9 comments

Romance Suspense Sad

She placed her hands in his. Looking into his deep blue eyes she started to speak. 

“Do you remember the first time we met?”

His eyes met hers and the moment seemed to last for eternity. 

“You know it doesn’t work out,”

“I know, I wish though, you don’t know how much I wish,”

“I wish for it too, more than anything,” 

“I love you so much, more than anything,” 

“I love you too,” They hold each other tightly in an embrace. More than anything, they wanted to be together. But they couldn’t. They always had a great time, but they always ended up hurting each other. After a tough and rough few weeks, they decided to call it off forever. No more anything. Tears slipped down the girls’ cheeks as she let go of his hands. She turned and ran into the night. The boy stood there, tears running down his cheeks. The love of his life, and yet all he could do was hurt her. He slumped his shoulders as his mind reminisced on all the good times they’d had. A song played through his head. HIs song. He’d written it for her when they had ought before. Sobs echoed from his mouth as the realisation sunk in. He had lost her. The song became louder in his head. 

Is this all a dream? 

Reminiscing the days of yesterday

When we held hands

Hearts intertwined

Wearing our hearts

On our sleeves

One thousand words whispered through one kiss

Apart we are

But together we'll stay

Wrapped close inside each other’s hearts

Longing for a second chance

To make everything right again

Longing for a single moment more

Longing for you

He begrudgingly walked toward his house. Opening the door he grimaced as no lights came on and no one called out hi honey. He missed her already. more tears silently slipped down his cheeks. He put his bag down and headed toward the dining room. Grabbing a stale ham sandwich out of the fridge he started to eat. Not that he was hungry, he just needed something to take his mind off of her. A memory flashed through his crowded min. A summer's day on the beach. They had been having fun and playing in the water, all of a sudden he had walked off, she had gone to find him. She’d found him following a blonde girl. He was sorry. But that didn't change the fact that he had done it. As much as he hated it, he was a playboy. He could never stay with one person for a long amount of time. He was always after the next best thing. That was why he had to give her up. She deserved better than him. He was worthless. 

She lay on her bed, replaying all of the times in her head. Silent tears came out of her tired eyes. She didn’t often cry. She prided herself on being brave. She needed a hug. Someone to tell her that everything was going to be okay. She wanted to get back to him. But she couldn’t. She would just get hurt again. A song flashed through her mind. Her song. The one he had written for her. She wanted to tear up the lyrics at that moment. She wanted to rip her hair and scream at how unfair it was. She hated that she loved him, she hated that she wanted him. She threw her hands down on the bed and squeezed her soft toy tightly in her pale hands. Her hair was splayed across her pillow, her silent eyes whispering a thousand words as she closed her eyes for the last time. 

He stood at the altar, wishing it was a different circumstance that he was here. Her pale, cold body lay still in a glass coffin. A singular rose was held tightly in his trembling hands. She was gone. Heart attack. For some reason, he couldn’t quite get rid of the thought that he had caused her to die. He wanted to hug her. To tell her how he felt. To be together with her even though it led to bad things. He just wanted her. He wanted to reconnect with her. Crowds of black swarmed in. Everyone had loved her. She was hard not to love. Her bright personality. Her radiant smile. Her positiveness. Everything. She had been perfect. Tears fell down everyone’s cheeks as they said their final goodbyes. He held her hand tightly and put the rose into it. Her cheeks were still stained red. She had been crying. Had she been crying about him? More tears crept down his face as he let go of her hand. Rain pelted on the roof of the church. He looked up into the sky as he stepped outside. For a moment, a white figure crowded him. Light encased him and a golden halo crowned a ghostly figure in front of him. It was her. An angel. He wanted to hold onto her. He reached out, but his fingers touched air. The figure disappeared and floated up into the sky. It was over. She was gone. She’s not coming back. He slumped his shoulders and walked to his car. He remembered when they had watched the sunset together. Everything he saw, bought memories. He could never get her back. He started up his engine and was about to drive away. 

“Wait!” Her mother came running toward him. He opened the car window and looked out. 

“She loved you, more than anything, I’m sorry she’s gone, but you should know that she always wanted you, that was all she ever wanted,” 

“Thank you,” Smiling sadly he started his engine again and drove off down the road. The car drove around the bends and down the steep hill. All of a sudden his car slipped in a puddle. It skidded and he tried to break and stop it. His life flashed before his eyes as his car hurtled over the edge of the road. He screamed as he hit the bottom and everything went black. They would be together again, and nothing would ever break them apart again. Together in life, together in death. 

February 14, 2021 23:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Claire Lindsey
23:55 Feb 15, 2021

I liked the drama in this story, especially the scene at the funeral. In the future I’d suggest breaking up your paragraphs a bit so they aren’t so long. It also might help to differentiate between POV switches with a visual break, like with asterisks or a line of dashes.

Reply

00:09 Feb 16, 2021

Thanks for the feedback I'll do that for my next piece :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Taylor McHone
14:00 Feb 21, 2022

I loved this story! It had a wonderful plot twist at the very end and it defiantly wasn't one that I expected. You're a wonderful writer and I can't wait to read more of your stories!

Reply

20:16 Feb 21, 2022

Thank you!! I'm so glad you liked it! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Eddie Thawne
10:34 Feb 23, 2021

Beautifully written. An awesome and compelling plot and above all, truly romantic. Well done!

Reply

19:37 Feb 23, 2021

Thank you 😊

Reply

Eddie Thawne
21:56 Feb 23, 2021

You're Welcome.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Echo Sundar
17:36 Feb 16, 2021

Whoa. Great story, I loved the plot! How they both wanted each other and yet knew they would get hurt I loved the ending I did not see that coming. Great story!

Reply

20:07 Feb 16, 2021

Thank you I’m glad you enjoyed it :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.