0 comments

Christmas Drama Fiction

It is a magical christmas eve , where all places are covered with white snow radiating peace . The air around is filled with joy , happiness and excitements. Michael and Sara walking down the lane gleeful by the sight of children plying and running around and also the decoration and lightings in every house sets up the mood for christmas. They both were married only a month ago , both were part of a local rock band but quiet famous in their surroundings. Michael is on of the guitarist and Sara is the drummer of their band, On this christmas eve they were going to participate in a concert among the famous bands around the country are participating. Its going to be the largest show of this year and the people this town never seen before, The funds collected were going for the charity. As this was their first christmas after their marriage it is gonna be a memorable one for both of them.

A huge stage was erected at the center of the town and it is the biggest one ever held in that town. It is only half past six already a huge mob is inside the venue , In front of the stage workers were moving in hurry and working on technical arrangements and the light shows which is going to happen in half an hour. Michael and Sara was almost late to the venue , they used the back door of the stage to meet their band . The door opened to a huge hall were all the members of the band came to perform were enhancing their appearance and preparing their instruments. It didn’t take much time to find their friends , They were at the end of the hall looks like they were waiting for them . Both were rushed and showed a gesture of apologize there were three of them two male and a female , the female named Anna was the singer of their band . Anna gave a grin an accepted the apology and told everyone to buckle up quickly as they are going to perform next.

 Everyone were on their position ready to beam their energy in the form of music. Sara is facing a huge crowd of people that she never seen in her life , the people around were in a state that they forget the past and didn’t care about the future and the things matters is the happiness and enjoyment in the present. She can feel the aroma of the energy and vibe radiating from the crowd , she knows that they want to deliver a performance that they never did before. They planned to give their masterpiece which they are practicing since the start of the band . Sara looked at Michael and he gave a look that everything going to be great . When Anna gave the signal to start , the band came to life with everyone of them were on full throttle , Sara hands were rapidly beating the drum with the drumsticks never before and the sound of crowd cheering and the sound of music were fighting for their dominance .This shows that the people were very much enjoying their performance ,when the performance nears the end after the last beat of drumstick came from Sara with a bang the stage starts to collide . She saw Michael was falling to the pit and in no time she also on the ground moving down with the stage, It is a huge stage that it covers larger area and knocked down electrical wires and ignites the cracker kept for celebration, soon the place were in a hell of a fire people were scattering and running for life. Sara was down and there is injuries due to falling debris from the stage when she look around for Michael it was full of fire all around with her next move a beam slide down and hit in her head and fell unconscious.

                                 Sara woke up at the same place where she got the hit but the place was deserted with no sign of people but she was surrounded by blood and fire still burning high , She saw a small child literally crawling away from her where there is a beam hanging waiting to fall at anytime . She shouted but the child were keep on moving in next second she was on his legs rushing to save the child , She caught the child the moment the beam fall on her if she fell unconscious the child will get smashed . her eyes were starts to blur and caught the glimpse of blurry image of the child’s face and fall with a thud. 

                                      Sara woke up in a dark room and took a gulp of air and looked for the child but she was in her home with medical devices around her , suddenly she felt a mild pain in her abdomen and shouted for her mother . Her mother and brother came rushing to the room and hugged her , She felt bit worried and disappointed as she didn’t see Michael. She was shooting with questions about Michael and the incident to her mother. Tears were rolling down on Sara’s mother and she gave a gesture to look the window. The window was half the size of her covered with a curtain facing the backyard where her fathers tombstone was there. Whenever she felt helplessness she sat besides her fathers tombstone and finds a way and gathered strength to face anything but last time she sat there was before her marriage.

                                     When Sara tries to move her body she felt numbness and her brother helps to make her sit , she didn’t feel her body but there is a mild sharp pain in her abdomen now she came to know that there is something different in her body. She struggled to move near the window when she moves the curtain a beam of sunlight brightens the room . It took sometime for her to adjust her eye to the brightness but longer than usual,She cant able to see any snow around and gave a look of confusion to her mother , her mother showed the date in the calender hanging nearby and it shows May . Now everything comes to light for Sara for the reason of her numbness and all, when she looked through the window where her fathers tombstone was laid under a tree but there is something more an another tombstone cover by the fallen leaves from the tree, her heart starts beating faster and everything starts to swirl around her , she caught a nearby table for balance and gazed her for answers to confirm her assumptions .

                                  Sara’s mother wiped the tears rolling down and said that the disaster on christmas caused due to some mishaps on the constructions and she was in coma due to the blow in her head for the past six months , Michael was dead on the same place due to heavy injury and fire burns. Sara with a sudden thought she asked about any child near her on the site of disaster, Her mother said that she don’t know about any child but the only child she cares is the one inside you .When the doctor inspected you last week told that you are pregnant but there is less probability to you to come out of this condition , We were both happy and worried , then the doctor told that it is better to abort because the survival rate of the child in your body is low at this condition and we were in a dilemma to make the choice but now by god’s grace you were up.

                                         Sara move slowly to the door open to the backyard, once the door was opened the summer sunlight fall on her now she can feel the warmth around her body . Slowly moves towards the gravestone of his father and husband’s and sat in between . She slowly kept her hand in her stomach and tries to feel the life inside then suddenly a cold wind on this hot summer rubbed past her . Then she closed her eyes and made her mind to endure to face anything to look after her family .

June 24, 2021 12:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.