujah!!! My God! There is a God!

  I am keeping my mouth shut. Let me wait for the divorce to be finalized. I bought this crypto even before I met Sonia. And she is the one leaving me today. If she comes after me, I will be ready with a ferocious financial lawyer.

  The month started like I was in hell, and it ended me being on the moon. A safe moon…

April 16, 2021 04:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

23 comments

Ronald McCain
11:05 May 09, 2021

If you require professional help to recover your stolen cryptocurrency, or if it was sent to the wrong wallet address, contact easybinarysolutions AT gmail com for assistance.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jack Black
05:41 Apr 24, 2023

Hi guys! I'm Jack... Update April 24, 2023 <12:34 PM> LIST CREDIT CARD AND GIFT CARD ***** CREDIT CARD & DEBIT CARD USA (Best Seller) UNITED KINGDOM (Best Seller) AUSTRALIA CANADA FRANCE GERMANY CHILE TAIWAN SPAIN JAPAN ITALY BRAZIL ***** GIFT CARD AMAZON (Best Seller) ITUNES (Best Seller) BESTBUY STARBUCK EBAY XBOX (Best Seller) WALMART TARGET ***** DEAD FULLZ INFORMATION US/UK FULLZ RANDOM BANK US/UK FULLZ WITH ALL BANK (CHASE, HSBC, BARCLAYS, etc...) VALID PASSPORT - DRIVER'S LICENSE - NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER - SSN - DOB UPDATE...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jack Black
06:11 Apr 12, 2023

Hi guys! I'm Jack... Update April 12, 2023 <12:28 PM> LIST CREDIT CARD AND GIFT CARD ***** CREDIT CARD & DEBIT CARD USA (Best Seller) UNITED KINGDOM (Best Seller) AUSTRALIA CANADA FRANCE GERMANY CHILE TAIWAN SPAIN JAPAN ITALY BRAZIL ***** GIFT CARD AMAZON (Best Seller) ITUNES (Best Seller) BESTBUY STARBUCK EBAY XBOX (Best Seller) WALMART TARGET ***** DEAD FULLZ INFORMATION US/UK FULLZ RANDOM BANK US/UK FULLZ WITH ALL BANK (CHASE, HSBC, BARCLAYS, etc...) VALID PASSPORT - DRIVER'S LICENSE - NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER - SSN - DOB UPDATE...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jack Black
05:02 Mar 29, 2023

Hi guys! I'm Jack... Update March 29, 2023 <11:57 AM> LIST CREDIT CARD AND GIFT CARD ***** CREDIT CARD & DEBIT CARD USA (Best Seller) UNITED KINGDOM (Best Seller) AUSTRALIA CANADA FRANCE GERMANY CHILE TAIWAN SPAIN JAPAN ITALY BRAZIL ***** GIFT CARD AMAZON (Best Seller) ITUNES (Best Seller) BESTBUY STARBUCK EBAY XBOX (Best Seller) WALMART TARGET ***** DEAD FULLZ INFORMATION US/UK FULLZ RANDOM BANK US/UK FULLZ WITH ALL BANK (CHASE, HSBC, BARCLAYS, etc...) VALID PASSPORT - DRIVER'S LICENSE - NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER - SSN - DOB UPDATE...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jack Black
04:56 Mar 19, 2023

Hi guys! I'm Jack... Update March 19, 2023 <11:31 AM> LIST CREDIT CARD AND GIFT CARD ***** CREDIT CARD & DEBIT CARD USA (Best Seller) UNITED KINGDOM (Best Seller) AUSTRALIA CANADA FRANCE GERMANY CHILE TAIWAN SPAIN JAPAN ITALY BRAZIL ***** GIFT CARD AMAZON (Best Seller) ITUNES (Best Seller) BESTBUY STARBUCK EBAY XBOX (Best Seller) WALMART TARGET ***** DEAD FULLZ INFORMATION US/UK FULLZ RANDOM BANK US/UK FULLZ WITH ALL BANK (CHASE, HSBC, BARCLAYS, etc...) VALID PASSPORT - DRIVER'S LICENSE - NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER - SSN - DOB UPDAT...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jack Black
06:12 Mar 12, 2023

