They have landed...

Submitted into Contest #14 in response to: And there's a twist! It actually all took place in the past.... view prompt

0 comments

General

It was a late Saturday night, the moon was full and glowing an unusual orange colour. The humidity of the air was stifling, and not a cloud in the sky.  It was a starry night of July, 2050.  They were all practically topless because of the heat that day and as soon as night fell, they were able to breathe easily.

 Bob Moray, worked as a Night Engineer for Scruffold & Scruffold for over ten years and was looking forward to retire. It was late in the night when he decided to do his rounds before he received any more jobs on his CB radio. While out on the stroll and looking out at the starry night sky, he noticed something flickering and put it down to a shooting star, as he continued to go back inside to finish off more jobs.

Twenty miles away, Judy Fisher was preparing dinner for her husband, who worked as a fisherman, he was accustomed working late and looking forward to her cooking. They lived near the coast on the top of the mount, as Judy was busying her self in the kitchen, and looked out of the window to see an orange glow beaming from the sky, at first she mistook it for the moon, and then she found it to be hovering. She nearly burned his food on account of this thing in the air and decided to get on with dinner.

Just an hour drive from Judy Fisher, two fugitives were trying to escape from being captured after their heist went wrong. The police were trailing them, with the siren sounding precariously loud, Tim and Derek were trying endlessly to get away. In that moment, their car stopped. The orange glow was above them. The police car was nowhere to be seen, the two fugitives, Tim and Derek looked at one another, and they were gone.

Jim Fisher had left the boat that took him from the docking area, as he was heading home.  He phoned Judy to say he would be on his way, there were no anomalies from his side, until he reached his house.  The orange glow was surrounding his house, he called out to his wife,

"What's happening?"

He saw Judy at the door,

"Come in quickly! I don't know what is happening"

They both huddled together until they disappeared.

Along the trail, Officer Bob Thornton and Officer Tony Otego were sat in their car, unable to start the engine or not even able to get their radio started, that was all they had remembered.  They sat in silence, until, the radio came on and the car engine stalled,

"What are we doing here?"

"I don't know, you told me to turn left"

"I did no such thing"

"I distinctly heard you say turn left"

"What do we do now?"

"Just turn around here and head back"

"ok"

"ok"

The car did a U-turn and they were heading back in the opposite direction with no notion of what they were doing before.

Meanwhile, back at Scruffold & Scruffold,  Bob Moray was busy fixing the lights on the roof of the building, it was his last job. When he had finished connecting the last cable, he saw it for the first time in his life, a live image of a orange ship, golden in colour beaming down it's light on the building, Bob looked up and he was gone.

 

 

November 05, 2019 08:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.