0 comments

Romance Teens & Young Adult Contemporary

I groaned and slid off of him as we both laid there breathing heavily.

“That was....” The man next to me began.

I knew what he was gonna say. 'It was amazing. Your amazing' I'd take it but it stopped meaning anything to me more than 6 months ago.

“Amazing.” he continued, “You were amazing.”

“Thanks” I sighed.

He rolled onto his side and wrapped his arms around me, “Lets-”

“Actually I should get going.” I said sitting up.

“Do you have to?” He asked as I grabbed my dress and underwear from the floor.

“Yes.” They always did this. They either wanted more than one round or wanted me to spend the night snuggling, just to pretend that it meant anything.

“Well, can I at least have your number?”

I sighed, “I'd prefer to leave it here.”

I really hope that he'd just accept my want for a one-night, but he did seem like the kind to get upset. I'd already noted all the exits and I knew the front door was unlocked.

“So this was just a one-night stand for you?” He glared from the bed.

Yep. He was one of those. “Yes. But I had a great time.” I hurried and grabbed my heels.

I sighed in relief when I got to the door. At least he hadn't followed me.

“Bitch.” I heard him say.

That word had lost meaning for me too.

I caught a cab and sighed pulling my hair up into a hair tie. I was used to this and only rarely stay the night. When I was sleeping with my roommate, we'd sometimes sleep in the same bed. But I never slept over when it was a one-night stand.

I had rules.

Amber's Sex Rule Number 1: Never Sleep With co-workers and anyone who can track me down

Amber's Sex Rule Number 2: NEVER Catch Feelings

Amber's Sex Rule Number 3: ALWAYS Use Protection

Amber's Sex Rule Number 4: Never Sleep Over

Amber's Sex Rule Number 5: Never Walk In Shame

Amber's Sex Rule Number 6: NEVER Imagine A Future

Amber's Sex Rule Number 7: Follow It Up With A Shower

I adjusted my dress so I didn't look like such a mess. I always followed my rules, and they kept me safe. I sometimes wondered how I got to this point in my life.

Of course, everything had started when my first love, John Roberts dumped me to be with the love of his life, Britney Jenkins. She was considered gorgeous; blonde hair, blue eyes, the perfect model body with big boobs and a big butt.

I on the other hand wasn't thin but wasn't chunky. My friends from class had called me curvy. I had glasses and always had my hair back so it didn't get in the way of my school work. They all insisted that I was better without him but they didn't get it, he was my first. First kiss, first sex experience, first love. He'd been my everything. Then suddenly he'd blocked me out and I was left with nothing but guilt and shame.

I'd tried to go home but once my parents knew that I'd lost my innocence they kicked me to the curb and told me they didn't have a daughter. They were always religious so I'd assumed that was the reason to toss me out like trash.

But luckily I had an aunt that loved me no matter what. She'd decided to stay single for the rest of her life because of some abuse she'd experienced and got into a lucrative but saucy line of work. She took me in and introduced me to her way of life. My aunt was a feminist through and through, so much so that she saved up and bought her own strip club.

So I’d traded my glasses for Lasik and bought a whole new wardrobe and started working for my aunt.

Casa De La Crystal was ranked the best strip club in the United States. It not only pleases customers but also provides a safe work environment for the dancers. My aunt had me working as a waitress, getting me used to fewer clothes while I learned to dance. And then she let me do small performances until I gained experience. Of course, all that hadn't taken much time. If there was one thing I knew how to do, it was working hard.

With my aunt as inspiration and my heartbreak as a fuel source, I came up with my rules to protect myself and vowed that I'd never give my heart to any man again.

The driver dropped me off on the corner by the strip club. That was one of my unofficial rules. Never get dropped off directly at the club. Well okay, it's not my rule, it's my aunts.

I walked barefooted down the sidewalk and slipped onto the porch of the house behind the club. It didn't look like anything marvelous. It was new, like most places nearby, but inside it was home.

I typed in the code and it unlocked the door. I knew everyone was awake but the door was always locked. For obvious reasons.

“Amber.” My aunt called.

“Hey aunt Crystal, I'm home.” I sighed walking into the study.

Aunt Crystal was sitting at her desk going over a ledger, “You followed your rules right?” she asked without looking up.

“I always do.” I nodded.

She looked up at me. She could have been my mother, though they looked nothing alike. Where my mom had the dirty blonde hair and gray eyes of my grandmother, aunt Crystal and I resembled my grandfather more. The dark chocolate brown hair, natural sun highlight, and a slight shade of red when under direct light.