Hi guys! I'm Jack... Update March 12, 2023 <12:39 PM> LIST CREDIT CARD AND GIFT CARD ***** CREDIT CARD & DEBIT CARD USA (Best Seller) UNITED KINGDOM (Best Seller) AUSTRALIA CANADA FRANCE GERMANY CHILE TAIWAN SPAIN JAPAN ITALY BRAZIL ***** GIFT CARD AMAZON (Best Seller) ITUNES (Best Seller) BESTBUY STARBUCK EBAY XBOX (Best Seller) WALMART TARGET ***** DEAD FULLZ INFORMATION US/UK FULLZ RANDOM BANK US/UK FULLZ WITH ALL BANK (CHASE, HSBC, BARCLAYS, etc...) VALID PASSPORT - DRIVER'S LICENSE - NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER - SSN - DOB UPDATE...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sophia F
11:25 Mar 10, 2023

Fire Bee Techno Services is a top cryptocurrency exchange software development company in the world. We have a team of well-trained and experienced developers and designers who work hard to deliver bug-free projects to their clients on time. We have a large portfolio and a better client reputation than any other organization. We gave top priority to their client's requirements. Know more about it: https://www.firebeetechnoservices.com/binance-clone-script For any inquiries to contact their Blockchain Experts via, Whatsapp/Telegram: +91 73...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jack Black
05:43 Mar 06, 2023

Hi guys! I'm Jack... Update March 6, 2023 <12:36 PM> LIST CREDIT CARD AND GIFT CARD ***** CREDIT CARD & DEBIT CARD USA (Best Seller) UNITED KINGDOM (Best Seller) AUSTRALIA CANADA FRANCE GERMANY CHILE TAIWAN SPAIN JAPAN ITALY BRAZIL ***** GIFT CARD AMAZON (Best Seller) ITUNES (Best Seller) BESTBUY STARBUCK EBAY XBOX (Best Seller) WALMART TARGET ***** DEAD FULLZ INFORMATION US/UK FULLZ RANDOM BANK US/UK FULLZ WITH ALL BANK (CHASE, HSBC, BARCLAYS, etc...) VALID PASSPORT - DRIVER'S LICENSE - NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER - SSN - DOB UPDATE...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amelia Jack
10:34 Dec 20, 2022

Amelia here and I want to utilize this platform to warn everyone about  Bitcoin scams. I was struggling financially a few months ago before a friend of mine gave me the name of a highly reputable company where I was assisted in recovering my stolen BTC. I accidentally transacted with a fake company, which led to my involvement in BTC investment fraud. I attempted to invest in Bitcoin, and I was conned out of $772,000. All thanks to Spyware Cyber, A BTC-focused private registered business, I recovered my money. It is advisable to invest in BT...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Stefen David
08:24 Dec 07, 2022

You can check this <a href="https://www.hivelance.com/cryptocurrency-exchange-script" >cryptocurrency exchange script</a> from Hivelance if you are willing to start crypto exchange. Hivelance technologies provides cryptocurrency exchange scripts with full source code. The script features a number of functionalities like multi currency support, trading engine, Advanced API’s, liquidity, order types, etc. Our cryptocurrency exchange script is engineered with modern stack technologies that you can easily deploy in your hosting servers without...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Olivia Pope
08:28 Oct 26, 2022

Almost everyone who owns cryptocurrencies is familiar with Binance due to its dependability, quick coin exchange, and profit rate. If you want to start a cryptocurrency exchange business? You will undoubtedly achieve great success in the cryptocurrency industry. One of the profitable business ideas is to create a cryptocurrency exchange. Using ADDUS Technologies, you can run a secure crypto exchange similar to Binance and make an incredible profit. They provide a highly effective and cost-effective binance clone script platform. For more in...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bate Heister
19:56 Sep 03, 2022

