Wicked Dreams

Submitted into Contest #42 in response to: Write a story that ends in the past.... view prompt

0 comments

General

My psychiatrist can’t figure out why I refuse to go to sleep. Sometimes I have the unique ability to stay awake for 7 days (168 hours) straight. Randy Gardner an American high school student from San Diego, California, who set the record for the longest time a human has gone without sleep. In December 1963/January 1964, 17-year-old Gardner stayed awake for 11 days and 25 minutes (264.4 hours), breaking the previous record of 260 hours held by Honolulu DJ Tom Rounds.

But when I finally do fall to sleep and dream. I have unbelievable dreams that no one should ever have to endure or recall. I had awakened myself from dreaming about being an unwilling witness to a violent hurricane. Now this was no Wizard of Oz or Twister nightmare. I went to bed, but I couldn’t sleep. At 1 a.m., wind started pummeling my ghost infected house. I woke up staring at Mother Goose all the while I’m listening to the radio. I quickly learned that all three of the emergency operation centers were washed away. That’s when I knew me and my new friend Humpty Dumpty sitting on a 6ft wall in the middle of my living room that we were in some serious egg trouble. Then we lost all radio contact.

All night I’d been watching all the African Baboon's trying to find suitable shelter. They had been whining mightily but had stayed rooted. Suddenly I heard a deafening crack, and I yelled, “Run!” Seconds later all the African Baboons who didn’t have enough sense to get out of the storm, smashed into my bricked house. I had escaped to the master bedroom closet in the center of the house. Then I noticed that the walls were heaving, so I raced around the house, opening windows to relieve the pressure build-up and hoping I wasn’t experiencing another poltergeist.

Looking outside, I watched in horror as the African Baboon behind me turned into what looked like a living, breathing monster. The hump of his red butt had lifted, and his butt had expanded, and then the red butt fell off. Finally, his red butt exploded!

All around me, African Baboons had died. I watched them pull the bodies of a many African Baboons out of the mud near my house. Why hadn’t they evacuated? Did they not have enough money for bananas? Even if they hadn’t, they could have gone to a shelter!

My street looks like a picture of Chernobyl after the nuclear blast. It’s all brown, African Baboons are hanging from trees and debris is everywhere. Brown, nasty water is seeping out of the ground.

The looting Baboons survivors arrived early, crawling over the debris like rats. I watched an insane  baboon driving a stolen pickup truck that must have costed $50,000, grab a surviving porch swing and throw it in the back of the stolen truck. The owner of the swing chased him down the street yelling, “That’s my swing!” He threw it out and drove off. Just like a true African Baboon, his attention span was very short. Another time, I saw Leave It to Beaver walk into a store and take what he wanted, and it wasn’t stuff for survival, either. In this nightmare I seen that, disasters in this part of the country have brought out the worst in people. Why, in the hell I couldn’t wake up? Then suddenly I awake with my head still attached to my neck.

Dr. Roy says a baboon featured in your dream, suggests that you may need to be honest about your feelings inside. The other meaning of this dream is to be direct with what you are trying to say.

Before my next visit to Dr. Sigmund Freud that’s what I called him behind his back. Suddenly, I finally passed out from excessive drinking. Lately I had been experiencing Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder, (RBD) is a condition in which I started acting out my dreams while I slept. I found myself staring at an old black and white picture of the Mona Lisa, convinced that everyone I loved and cared for would rather see me dead and pleading with me to commit suicide? They said that I should have done that cowardly act, while locked up in that insane asylum (Bellevue Mental Hospital for the criminally insane). I’m curled up in the fetal position on a cold metal table inside a giant size Alien Spaceship being examined by big heads and big eyes creatures you see in those sci-fy movies with medical instruments straight out of the future.

In my dream, I was in a jungle near the Serengeti, in a vast hallway of plain white marble, suffocating while several pilgrims watched me slowly sinking in quicksand, as my drunken buddies stood around me, talking, as if I wasn't there , as I tried in vain to get back to dry land while I'm gasping for air, they backed away and stared down at me with cold eyes and drunken hearts. At last, I found myself sinking deeper and deeper inside that Alice in wonderland sink hole, cutting off all my air supply. I imagined that two of the nasty drunks had grew tired of waiting for me to die, they pulled me out of the quicksand and began to tie a barbwire noose around my neck and begun to strangle me. I woke up gasping, a failed scream choked in my throat. I couldn’t breathe. I tumbled off the waterbed to the uncarpeted floor and the pressure on my throat had now subsided. I had been strangling myself in my sleep with both hands.

What a surreal nightmare that was. This wouldn't be the last time I tried strangling myself in my sleep.

