0 comments

Friendship Funny Happy

Once upon a time, there was a woman named Vanessa no older than 42 age that lived in Los Angeles, California all her life. Back in her days, she was the popular one in high school and college. All the boys liked her and everyone wanted to be her friend. They always invited Vanessa to all the parties, and she had lots of fun. But now them days are over. She graduated from high school and college. Now she is one of the top doctors in Los Angeles.

Now today she’s divorced once with two kids 5 and 8. Things were hard for her after the divorce three years ago. But she could pull through it for the sake of her kids. And that’s what she did and living a happy life. She had gotten a big promotion today at work. And you know what that means, more money. Vanessa was so excited about the glorious news.

But it is bittersweet because she didn’t have anyone to share the good news with. It would’ve been nice, Vanessa said in her head. But she was still happy with where her life had gone, she thought to herself. She also thought in her head, I will find someone to love me one day if I have any time. It would be nice to run into someone, but it’s been too long and I am too old.

No more parties and dates for me at this age, especially with two little kids. Let me just get that happy ending out of my head, Vanessa said. Since she was at home now, she checked on the kids and was sound asleep. So Vanessa went to her room at hopped in the shower from a long day of work. Once she got and got dressed, she went downstairs to fix herself some leftover spaghetti and garlic bread. Vanessa grabbed her food out of the microwave and proceeded back upstairs to her room. As she laid in bed eating her food watching a romance movie, Vanessa thought, I am always sitting here at home on a Friday night when I don’t have to work doing the same thing.

She ate her food and went downstairs to put her plate and cup in the sink. Vanessa turned all the lights out and made sure that I had locked the doors for safety. She went back upstairs and snuggled back under her covers. But she wasn’t sleepy yet, so she put on another movie but this time it was an action movie. After a while, she found her eye slowly going down as she fell asleep with the movie still playing.

Waking up to the sound of her kids running into her room and jumping on the bed. Going morning mom, good morning kids. Vanessa got up and to fix the kids some breakfast. Pancakes anyone, me the kids said. Now in the kitchen, she made the kids some pancakes, eggs, and some bacon. Breakfast, Vanessa yelled, then here came the kids running down the stairs to the table. As the kids ate, Vanessa wondered what she was going to do with her day after playing with the kids for a few hours.

As Vanessa and the kids played, she looked at her phone and seen that it was time to put the kids in the tube and straight to bed. When done, they went to bed; she went around to their rooms and tucked them into bed, saying I love my angels and they replied love you too mommy. She turned the lights out and close the door. As she walked away and went downstairs, she hopped on the couch, turning on the TV. Vanessa went through the channels and couldn’t find anything to watch. But her phone had rung.

It’s my friend Crystal. I wonder what she wants, so I answered. Hello, Hey Vanessa what you doing right now? Nothing but the same thing, watching nothing on the TV. Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my birthday party tonight. Tonight, Vanessa replied. Aren’t you too old to be having a birthday party? Nope, age ain’t nothing. I’m living my life, Crystal said. But anyway, the party starts at 9 so will you come so we can catch up? Hum Hum, please, said Crystal. Huh, okay, let me call the babysitter and see if she can watch the kids. Okay, great, I will text you the address of the place. Okay, bye.

Vanessa got on the phone with the babysitter and asked her, could you come and watch the kids for a few hours? Sure said the babysitter, I would love to. Why so late? My friend invited me to her birthday party replied Vanessa. That’s great you finally got out of the house but why your face looks like that. I am very nervous because I haven’t been to a party in a long time no less than I don’t know a lot of the people that are going to be there. Well, everything is going to be fine and you have some fun. Just go in there and be yourself. Okay, we will see replied Vanessa.

Vanessa looked at her phone. Shoot, I’m going to be late for the party, I better get going. See you later, the babysitter said. Okay, I will call you when I’m on my way home from the party okay bye. Bye!! Vanessa made her way to the party, and it was many people in and outside. Vanessa walked in with that same nervousness that she had on her face before she left home. She really didn’t know anyone, and it made her feel uncomfortable. So she made her way to the back tables and had a seat. Guys came up to her trying to talk to her, but she was acting too shy and she was nervous. Vanessa hasn’t talked to other people besides her friends and patients.

Soon enough her friend Crystal walked in, entering. She said hello to everyone and thanked everyone for coming. But now it was time to party. Vanessa's friend walked off stage she notices her seating in the back and she ran right over. Why are you sitting in the back? Just nervous and don’t know too many people here. You don’t have to be nervous, here take this glass of wine and loosen up. We are going to have fun today. A few glasses of wine later, Vanessa had loosened up.

And then her friend came over and grabbed her hand to pull her onto the dance floor. Vanessa started dancing slowly but then she shook her nervous off and started having some real fun. Vanessa danced the night away until it was time for her to go. So she said bye to the people she just met, then to her good friend Crystal. You had a good time? I sure did say, Vanessa. Now I’m about to go home to the kids. Okay, talk to you tomorrow. Bye. As she drove home, she had a big smile on her face, saying that wasn’t that bad.

Vanessa pulled up in the driveway and the babysitter came to open the door for her. Hey, how was the party? It was great, and I had a lot of fun for the first time in a long time. That’s great to hear. By the way, the kids woke up and so we just watched a movie eating popcorn but now they're back in bed fast asleep. Thank you so much, I don’t know what I will do without you replied Vanessa. Vanessa paid the babysitter, and she walked out the door saying see you tomorrow. Vanessa replied okay bye.

While she got ready for be all just keep thinking that sometimes you have to put yourself out there to make yourself happy. She turned off the light to tell herself good night.

May 13, 2021 09:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.