The graveyard sacrifice the new girls secret

Submitted into Contest #65 in response to: Start your story with two characters deciding to spend the night in a graveyard.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Fiction Suspense

The Halloween graveyard sacrifice 

The new girls secret 

Nicole jalonen 

Katrina Coleman was thirteen year old or at least looked like a thirteen year old girl . In reality the young black haired brown eyed thin pale beauty had a dark secret! A secret that was discovered on Halloween night when she moved into a quiet suburban town of just 600 people! Keep your head down, don’t make trouble for the humans and your secret will stay safe. Her mother had told her the night she was murdered in the sixteenth Century leaving her immortal daughter to run for the rest of eternity alone. Only because of what she was, Katrina had managed to hide what kind of magic creature she was until she moved to Parton a suburb of los Angela’s California !

All Katrina wanted was a group of friends who knew her secret and accepted her as something more then a freak! But so far whenever anyone found out she was such a rare creature they tried to kill her! So here she hoped things would be different for all she wanted was to go to school have friends and be normal! She as a camp didn’t feast on humans she only drank animal blood and that’s what she was doing when she met Courtney hale and her group of high school popuar beautiful girls and handsome boys!

“Oh my god she’s drinking mouse blood!”

The blonde thin blonde leader of the group Courtney shrieked with a humorous tone as her football boyfriend jokingly replied, “ maybe she’s secretly a vampire !”

“Well if you are the blonde beauty in a blood red cloak and tank top cackled mischievously !

“You could join our little group of magic freaks how’s thst sound?!”

“Really why do you call your group freaks?”

Katrina asked curiously as Courtney smirked as she introduced herself “ because I’m Courtney Nicks conjurer in training and this buff hotty is Brice Daleman warlock apprentice then we have Lila Lonechild who’s a dark priestess witch and her twin brother Ethan a dark priest as well as another new member Dana sole who was murdered just last night and this is her first Halloween as a real live or a dead ghost!”

Courtney chuckled as the buff blonde haired boy Brice shook katrinas hand as he asked. “You’re drinking a mouse blood so what kind of supernatural creature are you a vamp?”

“Uh ya I’m a orphaned vamp my mom was killed centuries a go been on my own all my life.”

Katrina explained not wanting to tell her whole secret yet in case this group were evil!

So she protected her thoughts by compelling the group not to read her thoughts !

Compelling was a gift vampires had to control what other creatures or human did or thought!

It had saved her many times.

With thst the group of new friends spent that night pulling pranks then the morning of Halloween dawned.

“Don’t you have to sleep during a day ?

Dana asked curiously of Katrina as the gold sun hit the teens face as the young vampire smirked and pulled a gem stone necklace out from under her shirt.

“Not with this .” She explained as Kay explained that it was an ancient gem a witch friend of hers had spelled to protect me from the Simao I csn live normally .”

The group of magic teens hmmm and awed in astonishment as they studied her gem!

“That’s so cool .”

Brice and Dana said in unison as katrina smiled as she agreed to join their group with Courtney explaining she would have to do three initiations before tomorrow night when she’d have to help them break the vail between this world and the magic one to free their kin letting them all run ramped among the humans after centuries of being locked up!

“Ya I’ll help!”

Kat agreed as they went to sleep in sleeping bags Courtney conjured around a campfire among the tombstones in the graveyard!

Moans of the disembodied souls were heard in the graveyard as the kids all slept under the moon and the tombstones thst night . But it was not the ghostly voices calling her summoning her to them that scared her. No that night as they slept Katrina the vampire had her first nightmare in a century!

And it terrified the black haired fanged girl!

It was herself in a pentagram star trapped by a cage spell made of sun and her day stone was not on her neck and cloaked figures circled her chanting as one of them entered the pentagram and staked her!

As her screams of pain filled her dream Katrina woke sweating in fear.

She clutched her day stone as he sat up it was still around her neck so that dream was a warning a warning of a ancient ritual known to her kind as the graveyard sacrifice !

As Halloween day dawned bright the group of teens went to Courtney’s house to get her sibling Sarah ready for Halloween as it was her first Halloween without their mom taking her ! So Courtney had said they would take her trick or treating!

Midnight was approaching when they brought the little girl home having gone to every house in their neighborhood with little Sarah dressed as a zombie and now munching on her candies happily as her dad put her to bed and the teens headed back to the graveyard!

Three am was said to be the devils witching hour and at that time the teens gathered around the graveyard and Courtney waved her hand and a black cauldron magically appeared in the center of their circle . Then Brice brought out a bottle and opened it and a huge gust of wind sucked ghosts into it including the ghost girl who was. Just murdered and they poured all the souls into the cauldron! Her heart started to pound in shock Katrina thought this was my nightmare!

They can never know what I really am !

She thought but just then Courtney turned to her and shouted grab her now dead ones!

With that said there was a sudden earth quake around Katrina and zombies reached up and grabbed her but before they could restrain her the full moon rose and she transformed !

“She’s not just a vamp!”

Dana screamed at Courtney as they all ran from Katrina while the vampire turned into a were wolf !

“Nope she’s a hybrid we are dead!”

Brice and Ethan yelled in unison as Courtney grabbed them screaming . “No grab her and I’ll do the split spell to break the we’re sold part from her and we can open the vail!

It was to late as they realized as Katrina growled and towered over them as a huge blue eyed black fired wolf!

Her voice booming loudly, “the vail between the magic world and human world can not open I’ll protect the vail !”

And before the kids knew it katrina as a wolf slashed and bite and tore at them all and they were dead !

The prophesized half were wolf half vampire had completed her destiny and protected the magic vail that was weak on Halloween !

October 24, 2020 16:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.