She smiled at me, “I'm glad your home safe. Go get a shower and some sleep before you start work.”

I nodded, “Night aunt Crystal.”

I woke up at 1, groaned, and rolled out of bed. I pulled my hair up and changed into my favorite outfit, an oversized man's shirt with baggy sweatpants.

Aunt Crystal was never a big fan of the outfit and she made it clear again as I came down the stairs in some sneakers. “I'm glad your up,” she said glaring at my outfit. “I've got a meeting so if you could get the place prepped and accept the shipment I'd really appreciate it.”

I nodded, “Sure thing. I was just gonna grab something quick for breakfast then I was heading in.”

She nodded, “Great. And remember to change by 3. Oh, and I made a breakfast drink if you want some it's in the fridge.”

“Thanks,” I replied walking into the kitchen.

I didn't stick to my aunt’s diet, I never ever had to. I naturally had this type of body. I'd literally ate junk for four days and nothing happened. I mean, I did get the shits for a few days, but that's it.

I grabbed an orange, a couple of cheese sticks, and a small glass of my aunt’s drink then headed to the club.

I love this club. It's decorated in deep red furniture, dark carpet, and beautiful stages with pulls. It makes it feel less like work when I turn on all the overhead lights. They don't get used as much as all the other ones.

I sipped my drink while I walked around making sure that all the furniture is arranged correctly, then I go and start some music while I punch in. I love syncing my phone with the loud sound system. Let’s have it blast 'Cool Kids' by Echosmith instead of the music it regularly plays.

I grabbed the Swiffer and headed to the stage. I love prepping and cleaning up. Because I can be myself and dance around to regular music. I'm not a great regular dancer. I dance around cleaning the whole stage and the others dotted around, then I vacuumed the carpet before I got a call.

It was the delivery guy. He brought in case after case of alcohol and boxes of booze.

“Looks like we have our hands full.” Micah says walking out of the back.

I turned and smiled at him, Micah had worked here as a bartender for a year now and he was great. Not to mention hot. Micah was built with thick shoulders and perfect abs. His silver-gray hair and blue eyes make the girls swoon and it makes him look a lot older than he really is.

In truth, he's like my best friend and is a super hard worker. Aunt Crystal jokes around saying that we should get married and she'll leave everything to the two of us but I just roll my eyes every time that type of stuff comes up.

Micah walked over and kissed my cheek, “Should we get started?”

I nod and smile. We sorted all the drinks and got them put away before aunt Crystal got back.

“Place looks good honey.” she said taking a glance around, “Did you get everything taken care of?”

“We sorted the shipment boss.” Micah smiled.

She smiled too, “Thanks, baby. When are you gonna knock up my niece? Then she'll have to marry you.”

I rolled my eyes, “Then you'd lose one of your best dancers for at least a year.”

She shrugged smiling, “It's the marriage I'm worried about, I don't care how it happens.”

“I don't think our relationship is quite that serious.” Micah chuckled.

“Everything is good, I just have to check the lights.” I said, trying to change the subject.

She nodded, “Ok go and change, I'll take care of the lights.”

I nodded too, “Alright.”

I was almost out of the room when- “You look great Amber.” Micah called.

I chuckled and went to change. That's another thing I liked about Micah, he liked me even when I was dressed like this.

It didn't take me long to get showered and dressed. Or should I say undressed? Tonight was pastel night so I was in a string bikini with booty shorts that were strung up the sides. Of course, they were pastel pink mermaid sequinned. I rubbed my hands on my but and smiled as they turned silver.

Of course, aunt Crystal had said that the customers would love it, and they would.

I pulled on a yellow flowy tube top summer dress to cover myself till we actually opened. I grabbed a turkey sandwich before going back to the club.

Micah was handing aunt Crystal a cocktail as I made my entrance.

“Let me see.” She said lifting up my dress.

I saw Micah blush and turn away. He was so cute.

“It's great. Don't you think Micah?” My aunt asked sitting back down at the bar.

“She's beautiful, as always.” He said winking at me.

It was my turn to blush.

Pretty soon the girls and techs working tonight came in and hit the time clock.

“Alright, everyone.” My aunt said as we all crowded around the bar. “Let’s make tonight as great as always.”

“Cheers.” We all said in unison and took our customary single half shot.

I shuddered as the alcohol burned down my throat and I stripped off my dress.

When I pulled it over my shoulders I saw that Micah was staring at me.

That became a regular occurrence throughout the night. Every time I let my eyes wander or I shot a glance at the bar, Micah always seemed to be looking at me. It became a little worse when I switched to waitressing halfway through the night.