I understand that it is very important to trust your partner. i did the-same for many many years. 25 years of marriage only to find out my husband had another family with which he was equally married to the woman and the kids were as old as mine. it was a terrible experience, but i feel alot better knowing than not knowing. i plan to gradually blend in and look forward to the two families connecting and understanding each other for the kids. thanks to this hacker who i met, he helped me hack into my husbands phone and social media where i we...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bate Heister
19:56 Sep 03, 2022

I understand that it is very important to trust your partner. i did the-same for many many years. 25 years of marriage only to find out my husband had another family with which he was equally married to the woman and the kids were as old as mine. it was a terrible experience, but i feel alot better knowing than not knowing. i plan to gradually blend in and look forward to the two families connecting and understanding each other for the kids. thanks to this hacker who i met, he helped me hack into my husbands phone and social media where i we...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Grace Morgan
08:12 Jul 17, 2022

TRADING SCAM ALERT Crypro Trading, Forex Trading, Stock Trading and their likes are a means of making money but it’s more like gambling. There are no sure means to guarantee that a person could make profit with them and that’s why it can also be reasoned to be scam. Let’s not forget that some individuals even give you % guarantee of making profits and end up running away with your money. You might have also come across some individuals that say they will give you guarantee on successful trades but they only end up as SCAMMERS as well. Y...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Betty Parker
09:03 Apr 19, 2022

<a href="https://www.clarisco.com/cryptocurrency-development">cryptocurrency development</a> <a href="https://www.clarisco.com/cryptocurrency-exchange-development">cryptocurrency exchange development</a> <a href="https://www.clarisco.com/wallet-development">cryptocurrency wallet development</a> <a href="https://www.clarisco.com/smart-contract-development">smart contract development</a> <a href="https://www.clarisco.com/nft-marketplace-development">NFT marketplace development</a> <a href="https://www.clarisco.com/decentralized-finance-devel...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Christopher Quan
23:48 Mar 04, 2022

I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $1000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take...

Reply

Christopher Quan
23:48 Mar 04, 2022

GREAT

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Cyberz Phoenix
21:26 Mar 04, 2022

Cyberz Phoenix is a Group of Multinational Hackers & Spammers. We make sure by all means necessary that our clients get the best of services on A PAYMENT. Rather than send money and trust a criminal to fulfill your deal. You'll get excellent customer service. That's a 100% guarantee. BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS if you have been a VICTIM, Contact: Telegram : @Cyberz_Phoenix ICQ : @1001829652 WICKR : @cyberzphoenix for directives. Here, it's always a win for you. Without any Reasonable doubts, it is no news that Cyberz Phoennix offer one of the b...

Reply

Show 0 replies
09:18 Oct 12, 2021

<a href="https://www.cryptocurrencyscript.com/decentralized-finance-defi-development"><b>DeFi Development Services</b></a> <a href="https://www.cryptocurrencyscript.com/blog/defi-yield-farming-development"><b>DeFi Yield Farming Development Services</b></a> <a href="https://www.cryptocurrencyscript.com/blog/defi-lending-borrowing-development"><b>DeFi Lending & Borrowing Development Services</b></a> <a href="https://www.cryptocurrencyscript.com/blog/pantherswap-clone-script"><b>Pantherswap Clone script</b></a> <a href="https://www.cryptocurren...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bessie Joans
10:59 Jun 23, 2021

<a href="https://www.osiztechnologies.com/localbitcoins-clone-script">Localbitcoins clone script</a> | <a href="https://www.osiztechnologies.com/binance-clone-script">Binance clone script</a> | <a href="https://www.osiztechnologies.com/remitano-clone-script">Remitano clone script</a> | <a href="https://www.osiztechnologies.com/paxful-clone-script">Paxful clone script</a> | <a href="https://www.osiztechnologies.com/blog/wazirx-clone-script">Wazirx clone script</a> | <a href="https://www.osiztechnologies.com/cryptocurrency-exchange-script">Cry...

Reply

Show 0 replies
William Richards
10:24 May 23, 2021

This was a great story, and I loved the ending, good job

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.