1 comment

Drama Fantasy Sad

The sun was shining on the lake, Scarlet was sitting on the cliff while watching the sunrise. When Bandit came and sat down next to Scarlet. 

“It’s beautiful isn’t beasty?” Bandit asked.

“It truly is” Scarlet answered.

The two have been secretly dating for two years now Scarlets pack doesn’t know that she was sneaking out or that she was soon going to have a canid pup. Scarlet’s pack was running through the woods to find her they believed that one of the other packs had taken her. The pack had split up so they could find her, she was one of the betas of the River pack and was supposed to watch the pups that night. The pack went into four groups, the first group was to search the Fire pack, the second group was to search the Plant pack, the third group was to search the lightning pack when the fourth group was to search the boundaries and cliff sides.

“SCARLET!!!!” one of the wolves called out Scarlet looked behind her and was startled when she saw her own bother staring at her because she was at the cliffside and with a fox. He walked up and told bandit if he wants to live it is probably best if you leave the area. Scarlet’s brother had been watching them send they started dating, he knew that she was pregnant with a hybrid. The other wolves soon found them on their way back from the cliff.


~3 months later~


Scarlet had given birth to the canid pup it wasn’t very fox-like the only way to know it was a hybrid was the tail and eyes. The pack didn’t notice too much that she had a pup them pack thought the father was a random lone wolf that had wandered by. Scarlet started to worry about the future because if the pack found out that she had mated with a fox she would be kicked out of the pack. Bandit had snuck into the River pack camp, the alpha asked what business he had, Bandit said he had heard that one of the beta’s had a pup and he wanted to bring peace and good luck to the pack he gifted the alpha with a lightning gemstone. When Bandit found Scarlets home he went in and said “Well isn’t my beasty”


~5 years later~


Scarlet and Isa were asked to come to the alpha, Scarlet was terrified because they heard young fox sounds close to Scarlets home. 

“SCARLET! YOU ARE TO LEAVE THE PACK OR BE KILLED FOR SNEAKING A FOX CHILD INTO OUR PACK”

“ALPHA PLEASE I DIDN’T SNEAK A FOX PUP INTO THE PACK I HAD A FOX PUP, I’M SORRY I KNOW I HAVE DISAPPOINTED YOU”

“You haven’t disappointed me you have made me proud, you admitted, I have known since she was born, I was raised by foxes till this pack found me.”

Some of the other wolves were furious that their alpha didn’t do this earlier and that SCarlet wasn’t going to have any punishment. They started to not listen to orders till one day a storm came and washed out many of their homes and Scarlet was taking over while the alpha was helping the packs on the other side of the river get to safety. Part of the omegas of the pack was planning to kill Scarlet or Isa, they didn’t want any connections to the foxes to the pack and they were going to leave the alpha so that they could find a weakness to work their way up the ranks.

Isa was running around with her father near the cliff and wasn’t caring that she wasn’t with her mother. His father loved her but when he heard Scarlet’s scream he grabbed Isa and bolted to the pack camp.

“SCARLET” Bandit yelled as he got closer to her bleeding body. “No… no no no not you please anyone but you”

“Bandit protect Isa with everything and keep my pack safe, I love you guys” that was the last thing Scarlet said. The alpha had shown up that second and saw her limp bleeding body on the muddy ground.

“Bandit, I suggest you get Isa away from the pack, if Scarlet was killed they will probably go for Isa's safety.” the alpha stated.

“She told me to keep the pack safe and Isa, I am going to do as she asked.”

“Very well, but I will ask you to leave the packing area till after the storm has passed and I am able to get every wolf back to their normal state.”

“I understand” and with that Bandit and Isa had left with tears in their eyes sense Scalet was dead, Bandit took Isa to the cave he was living in he still had to raise her and keep her alive, “You will pay for what you have done”.


~Month Later~


“You have been called here because you were seen covered in blood right before Scarlet was killed, you are to now face your death penalty”.

“Bandit, Isa you are to stay near the beta’s till it has become fully safe understand?”

“Yes alpha,” they said together.

Isa and Bandit were not over Scarlet’s death yet and the omega’s of the pack was always staring at them. Bandit had said something to the alpha to watch all lower ranked wolves. Of course, the lower-ranked wolves noticed how the betas were watching closely and the omegas were being very distant. 

“I don’t want to see anyone else killed we need to strike NOW!” one of the omega’s stated.

“We need to get her away from the betas first,” another omega said.

“I’ll get her, just say out of the way,” one omega said.

Isa had gotten pulled away and pinned to the ground far from the River pack camp, the omega had clawed her right eye and her back so she would bleed out to death from it. Isa knew the way back to the pack camp she could make it there if she didn’t stop it would hurt but she wasn’t going to give up. When she got back to the pack she sold out the one how attacked her and the alpha thought it would be safer for her to live with a different pack.


~1 week later~


The moon was shining on the lake, Bandit was watching the dolphins play in the night. Bandit could feel the spirit of Scarlet was close, Isa was now living and being raised by the lightning pack, so Bandit had all his time to watch over the land.

~Fin~

November 20, 2020 18:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Salom :)
05:34 Dec 03, 2020

Great story Jackie!! My only suggestion would be to fix a few grammars and some punctuation issues you've got there. Good job!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.