2 comments

Romance

“Help, I’m stuck, someone please help me. “ There was a lone yell and scream that no one could hear. A fire, the whole cottage was on fire, the scream was deafening to the whole scene, but alas no one to hear. The person stuck could hear the people outside attempting to put out the fire. But they could not gauge the intensity of the fire inside the cottage. The person was staying in the cottage for a few days as a relaxed stay after a hectic work schedule. A spark triggered a huge fire which started engulfing the whole cottage. Just then the person stuck inside could hear someone screaming “Is anyone there please throw something out which could help me find you. “ The person took something which was lying next to him and threw out of the window. It was a small spoon, the only thing that could be easily gotten from the kitchen where he was stuck. This was a perfect sign to locate the place where the victim was stuck. The fire fighters were finding it very difficult to put out the fire. Just then the brave heart arrived without any extra outfit to protect against fire, jumped into the cottage. People around were awestruck by the sudden entry of the brave soul. The fire which had almost gulped the entire cottage was not a fear factor to the brave heart. The brave soul barged in to save the grief struck victim. The victim was sobbing hard and when he saw his saviour, he just ran towards the brave heart and hugged her. He fainted in her arms exhausted by the fire attack. She was flabbergasted by his sudden action. She thought “ A man has fainted in my arms , it sounds silly and weird but it’s actually true a well built muscular bodied soul is scared of fire and has fallen on my tiny contour “ Though she was a woman , she was a well trained cadet who was capable of handling any disastrous situation. Jeffry the trained fire fighter without much difficulty carried him on his shoulder and pushed through the flames of fire and brought him to a safe place where the intensity of the flames was much less .

She put him down on the ground and looked around for water to revive him back to consciousness. She could find a little jug filled with water. She just took some water and splashed on his face. He didn’t budge; with one huge splash she emptied the whole jug on his face, a crude method to revive a person to conscious. “Oh My God, what was that, “he sprang up yelling with a scream. He saw a damsel in front of him. “Oh, Gosh, I’m dead I’m dead, I’m in heaven, are you an angel” He looked around to see the smoke covered vicinity. “Oh, Yes, my soul is wandering in heaven” “Are you an angel “Jeffry laughed aloud “Yes I’m an angel I have saved you from a deathly fire” Stephen gasped his breath and started coughing and looked around, the whole vicinity was covered with smoke.  “Oh, God, just for a moment I thought I was dead” “Who are you, how did you get in “. “Let me introduce myself, I’m a trained fire fighter, the cottage that you are staying in is almost turned into ashes, you are lucky to have chosen a basement cabin to protect yourself. There is nothing to worry about, we are safe here. But we have to find a way to get out of here, my squad is trying hard to put out the fire”

Stephen heaved a heavy breath,” Ugh, why me, it’s always me who has to face all these consequences” He just pushed himself on the ground and started sobbing. Jeffry was a bit surprised to see a hefty man sobbing uncontrollably. She just sat next to him and consoled him by holding his hand in her palm. He just hugged her tight and sobbed. “Please control yourself, you are in safe hands, we will be rescued by our professional team. “ “No, when my angel is next to me I need not worry” Jeffry smiled ,” Oh you are making me feel like a real angel, Now I’m in seventh heaven”.  

“No you do understand, I’m Pyrophobic means fear of fire, I cannot even stand a slight ignite and now I’m stuck amidst fire. You have entered like an angel to protect me from this dreadful beast ““Oh, this is a case of psychiatry, I have to handle it very carefully “Jeffry thought for her. She tried to distract him from the grievous situation. “So, Stephen, tell me something about you so that it won’t be difficult to kill time”.” Jeffry, my sweet angel, you won’t believe what kind of pain I have gone through in my life” “I’m ready to hear, please continue”.

“I was born for a poor man and my mother’s family were also financially weak”. “My mother succumbed to a deadly disease “. “Due to our financial conditions my father couldn’t save her from deathly hands.” “I lost my mother when I was just a 10 year old kid.” “My father married another woman who was very cruel and harsh towards me”.”Like a fairy tale vamp she bullied me, each and every minute. She used to burn my hands if I rejected to do the work ordered by her.” “Hence I got the fear of fire, a pyrophobic, trembling with a slight ignite of fire.” “She has abused me so much that I shiver at the sight of fire and now I was stuck in between the tornado of flames that I fainted at the sight of it.  Thank my stars you arrived as an angel to save me from death”.

Jeffry smiled,”That’s my job, now don’t make me swell up, continue with your story”. “Yeah, as I was very timid and sacred of my step mother my father decided that I should seek the shelter of the bishop who was very kind and gentle. The bishop adopted me and made me a person to be identified. Because of my fear factor I joined Merchant Navy so that I would stay closer to water bodies”. “After a few years I just met Sara who was my colleague in my cantonment. Everything was fine for sometime but she turned out to be disloyal, she deceived me and married a rich business man. This was truly a ghastly incident in my life. Greif stricken I just resigned from the job and took to start my own business. Now I’m among well known business people. “

“Today was a dark day to me, I just lost my senses and look around this cottage is on fire ““Now you are with me like an angel in my life”. He just held her in his arms cajoling her. Jeffry to her dismay though shocked by the sudden reaction accepted his advances and they were in seventh heaven with a rush of emotions they were engulfed in a fire called love and passion.

Stephen, wake up, your chauffer is waiting aren’t you ready yet. Stephen woke up with a shudder. “Its been two decades since that incident that brought us together , yet you dream about the past “. Stephen held his wife in his arms ,”You are my guardian angel ,my saviour and also my most beautiful wife”. Jeffry looked into the mirror with a smile on her face she thought for herself “, Beautiful that’s me I’m so ugly and with a shapeless body yet his love towards me has surpassed all the physically depriving appearances .

October 23, 2020 17:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Dawood Abbasi
21:02 Oct 29, 2020

A nice srory wirh precise pattern and excellent plot. It has images, charms andbproper sequental layout of the events. I enjoyed every bit of reading.

Reply

Arathi Raghuveer
16:58 Oct 31, 2020

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.