It's not as though it was a lustful look like I got from all the men in the club, but it was tender and admiring. Even though I didn't mind it, it was weird that he was doing it at all.

After I'd gathered all the glasses as the last customer was leaving, I walked into the kitchen to wash them.

Micah was there washing his hands. “Hey.” He said smiling when he noticed me.

“Hey yourself.” I smiled back.

He stood by while I began to wash the glasses.

“I'm sorry I've been staring tonight.” He began, “I mean I've seen you in fewer clothes, but tonight you seemed different.”

“Different how?” I asked curiously.

“I don't know.” He shrugged, “But, and I hope you don't mind me saying this, I've just been wondering what it'd be like to worship your body, not just want to fuck you like every other guy here tonight.”

I felt a shiver go down my spine.

I wasn't used to hearing him talk like this, his voice low and deep, full of meaning and intent. It gave me a type of seductive fervor that I'd never felt before.

“I haven't really ever had that kind of thing.” I breathed frozen in place.

I felt his finger run across my shoulder, “Maybe you need to.” And he walked out.

I breathed a sigh of relief as he left. That was tense and made me feel a weird warmth spread through my body.

After I clocked out I went back to my room, showered and changed into a t-shirt, and went downstairs to sit on the deck.

I stared at the stars wondering what had happened with Micah. He'd sounded so sure and confident and that was so sexy. To have a man, who I was attracted to, say those types of things to me. It had me getting wet just thinking about it.

“Mind if I join you?”

I jumped. Micah was smiling at me from the sliding door.

“S-Sure. What are you doing here?” I asked a feeling swelling in my chest.

“Crystal said I could spend the night.” He said sitting next to me, “And I wanted to talk to you some more.”

I sighed and decided maybe breaking rule 1 wouldn't be awful. Maybe I could make him a regular. I slid over, closing the distance between us, “From your words, you wanted more than to just talk.”

He chuckled and placed his hand on my cheek, making me look at him. “I'd love to do more, but you never seemed interested. After all, you do have rules.”

I smiled leaning forward, “Rules are made to be broken.”

He closed the distance and kissed me. It was slow at first but we quickly deepened it.

I urged him to stand and I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. He slid the door open and closed it, walking through the house to one of the guest rooms.

I released his waist and stripped my shirt off leaving myself naked in front of him, then slid onto the bed. He stripped his shirt and his pants off then climbed on top of me.

I grunted in frustration as I realized he still had his boxers on.

“Patience.” He whispered, kissing my neck. “I'm giving you what you deserve.”

He kissed his way across my whole body before slipping his tongue into my folds.

He was right. I'd never had this before. He did more than just please me, he made love to me. I could feel the feeling through every movement and every touch.

I'd had sex before, and I enjoyed it but I'd never been praised by a man like this. And I'd never felt like this. I craved him, every part of him. I wanted to please him just as much as he was pleasing me. I wanted to taste him and make him cum just like he was doing to me.

As I came he slid his boxers off and kissed me again.

“I wasn't planning on this.” He whispered against my lips. “I didn't bring-”

“Forget it.” I said grabbing the back of his neck and crushing my lips against his.

“Isn't it one of your rules?” He asked positioning himself.

“Fuck it.” I moaned wanting him inside me.

He built me up again and soon we were cuddling in the bed my back pressed against his chest and his hands massaging little circles on my hips.

“I've never felt closer to someone.” He said kissing the back of my neck.

“Me neither.” I sighed in contentment.

“What are you going to do about your rules?” He asked.

I went over them in my head.

Amber's Sex Rule Number 1: Never Sleep With co-workers and anyone who can track me down

Way Broken.

Amber's Sex Rule Number 2: NEVER Catch Feelings

Broken.

Amber's Sex Rule Number 3: ALWAYS Use Protection

Super Broken

Amber's Sex Rule Number 4: Never Sleep Over

Definitely breaking that.

Amber's Sex Rule Number 5: Never Walk In Shame

That would never happen.

Amber's Sex Rule Number 6: NEVER Imagine A Future

But I could. A future of more of this.

Amber's Sex Rule Number 7: Follow It Up With A Shower

We could do that together.

“I'm making another rule.” I smiled.

“What's that?”

“Rule Number 8: Disregard Any Rules Needed To Follow Your Heart.”

I smiled as he chuckled, “Does this mean we're a thing?” I nodded and turned around and pressed my body into his.

I'd had sex before but this time, it’d taken on a whole new meaning.

July 09, 2021 04:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.