Space Diaries: Welcome to Earth

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Start your story with someone accepting a dare.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Speculative

Hell, a beautiful place filled with lava and it's vengeful heat and demons like us chained in pain. The sky is as red as blood flowing through the veins of hell as lava fuelling life for the creatures that dwell here.

Agony and pain wherever you can see, we are trapped here as long as the sun lives, crying for freedom, but there is no escape.

There is no hope at all, nonetheless we kept trying to break our chains, and one of us did manage to escape.

We were hoping he would free as all, but he came back with nothing but loss.

"I am sorry..." Dingy whispered embarrassed by his loss.

"How did it happen?" Buer asked in a desperate voice.

"Downspring was his name."

"A human sent you back?"

"Yes..."

"Haha, he got his ass beat up by a human," Doyle laughed.

"He's not a regular human, and he wasn't alone."

"What do you mean?" Buer asked in a curious tone.

"He had a Corphelian with him."

"A Corphelian in earth? You sure?"

"Yes... He was the one that controlled my powers and threw me up before they sent be back here."

"Umm..."

We had nothing to say, nonetheless we got another chance, but it's our last hope of getting freedom, and even our best member couldn't make it, So we have to plan and choose wisely, elderly demons were in deep discussion about this.

"I honestly thought Dingy would free us all," my friend Pam commented.

"Well he didn't," I replied with a sigh.

"Yeah... And now we got only chance left."

"Tell something new."

"I know how to use the portal."

"What?"

"The portal, I can open it for us to escape."

"You kidding? Only one person can go."

"I know."

"And it's our last chance, and you aren't strong enough for this."

"That's why, you are gonna do it."

"Stop joking around, why would I do it? To get blamed for wasting our last chance to escape?"

"No, you are gonna do it, because I dare you to."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, I dare you to escape to earth."

"Well, you sure? I won't be here to get blamed, if things go wrong, but you are gonna be here."

"Well, what's worse than hell, I will manage, now I need your help to steal the portal device, and once we have it, I will send you there."

"Fine my friend, it won't be much of a difficulty."

So, I stole the portal device in ease, nothing much to say about it.

"Wow, you are so sneaky."

"Yeah yeah, I know. Now, open the portal, fast, before they find out it's missing."

"Don't worry, I will open it, just stay back, while it opens, it runs on huge power."

"Oki doki friend."

He said some Latin words, which I didn't know, and it began to open and started emitting bright blue light.

"Thank you friend," Pam said with a cunning wicked smile.

He started running towards the portal only to be pulled back in a jerk by his chain.

"You thought I was that dumb?"

"You-"

"I mean, thank you friend."

I threw him away and walked towards the portal, I felt the freedom waiting for me on the other side, a new open world.

I looked back at my "friend" and saw demon soldiers coming towards me, "Goodbye hell," I whispered before I stepped inside the portal.

A second later I saw myself standing on a wooden floor. Yes! Finally! Something other than lava floors! I felt the nourishing air, not the dull hot air like in hell, this place had a different aura, a good one.

Suddenly I realised I can't be in this form, I needed a human form, I need to find someone, I walked around the little room, and I sensed something moving in the bed. It was a little girl covered in blanket, sleeping peacefully. I moved my hand towards her and slowly touched her head, and whispered, "Da mihi identitatem."

My giant hands began to shrink and turn from black to pale, I felt myself becoming shorter and within seconds I was a little girl.

"Thank you," I whispered as I patted the girl's head before I took my leave from the room.

I climbed down the stairs and was greeted by an old woman.

"Good morning Sara dear! Wow! You woke up early today."

"Ahem... Can I get some water."

"Sure, why are you asking? It's always in kitchen."

"Ah, I forgot, sorry."

"Aw, dear, you must be sleepy."

I slipped into kitchen, the window was wide open, I looked back. The old woman wasn't looking at me, I jumped through it and landed the other side on grass.

I gently brushed my palms through the green grass, it felt so soft, so good, I don't how to say, I have never touched a plant before, it was something new, something delightful.

In front of me was a road with a lot of cars and bikes I have never seen before, colorful and effective. And houses all along the black stretch of road.

I looked up, it was blue! Yes! The sky! The sun and his clouds were like king and his soldiers guarding the sky. Damn, how I missed out all of these, I was so happy to be free.

"I AM FINALLY FREEEEE!" I gave a scream of joy as I danced through the grass and walked my way while singing my way with a happy smile throughout my face.

Pedestrians I met on the way were confused by my glowing face with a never ending smile, "Have a good day sir!" I smiled at everyone.

"You too Sara! You seem very happy! Is there a reason you could tell?"

"I am free! ah- I mean today is a holiday!"

"Oh, good for you! Enjoy your holiday! So glad to see you this happy."

I smiled and walked away. I realised I shouldn't hang anywhere near where they could recognise "Sara." So I took a ride to another city, a few miles away. On my way I admired everything on my sight, a beautiful lake, fields of corn and scarecrows, everything, just brought me so much happiness.

The bus came to a stop. The fresh air brushed past my hair. While everything was so pleasant, suddenly I felt a touch in my shoulder and I looked back in reflex.

"Hello there!" It was a boy in the same size of the girl, who's form I took.

"Hi?"

