0 comments

General

I got a phone call from the police station this morning. It was the usual thing they say when they call me. "Come to the station it's an emergency." I was hoping for a day off but oh well. I get to the station and walk straight to Chief Sander's office not even waiting to check in at reception. "Ah detective it's nice to see you." I huff at his formalities. He does this everytime. "Honestly Kian no need to be so formal around me. I've known you since we were 7." Kian rolls his eyes and points at the chair in front of his desk "Well Alina we have quite a bit to talk about."

I take a seat and rest arms on the dark oak desk. "Why did you call me here again? Is there another problem the police can't crack?" He sighs at my comment "Look I know I ask you to help with a lot of murder cases but this new one has gotten out of hand." I just waved at him to continue. "There have been reports of 9 murders in town the past 4 days and we haven't gotten any leads other then all the murders happen at or around royal dream hotel. I was thinking-" I cut him off knowing what Kian wanted me to do. "You want me to check in and pretend to be staying there and look for suspicious activity?" He wouldn't look me in the eyes after that. He's hired me so many times I know most of his plans now. "Alina I know I ask a lot from you but this is important to find. This unknown person could be a real danger to us. And you know you will have back up on site too." I just smile and shake my head. "I'll do it Kian but only because I don't want my city to be killed off." He nods and I walk out.

On my way home I think about how I need a day off after this. I'll spend time with my best friend Cordelia. I get to the wig store and buy a nice one just in case the killer is someone I am familiar with. On my home I call the hotel and book a stay for a week and a half. I start to pack my things so that by tomorrow afternoon I can just check in and start the investigation.

On my way to the hotel the next day I get a call from Kian. "Yea what's up Kian?" "Alina I'm sending in men with you as well so that if needed you have people on hand. Do you have your needed disguise?" I roll my eyes at his concerned voice "Yes I'm not that forgetful. I'm at the hotel now I'll contact you when I have a lead." I check in and put my stuff in my room before going to check out the surroundings. Immediately I notice one thing off about the place. There is a large lack of employees to the point that faint slightly fresh blood stains are seen on the walls. I go to the front desk. "What's up with the stains on the wall?" the man behind the counter looks around. "The murders here have scared away many employees so we are missing the chance to clean." "Has there been anyone here who's been staying here for at least 5 days?" I ask. The counter man nods. "One person has and they are in room 318." I nod and thank the man before making my way there.

I knock on the door of room 318. No answer. I feared that this would happen so I back up slightly. I kick the door open and make my way in. The room resembled like a normal suite. I investigated further ad noticed that the balcony door was slightly open and blowing the curtain. I walk out and notice a body at the ground. Probably fresh if it's still there. I start to dial 9-1-1 before hearing steps down the hall. I hide in a cabinet and call Kian. "I'm in the killers room and they are coming send back up." I leave the message before hearing a "huh" and steps in the room. I was silent. I started to hear the steps quiet down and I started to get out. Dumb yes but necessary. I walked and heard a gun cock. I turned and saw not who I was expecting. My best friend Cordelia held a gun pointing at my head. "I'm going to have to turn you in Cordelia." She glares at me but her hands start to shake. "You won't ever get the chance. She pulls the trigger and as if in slow-mo the bullet comes at my heart instead of head. I narrowly dodge it but it imbeds itself into my shoulder. I cry out and she runs out of the room before casually walking the rest of the way out. I start to black out as the men come in and then all goes dark.

February 03, 2020 02:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.