0 comments

General

Sometimes it is the sad events and all the frustration that you go through and all the trash life throws at you that makes you realize just what you are doing wrong, what to do right, when to do the right thing and finally when to let go.

No matter how hard it is sometimes you are just left with no choice but to let go and live the way you think is right, make more mistakes learn from it and keep making those precious mistakes and wait till you eventually stumble on the right thing one day and all the mistakes you have made become just memories that you would one day tell others as a story or even as a lesson to take for their own benefit.

Staring at the screen of my phone for what seems like the umpteenth time, I knew this would happen but the little hope I had still drove me to wait and sadly I am ashamed to say it is still that little hope that is making me wait for more hours. I know this is a bad idea and I am just wasting my time but I guess I am kind of use to it now just wait and wait and wait but the result is still the same more waiting

Not other to clean up the mascara that is probably smudged under my eye I sat on my maroon colored couch, took off my shoes and placed my now slightly swollen feet on the center table and grabbed a bowl of ice cream and a spoon from the mini fridge beside the couch, I also turned on the TV but honestly I do not even now what I am watching I am just wallowing in my misery

I had gotten ready like five hours ago and let me tall you moving from my walk-in closet to my peach colored queen sized bed and back wasn't easy at all.

The sound of the door bell brought me out of my thoughts, that is probably my sister Hannah, I know she is here to give me the 'I told you so talk" and I am really not In the mood for that, she told me this is a bad idea right from the start but as usual, I just ignored her, the fake smile on my face vanished when I saw the person at the door.

"Hi, and you must be?"

"Hi, I am Brian your sister's friend she sent me here to check up on you saying something along the lines of having a meeting" The really good looking dirty blond said with a little smile.

"Well thanks but I am fine you can go now I am currently busy" So this is the Brian she told me about pushed the door closed but he stopped it with his foot.

"You can pretend to be nice by at least inviting me in, and by the way what happened to your face you have got something black drying there"

"That is what is currently trending so look it up!" I yelled and stepped aside so he could enter. I gave him a glass of wine and sat on the couch opposite him.

"So do you want to talk about it or....?" He raised a perfectly shaped brow and by now I am sure mine is probably in my hairline.

"I do not know what your talking about, there is nothing to talk about"

"Come on, do not be ridiculous I know that's a smudged mascara from crying for long and don't worry your red puffy eyes definitely isn't the give away". He said with a smile that I am now beginning to hate.

"I do not want to talk about it and precise my feet are hurting" I voiced frustrated, the constant scowl that now seems for have recently gotten married to my face deepened.

"Ok just know if you need to talk to someone then I am just a call away I will put my number in your phone before I go and I am sure your sister would not want me to leave you like this so I will stay a little longer, but for now what do you say I help you massage your feet while you Netflix and chill" By now I am sure I am spotting a huge grin on my face even though I know he might be acting nice just because I am his bestie's sister

Yesterday Brian kind of helped me get my mind off my sorrows and I have decided I would like to live my life like every normal human not with my face to the screen of my phone waiting for a message and that is why I have decided to send the message instead to my so called fiancé

"Dear West, I hope the meeting that has not ended for 2 years now is still holding and I hope you are fine, honestly I do not really care if you are I just want to extend my thanks to that way too long meeting, I did not know someone could spend two years doing a meeting without a break but well it's thanks to that meeting that I have decided to live my life as I like and not based on your decisions. Do not worry about the baby I will take care of him I am sure he would have a much better life without you and precise you would not even be here most of the time, since you were not even here for all the ultrasounds I went for just giving the constant meeting excuse and also, I hope that meeting doesn't end anytime soon and do not bother texting back because I am going to block your number now. Bye and have a nice life".

I smiled as I rubbed my now very obvious five months old baby bump. "Don't worry Adrian mummy loves you way more than you can imagine, it's just you and me now".

That so called two years long meeting also made me realize that waiting is not really that bad in some cases, it gave time to think of my life before going to bed yesterday.

July 07, 2020 21:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.