The alien dream I had two days later seemed as real as any nightmare I’ve ever starred in. It wasn’t anything like the movie Pixel. As revenge for Earth cheating, the aliens launch a massive attack using characters from all sorts of classic video games such as Pac-Man and Centipedes in Washington, D.C. Hey, I don’t even know why that stupid movie came to mind. My real-life dream started off with me sitting on the ledge of that giant clock Big Ben. A huge spaceship is hovering over me as I am afraid, that clock might go off and destroy what’s left of my hearing.  Suddenly the bottom of the decahedron shaped spaceship opens and a bright beam of light shines directly in my purple blood shot eyes. I feel like a piece of metal in which a magnet has gotten hold of me. I resisted the best that I could because I wasn’t about to jump to my death. The UFO is flashing all kinds of psychedelic lights like I’m starring in the movie Hallucination Generation. I see Jar Jar Bink, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and Obi-Wan-Kenobi sitting in coronation throne gold chairs. Ken and Barbie real life dolls were also sitting in those kinds of chairs to. I couldn’t worry about not seeing Luke Skywalker or Blaine Gordon, Barbie's Australian ex-boyfriend, because two 9 foot, three eyed oval head silver no lips aliens were dragging a kicking a screaming me. When we got to the end of the long hallway the doors opened like a Venus fly trap. Inside are all these huge search lights, unrecognizable futuristic gadgets, medical tools, naked alien doctors with no testicles where testicles should be were filling my head up with old western wagon train stories. My insane dreaming  mind ain’t about to willingly lay on that table. They somehow get me on that cold metal slab like table without uttering a word but through some telekinesis alien jargon. I’m thinking about what would Mr. Rogers do in this hypothetical situation until a long 22-inch catheter was rammed into the opening of my wingley warntipple. I wanted to shout to the mountain top but the alien doctor to my left had sealed my mouth shut with a substance that looked like super glue. When one of the ball-less doctors picked up the electric saw looking thing I did need an anesthetic because I passed out from fright. When I awoke my head was attached to the bottom of my four feet. I could have sworn I heard two or three of the nut-less doctors laughing at me. If it wasn’t for Dr. Freud returning my call awakening me. No telling what them Aliens would have done to me. I would see him in the morning.

After my visit with Dr. Sigmund Freud. In which he stated he found my wicked dreams quite just fascinating.  You know they are probably cause from you watching too many alien movies. I wanted to punch him in the mouth, but I don’t think that Judge that recommended him to see me would approve of that. That night after taking a tablet of Thorazine Dr. Roy prescribed I was listening to Anita Baker song when sleep came upon me. I was surprised that this dream started off in color, because generally I dream in black and white. I'm lying on the sandy beach in Euclid, Ohio. The temperature is a balmy 102 degrees and that's hot for Ohio. I turn over to get some much needed sun on my yellow back, when suddenly a snot nose kid stepped on my back, screaming for his mother. When I turned over a 4,400 pound 37 foot alligator was 50 feet away from me. All I could think about at the time was that little brat led that beast to me. If I lived through this, I'd pay the little booger back. I watched a lot of the crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin many times on a Saturday morning. I also watched the movie Crocodile Dundee, 51 times over the course of my favorite movie life. What would Stevie Wonder do, I mean Steve Irwin do facing a serious alligator situation. I know Tarzan would have wrestled with him and broke his jaw, in which we all know is a lot of croc. I got up as quickly as I could and ran over to get the huge umbrella someone left while running away like a scared rabbit. My plan was to stick the umbrella in the alligator’s mouth when he opened it to bite me. I never made it to the umbrella because that alligator or whatever species of reptile that was can run up to 21 miles per hour on land and I was doing about 2 miles an hour on sand. He closed the distances real fast. He bites off my right leg a little pass the knee cap. I can't believe this is actually happening to me. This big green monster alligator is running off with half my leg! I think I'm in shock as I call out to anyone who would listen, to chase that alligator down and bring me my leg back, so that the doctors could sew it back on. Here I am darn near bleeding to death and I want some hero to get my leg back from what looked like a prehistoric alligator. The world's climate had truly shifted when you could find alligators in Ohio of all places. After that I remember waking up in an ICU unit. The first thing I say to the many doctors and nurses surrounding me is, is this hell? I could still feel my missing leg for some reason, and it was throbbing like hell. Calm down John Doe one of the nurses told me. The 7 hour operation was what they called successful. I didn't feel that way because I wanted my missing leg back. The police interrogated me like I made that giant alligator bite half my leg off. It was reported that I kept saying it was the kid, it was the kid, it was the kid, who set me up. Suddenly my girlfriend woke me up and said what kid? Again, I had to look up as to what my alligator dream meant.

