1 comment

General

Judy Jones drove up to her house she had just got off from work after working the night shift; as she was walking to unlock the door to her comfort zone; she grabbed her mail and went in she slowly went through the mail when suddenly she held a letter from winfrey jones; Judy's mouth dropped she was frozen in place because the letter she held was from her dead brother winfrey Judy started tearing up in disbelief she thought to herself how could her dead brother write her a letter ;Judy was in shock and it freaked her out she was kind of scared to even open the letter but she slowly walked to the table to sit and open the letter to read Judy opened the letter and sure enough it was winfreys writing Judy could not believe this was actually a letter from her deceased brother who have been dead for five years Judy teared up but wiped her tears so that she could read the letter the letter read: Dear sis it's your bro winfrey I miss you so much I've been gone awhile hopefully we will see each other again but to let you know I'm in a better place don't worry about me we will see each other again smile for me lol! This made Judy cry a little louder Judy was crying so loud she didn't hear the knock on the door Judy pulled herself together she went to the door and asked who is it? The person on the other side spoke and said "Don Maddox "Judy slowly opened the door and saw a strange man Judy asked the stranger" may I help you" the man explained that he was a psychic Judy was confused"I don't understand" the man asked "can I come in?" Judy wasn't so sure; this man could be a killer Judy thought for a moment she decided to let the stranger in Judy was hesitant she said with open hands " you may enter" the man came in Judy shut the door the man smiled and extended his hand "miss Judy jones I'm Don Maddox I'm a psychic I was led to Your house from a reading I had Judy looked at this stranger wondering how did this man know her name; Judy asked "how do you know my name?" The psychic man explained" I'm a psychic and I guess you can say it showed up in my reading" Judy could not offer this man a seat so she stood as if she wanted him to hurry up and further explain his reason for this visit. The psychic said "I see I came at a bad time so I'll make it brief" the reason I was led here was because you have a brother named winfrey jones; he spoke to me from the other side and asked me to write a letter to you. Judy grabbed the letter off the table and asked "is this the letter you are referring to?" The pyschic smiled and said " thats the letter ;I sent that a week ago" the pyschic said " I wanna let you know your brother is watching over you he has been protecting you and he wanted me to tell you that you must leave this house he has bad vibes about you living in this particular house" Judy asked "did he say why?" The pyschic said " no he wants you to move out of this house it's for your own protection" Judy thanked the psychic gave him twenty dollars; the psychic left; Judy stood at the door and thought about why her brother wanted her to move out of this house; Judy decided she put the thought aside Judy decided to take a shower and afterwards look at the news and that's when the news broke. The newscaster reported: breaking news there is a serial killer loose in the woodbrooke area everyone need to stay inside and make sure your doors are locked; just as Judy heard this there was a knock on the door Judy became afraid because she knew no one ever visit her this late in the afternoon Judy grabbed a knife from the kitchen the knocking became very persistent; Judy's heart felt like it went down in her chest the knocking grew louder and louder Judy didn't say a word she just stood there hoping whoever was on the other side of that door didn't manage to get in. Judy stood waiting with the knife the knocking grew so loud that whoever was knocking the flower hanging above her door fell on them and knocked them out cold Judy heard the loud ummp and after that it was dead silence.judy grabbed her phone called the police and looked out there was a stranger lying on her door step with blood coming from his head. He didn't seem to be dead. Good thing Judy called the police they were on their way. Five minutes later police was outside Judy ran out to talk to them. The police explained that this was the serial killer they were looking for. Judy was happy she felt ten pounds lighter. The police said somehow the ceramic flower pot she had over her door saved her life. Judy was so relieved the police grabbed the suspect and took him away. Judy went in locked her door. Judy grabbed her brothers picture off the mantle and said while looking at it"thank you for the warning I miss you and I love you very much Judy cried and held the picture close to her chest she looked up and thanked Jesus for being there for her and said I know my brother is with you thanks for his time spent here on Earth he is in the best place with you. A week later Judy had packed all her stuff and moved out. She moved out of town she moved in a studio apartment. She put a gigantic picture of winfrey over the fire place. As Judy was unpacking some of her things she heard a voice and as Judy turned around there in her living room was a spirit of winfrey in a ghostly voice winfrey said "I come to visit you for a brief moment Judy was not afraid she walked up to the spirit of her brother and hugged him at that moment Judy could actually feel her brothers touch. The spirit disappeared Judy was happy for the moment.

June 21, 2020 22:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Elle Clark
11:07 Jun 28, 2020

Aw, what a sweet story of love crossing worlds! There’re quite a lot of punctuation mistakes that you might want to work on for your next story but I really liked the plot! It was so nice that it was a brother and sister relationship too. Very touching. Thanks for sharing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.