"Well, my name is Brandon, and I love singing."

"Cool. But why are you telling me this?"

"Umm-"

"Sorry, I got other works to do, bye."

"Wait!"

"What do you want kiddo?"

"Well, do you see them?" he pointed a bunch of boys standing on the other side of road.

"Yes. What's with them?"

"They dared me to speak to you."

I smiled, hiding the laughter. Well, I was here only because of a dare.

"Well, you did a good job."

"Thank you! Have a great day!"

"You too!"

The boy crossed the road and joined his friend on the other side, I smiled at them and continued by exploration.

Malls, parks, movie theatres, restaurants, tall buildings and colonies of houses, wherever I went there was something fascinating.

Soon, it was noon, and thinking about how much I have seen in so less time was just mind-blowing, and thinking how much I could see if I live here for the rest of my life, made me overjoyed.

While I was involved in my beautiful thinking inside an air-conditioned mall,I suddenly heard a scream. I looked around and saw a man with a gun holding a lady in his hands and pointing the gun at her head.

"Give me all the money! Or I shoot this lady!"

All the humans inside started to panic, he went to the cashier and repeated the words. She opened the drawer and he gave her a bag to fill up.

"Ahem-" I stood up.

"What do you want little girl?"

"I want you to leave her, ask sorry and go away."

"Oh- I am scared, please forgive me." he began mocking and laughing.

"That's a terrible one," I said as I pounced on him pushing him to the ground.

"What the hell-"

"Oh little man, are you scared?" I held his neck by my hands and gave an eerie stare at his eyes, eyes that were frightened to death from what he saw inside me. I signalled the lady to move away and so she did.

"Leave me! Save me! This is a monster!"

I punched his face once, I loved it as he spitted blood and cried in pain, I couldn't stop it, I punched again, this time his teeth broke out, I raised my hands for another punch when suddenly I felt something holding my hand.

"Enough," A boy in purple suit was holding my hand.

I stood up from the man and turned to the boy, he stared at me.

"Is everyone ok?"

"Yes! We are alright!" Everyone started to cheer and surround him.

"Good, the cops will come soon and carry him, I will go now, have a great day y'all!"

"Can I get a selfie?" ,"Autograph please?" ,"Wow! It's Downspring! Hi!"

People loved him, I could see. Well, he's the human that Dingy told about, that sent him back to hell, I was in alert.

"Come with me," I heard a voice and felt a hand holding wrist, I looked at his face, it was a classic teenager boy, I realised who he was from the way he held my hand, and so I went with him.

We went to an empty space in the parking lot.

"Now tell me, who are you?"

"I- I am-"

"I know you are a demon."

I was speechless.

"Well, you know, when the portal opens it sends a signal out, which is really easy to track."

"I am no harm."

"Hmm, that's for us to decide," he said as another boy came out from a car parked besides us.

"Meet my friend, Prav."

"Hello Prav, I am Lilith."

"Seriously? You revealed your secret identity to a demon?"

"Well, let's be open, this demon seems like a good person."

"Huh? It's a demon, there's a reason it was sent to hell."

"No, there is no reason." I replied with haste.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, hell is just another planet used for keeping prisoners who lost in war against Marco-Hendrix"

"Who's that?"

"Uh, I thought I told you. He's a conquerer of planets. He throws those who disobeys him, in hell."

"Ahhh..."

I waited for them to finish their little talk, Downspring seemed nice.

"Please don't send me back there, I beg you."

"Well, I won't, unless you do something irrational."

"Thank you!"

"Umm- but it's too dangerous."

"Well, we have the book, if she does something wrong, we can send her back anytime."

"Yes! And I promise I won't do anything like that!"

"See, she's good."

I smiled at them as cute as I could.

"Aw- ok."

"Yay! Thank you!"

"Of course, now we are going to school, do you wanna come with us?"

"Well, yeah, bringing a demon to class will be fun."

"Sure! Well I don't have anywhere else to go," I laughed.

"Oki then! Let's go!"

"Wait! You aren't driving Ling!

"Aw.. ok.. Call your driver."

I looked out of the window as the car sped through the highway.

Cars and bikes and busses running in the highway like us. Little humans walking in the footpath smiled at me as I waved at them shouting, "Have a great day!"

The boys inside the car laughed at my overjoyed self, I smiled at them , "You know, it's so happy to be free."

"Seeing you happy makes us happy too," Ling smiled.

"Well, now I have another super-powered friend," Prav muttered.

"Ha well, don't you have any powers?"

"Nope, he doesn't."

"Uhh, who needs powers, I have my brain."

We laughed, and the driver said, "We arrived."

I stepped out, it was a brown building with many children entering and leaving and some eating lunch.

"Welcome to my school," Ling said as if it was the intro of a movie.

But yes, I was sure it was holding a ton of exciting things, and what matters is that, I am free! And yes, that's it! I was so happy as I stepped inside the compound, and looked at the children playing on slide and see-saw and older ones playing soccer and badminton.

My first day at earth was a beautiful one, the feeling of freedom and happiness overwhelmed into tears of joy. I felt a hand wiping those tears off, the same hand that held my wrist and brought me here, letting me live here, I smiled at him happily before we both began to walk inside the beautiful brown building.

************

May 16, 2021 11:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.