To see a wild alligator in your dream foretells a new beginning or changes in your waking life. This dream can also indicate danger in some way. The alligator within your dream can highlight your intuition, your spiritual insights, and the spiritual steps you need to take in the forthcoming future. Because of its association with religion, the alligator can mean that negative aspects signify a danger which will shortly come into your life. The Alligator implies deceit or someone who will cross you! Don’t trust anyone when this symbol appears in a dream. I didn’t even bother to call Dr. Roy.

The very next night without taking any medication. Another wicked dream. I’m standing on the 50 yard line at AT&T Dallas Stadium on Thanksgiving day while the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins were reacting, the Battle of the Little Bighorn, known to the Lakota and other Plains Indians as the Battle of the Greasy Grass and also commonly referred to as Custer's Last Stand, a 12 foot arrow just missed scalping me as I crossed the goal line. The scene shifted and I’m standing inside of a white whale’s mouth beside Jonah. A story in the Old Testament, that Jonah was an Israelite and me a Baptist whom God had called us to be prophet’s, but we refused to accept God’s divine mission and while Jonah left on a sea voyage instead, while I was drowning in a flooded football field end zone. Jonah and the me are saved from drowning when we are swallowed by Moby Dick. What woke me from that dream was when the captain kept announcing who in the hell keeps knocking on his cockpit door demanding to fly the spaceship. It was my old deceased pal Pinky!

I retrieved my laptop to find out what the two separate dreams could mean. Arrow Dream Meaning. Dreams that feature an arrow often have a positive interpretation as they are associated with success in both the personal and the professional life. According to some interpretations seeing an arrow in a dream is the sign of you being confident in your emotions from a romantic perspective. What about the other dream I wondered after taking two of Dr. Sigmund Freud’s magical pills? Seeing Allah's prophet Jonah (Alayhi-Salam) in a dream means making a hasty decision that will lead one into tight circumstances. You will then be released to enjoy your life for a while along with a group of bewildered people. That didn’t do anything for my psyche just like that quack Dr. Roy.

I went steadfast to dreamland after my last visit with Dr. Freud. I truly believed that he was the cause of my wicked dreams especially after he told me that he was writing a book about the interpretations of dreams. Besides, I knocked him out with one well aimed punch to the jaw and gently placed him on the couch.  

I’m standing in a giant forest in the south of France. It’s about 150 million years ago as I see working ants the size of turtles. The grass is over 7 feet in length. I am hoping in this dream I’m the invisible man, because if the ants are bigger than my big toe what would be the size of birds and animals in this wicked dream? Well it didn’t take me long to see a Velociraptor Dinosaur. It was a small dinosaur, averaging only about 6 feet (2 meters) in length and weighing approximately 100 pounds (45 kilograms). Its sleek body was lightweight and built for speed, making it an effective predator. Its head was long and narrow, its snout was somewhat flattened, and it had a fairly large brain. I subconsciously, got to thinking maybe I shouldn’t have taken 3 of those mind altering pills that Dr. Freud demanded that I take. Was I in that movie Jurassic Park? I don’t think so when I see a Parasaurolophus, Deinonychus, Tyrannosaurus, Utahraptor, Protoceratops, Dromaeosaurus, Gallimimus, Achillobator, Oviraptor, Styracosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Albertosaurusand Therizinosaurus Dinosaurs. I didn’t even know there were that many prehistoric giant carnivorous (carnivorous: (of an animal) feeding on other animals) dinosaurs. All of a sudden that big  Dromaeosaurs Dinosaur got this cave man in his mouth. I swear he looks just like that Neanderthal dude in that Geico commercial. Now I’m sitting inside of a The AMX-13 in which is a French equipped Atomic Bomb Tank. I’m about to get medieval on these prehistoric dinosaurs when I’m awaken by some 7’ 2”  former WWF Wrestler 330 pound orderly. I surmise that the police must have come to take me back to the looney bin for rearranging Dr. Roy’s facial features. Maybe in my next dream he’ll be an alien. What does it mean to seriously dream about dinosaurs? Dreaming of a dinosaur signifies that it is time to put things behind you and move on in a situation that has been holding you back. It can symbolize outdated attitudes. This may symbolize your desires. To dream of many dinosaurs means you should probably give up your past habits and ways of thinking. Dinosaur in your dream represents your fear of change. You might be scared of things that are coming your way and you keep on avoiding change. You need to be ready to make changes that will improve the quality of life and make you feel much happier than you are now. I don’t have time to worry or not worry about why I had a wicked up dream about dinosaurs and what it meant. All I know is a 4pm everyday I’ll get a pill or two to escape my past.

May 18, 2020 07:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.