1 comment

General

social media platform was my hidding room where I would go and cry out my tears to friends, seeking much more comfort. Many people have fallen into the traps of fake people young people kidnapped, rapped, killed, and their bodies found in sea bed or inside the forests rotten and vultures feasting on the dead flesh.

Addiction have always been on my mind addicted to social media that before crystals fell from my eyes, my mind headed to social media. It was like we were attracted to each other like a magnet never letting go.

My deepest happiness was whenever I could find line of friend requests, that smile that kept on blooming all over my face.

"Am I unique? Sitted on my rocky chair as the thought took me far away with smiles on my face, this made my mum to wonder about the sudden change inside me.

As the birds sang outside, in the shower I was singing like a bird that could attract the neighbours.

One day, I received a message through my phone, leaving all that I was doing to check on the message. I didn't recognize who send it, "Am I a celebrity? I don't hate myself because of the color skin or because I am an African. Beauty does not lie on the skin but inside the heart.

I always longed to have a white skin, how could I change my skin? My parents are from Africa, I sat down to appreciate my dark color and love myself that I came to be loved More and more.

"Hi my name is Diplon, I want to be your friend. "

That name never rang to my mind like the bell, I was blind that I walked towards the trap and caught in it like a rat no matter how I regretted it was a hard lesson I learnt.

Months, days went by and for me it was like it was yesterday when I accepted to be friends with a stranger. Never seen the face but it was on a printed paper and on the screen of my phone.

"We need to meet, "Diplon said

In confusion I wasn't ready for this kind of meeting, "how will he see me. I was scared that he will hate my dark skin but he kept on insisting.

I loosed myself and threw myself into the water not knowing the same water will drown me, "where can we meet?

Diplon was in a quick swing to meet me tomorrow which was on a Saturday. My mouth was silenced that no excuse was granted. I was a prison in my own self, jailed in my own feelings that I did not want to loose him.

"I think am in love with him*

with a stranger? Where is all this heading to as he rang me, the voice that was so humble, gentle that pulled my attention to him.

On a Saturday morbing, I could not settle my mind because I too was eagerly waiting for this day and the time is here that I had to grab the opportunity with two hands.

"Don't go, you won't come back*

That was the voice that kept on ringing inside my mind, the black sturbon spirit that appeared to me in black twinkle light standing right before me.

The phone rang and it was from Diplon asking me to meet him in roadways supermarket, "where could that be located at?

Anyway we will find out on our way there.

I was too slow to hear to the voice that I had to call the taxi driver to take me to my destination. Right on time there was a horn from outside.

"The taxi driver is here?

My mum was not convinced about where I was going, by the questions thrown to me definitely she sensed all was not okay. Waving to my mum like that was the last time to set my eyes on her. Smiles filled my face on our way to roadways supermarket, the taxi driver would always see that bright face I had.

"Ma'am, you look happy today, "said the taxi driver.

I looked at him with that big laughter -ha-ha-ha*

"Am more than happy, "I answered.

We had arrived at the roadways supermarket but as there is always a sign when its going to rain, there was no any sign of Diplon anywhere.

"I will wait for you, I sense that person is a bad person, *said taxi driver. I rang him and he answered my phone, "I see you, who are you with?

"Am with the taxi driver, "I answered

From the tone he was not happy as he started commanding me on the phone to tell the taxi driver to leave that's when he will come to meet me. Confusion filled my heart but I did not follow to his commands, when I realized his face hidden at the corner of the supermarket building.

I came out of the vehicle as taxi driver waited for me, in anger I was, "what's the meaning of this!

Diplon smiled at me and all he asked was if i have carried my handbag and clothes and advised me to go back to vehicle, he will come and pick me from there.

This man was a kidnapper and he never showed himself but disappeared like a ghost and what followed were teasing messages from him through my phone. Am happy I was saved by the taxi driver as we drove off from that place.

That's a hard lessons I got to learn and not to repeat it again in my breathing live.


November 05, 2019 10:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Cam Croz
01:42 Nov 12, 2019

A very good learning experience! Awesome story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.