0 comments

Adventure Horror Science Fiction

It all started on a Tuesday morning, I remember that day so well. I remember how the sun was shining in the sky. It was so bright that you never would want to look up in the sky and how I felt like I was at peace all throughout the day. Now that I think about it I had never been in such peace before. I went to work just like I would every other day. 

I always hated all of the work and I had always hated it when I would find myself pulling all sorts of different projects together. That day was somehow different though I seemed to embrace the work that day rather than hating it like I usually did. Looking back I feel like in some very deep way I knew what was going to happen even though I had absolutely no idea

After I finished work I decided to go hike the cave. I often enjoyed doing this. The cave was surprisingly empty that day I was the only one going through the cave. But I had enjoyed it so much the silence allowed me to feel like I was at peace able to do anything I could possibly want to do. I felt free to conquer the world. I imagined how life could be for me and how amazing it would be if I changed my lifestyle. I found that this experience was like finding peace all over again but that does not matter what matters is what happened next.

After I spent 5 hours in the cave a came out only to find the most horrific thing I ever found which was bodies everywhere it looked like it had come straight out of a horror movie but this time it was real a real life horror movie. I started to stake then I let out a huge scream I yelled “help” no one had answered me and I yelled again and again. Then I thought to myself “are you dreaming”. That was when I grabbed a rock and slammed it into my hand as hard as humanly possible no no no I wasn't dreaming. I knew that I had not been dreaming because I had suddenly felt a giant surge of pain coming from my hand. I then seemed out “help, help” I started to cry and then welled out with a huge roar of pain “help me”. No one answered the scream of pain.

Later that night I decided to get closer to the bodys I decided that I needed to know how the had died. So I went forward Infront of me there lied a male he looked young like he was in his 30s. His face was white and pail so extremely pale he looked like a ghost I examined his body. There was no blood which I found very odd. I thought that they couldn't have all just dropped to the ground and died out of nowhere. There had to have been someone with a gun or something that killed them so I grabbed him. Then disgusted I let go for I had never touched anything that was dead before. I let out a scream and a cry for help but this one was unrecognizable as human. I looked at him and I cried. I sat there and cried for hours looking at his body. It was probably midnight when I built up the mental courage to start moving. I walked one foot behind the other I walked along the side of a road.

Walking along the road I could see the cars many cars that had swerved of the road all of witch had dead passengers. Death was everywhere everyone. I walked along this highway until morning. Eventually I had found something to look forward to something to hope for. I was going to keep walking until I found someone alive. As I walked I would scream “Is anyone here alive”. I remember how my feet had felt like they were going to collapse underneath me but I did not fall and I was not ready to stop so I kept going. 

Before too long I had made it to a small town the town was empty just like everywhere from before there was death everywhere. I came to the realization that I was hungry and tired so I walked into a walmart that was there. I still had not escaped the death there was dead bodys everywhere all over the floor children, adults all of them dead. Sometimes I would see hole family's dead gone to the snapp. That day I found an apartment and stayed there looking for others everyday but never having any luck.

Weeks later I still had found no one alive but after a long time of searching I finally gave up but before I gave up on the world I wrote this and left this letter in hopes that someone might see it and come looking for me…

Hello,

My name is Collier. I am 50 years of age and I think I might be the last man on earth. But I desperately hope not. If you get this letter you are probably not dead and I would like it if you would come to join me. I have decided to move to the countryside because I could not live a life where I need to see so many body's. You will find me in a cabin in South Carolina. In a cabin on 123 apocalypse street.

Please come I will have food and water if needed. Please join me.

Thank you,

The last man on earth, Collier

I left this message everywhere but deep inside I knew that I would never find anyone that I was alone in this world and that I would need to be alone forever. I let out more sobs. I sobbed my heart out for hours and hours. Then I left this place, and I never came back the the area of death.

May 06, 2021 20:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.