0 comments

Drama Funny High School

Spensa is in the last year of her high school . She's supposed to attend a get together for dinner today with her classmates. However she hasn't even talked to all of them properly as she never really liked too much socializing . So she was nervous and wished she could come up for a reason to not attend . Eventually she ran out of time and started getting ready . She reached there in a couple of minutes and exchanged greetings and fake smiles . She was already exhausted but little did she know this was just the beggining . Henry one of her classmates was arranging food today . He was an extrovert unlike spensa and he barely had a conversation with her but he had a crush on her secretly . He saw her sitting in the corner alone and thought that he should finally talk to her . But he was dating a girl named Alice who also happened to be in the same class . She was the most popular girl in high school yet her personality was not as beautiful as her appearance . She asked Henry out last week because she thought he liked her as she saw him looking at her often in class . But it was spensa who Henry always looked at in class alice just happened to sit near her . Henry had lost hope that he would ever get a chance with spensa so he started dating alice . He regrets that now because she is very clingy and dominant . Alice dragged Henry to sit with her and spensa sat right Infront of Henry . The situation was very intense and awkward at the same time . Everyone else were eating and enjoying thier food while henry kept looking at spensa. Spensa eventually noticed it and was confused . Ever since he dated alice she had been a little sad because she liked him and he was the only one who used to greet her everyday . But she went with it . Alice noticed the tension and started getting a little jealous . She tried to flirt with henry everyone rolled thier eyes while spensa went outside to get some fresh air . Later Alice sneaked into the kitchen and poured a lot of spicy chill powder in spensa's food . When spensa ate it she started freaking out she hates spicy food . Her friend Jane took her away and gave her some juice . Henry saw Alice smiling when it all happened. Later when Spensa arrived Alice started a conversation and kept mocking her about her outfit and lack of friends . That made Henry really angry he grabbed her wrist and took her outside to talk . Alice started acting aggressive and kept saying she deserved it and forcefully tried to kiss him . Henry pushed her away and broke up with her that instant . He went to apologize to spensa but saw everyone staring . It seemed like they heard the entire conversation. They all were shocked to see that side of Alice as she pretended to be kind and nice infront of people . Henry walked up to spensa , she told him he can talk about it if he wanted and he told her how exhausted he was . Eventually as the conversation developed he confessed to her and she was shocked . A few of their classmates were eavesdropping and were even more shocked. Seems like nobody really knew their classmates well . Spensa told him she liked him too and he was so happy that he grabbed her hand and kissed her . Everyone peeking gasped . Henry looked behind but saw nothing. Later they went back to where everyone was. Alice was too embarrassed so she went home. But she took Billy with her a guy who had a crush on her for a year . He was flushed and went along . Chris who came with Billy was cringing and went after them because Billy had the keys of the car . Everyone were laughing at that . All of that was fun but the main course of dinner was still left and people were hungry . So when the food arrived everyone digged in . Spensa was happy but she was so hungry from all of that and started eating really fast . Henry was astonished to see that side of her because she always seemed like the shy girl who didn't like to eat much . Chris finally came back but the food was almost over so he took a plate and ate quickly. It finally seemed like a normal get together for them. Everyone was happy after the food . They started conversations and everyone were talking about what they would do after highschool. Spensa was mostly listening but she felt happy that she finally got to know people better and regretted not talking to them sooner. She made two new friends marina and anna . They seemed to understand and like her. Three of them were having conversations of their own when anna told them that she liked billy and was sad about the fact that he went with alice . Marina comforted her and told her it was only a matter of fact before she ditched billy and he realized what an awful choice that was . It cheered anna up and spensa was laughing . But to thier surprise Billy was standing in the door sulking he told chris that alice was mean and told him to go away instantly. Marina was laughing hard at that but she had to admit it even she didn't expect her prediction to come true that quickly. Anna told her to stop and went ahead to cheer billy up . Marina rolled her eyes at that . She started complaining how this gathering was turning into a romantic dating station and that she was glad to have spensa with her . But as she turned around Henry had already took spensa away . She groaned and wished she could go home. After an hour it started getting dark . Billy and Chris went home first. Marina and anna said goodbye to spensa and headed to their car . Henry told spensa he would drop her so she agreed. They reached and she stepped outside the car and thanked henry . He grabbed her hand before she left and told her how he appreciated everything that happened today . She was flushed but didn't show it and went inside. She layed in bed while trying to process everything that happened . She expected the gathering to be messy but it was way more dramatic. She thought to herself that atleast one good thing happened and went to bed.

June 27, 2021 12:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.