San Francisco and San Diego

Submitted into Contest #87 in response to: Write about a mischievous pixie or trickster god.... view prompt

0 comments

Kids Fiction American

The night fell over. Everything was carm and quiet. It was dark as a werewolf's fur and the houses were like moons because of lights. San was having a wash as soon as he could because if he got late to school, he will have to walk through The Jungle Wood all by himself with his 3 friends.

San is a thirteen year old pixie boy who goes to Greenwood School. He lives in Francisco with his family. Most of the times he does experiments with his conjuring powers and if you visit his bedroom, you'll go mad as his room's a mess. His family photos that are on the walls are broken! He does most of his experiments in his bedroom. His clothes are everywhere in his room, on the bed, on the floor and the wardrobe is full of toys. His mom comes with him to go to school as he is quite afraid but if he gets late then his mom won't come with him but his mom will give him a super flying shot for him to fly out of the house! Imagine how it'd be for 3 small pixies to travel through a pitch dark forest with "oooooooohs" from owls and "flap flap flap" bats flying over their heads and some flash rustles that you hear from nowhere. However, you could say that three boys could tolerate these but there's one terrible thing and that's The Haunt House! This house is locked with a giraffy gate and there're many astonishing cries and hones! You could experience them when you're near a traffic jam. Its walls have black patches that might be bats and the roof's shaped like a witch's hat with ivory all over. Trees, grass, wild flowers and buttercups are overgrown even in the gutters and the roof, so people say it's haunted and no one ever dares to enter that dreadful place !!!

San and his mom were near the school gate. Mom went and San was there in his classroom sitting in a truly comfy chair. Not even us, humans have got such comfy chairs at school, but you might have tried one! Well, pixies are different so the way they learn is very different as well. Pixie schools have got a lot of trees and the branches of the trees represent the chairs for the pixies. In front of each tree there's another tree with a swing and a desk in front of the swing. The tree where the pixies sit is called "The sitting Tree Guy" and the place where the teachers sit is named as "The Teaching Tree Guy." Both of these are belonging to one class so a class is called a "Bushy" and there're some names given to these classes so San's class is called "Natural. " There's around one metre distance between The Sitting Tree Guy and The Teaching Tree Guy. In the Human World we've got walls between classroom to avoid the disturbances and to separate, so here in Greenwood there's a long distance from a Bushy to another Bushy - around 600m.

Mr. Magician came into Natural. Everybody went still as rock ice and said, "Good morning !" Mr. Magician is the magic teacher of San. "Today, we're gonna talk about a really interesting topic, and it's gonna be a practical! " said Mr. Magician.

"Guess what it is? "

"A surprise", said Dan.

"Well, quite close", said Mr. Magician.

If someone asks the whole class a question and if one person gave a quite close answer, your brain will start haunting around the quite close answer to catch a nearby sentence with that word, so this is the thing that's happening in the pixie class right now.

However, they couldn't guess what it was so Mr. Magician wided his mouth and poured all the words and this was what he said, " It's April Fools Day! " He asked each and everyone to do a trick to someone on the 1st of April. Everybody was amazed and that Topic kept the pixies amused for hours.

"Ding, Dong" the bell rang, it was 6:00am, the school was over. San and his friends went home. Their parents aren't gonna come to pick their children as it's the morning plus they can handle it all by themselves.

San was in his room. " The Haunt House" gives San a fright whenever he trudged passed it! So before doing something tricky he thought of separating fright from his mind. He made a plan and went to see Diego, his best friend and asked if he would love to go on an adventure. Diego said, "Yeah! " Then San whispered to Diego's wide ear, "Our adventure is to explore The Haut House!" Diego was surprised, he shouted, "I'm glad to have an adventurous Buddy like you!"

They were so much into it that made them go there NOW! They packed two backpacks with torches, food and a rope! They ran near The Haunt House. No one was there on the street. The sun and fear caught them and made sweat pour on their neck, but they didn't give up! They tiptoed to the Girrafy gate, pulled it open and in the next second they were in the horrible Garden!

There were rabbits and birds,

Howls and hones,

And fear running all over their bones!!!

They tried the lock on the door and it went well! What do you think was inside The Haunt House? Well, there was a big hole in the middle of the house and a very green chair! They took their helpful rope and tied it around the green chair and........

they got down to the hole one by one and at last they ended up in a dark place probably because of tall trees and suddenly, "Peep ///" heard a noise and that was so similar to the hone sounds they heard in The Haunt House! They turned out to see what it was......

it was a black machine with four tires and quite a long snout!

"This is the Human World! "said Diego and those were the first words spoken by a pixie in the Human World just like" I see the Earth. It's so beautiful! "- first words that were spoken by Yuri Gagarin in space!

" The Human World! ", murmured San.

" Yes, this is! Can't you remember that we learnt about it at school? ", said Diego.

" They'll put us in a big cage and day and night people will be roaming around us like hunters to see if their prey is dead! ", said San.

" Well, that might happen if they could see us! We are invisible in the human world", said Diego quite bravely but up to this date they both have fear in their minds!

"Now, where are we to go?", asked San.

Diego pointed his finger at a house, but it's just like a Palace. They got inside from an open window and when they got inside from the window, the house turned into a castle. They roamed all around the huge rooms and carpets laid down dead on the floor and the ornaments were kept neatly and clean. Then they caught their eyes on two small kids. They got near and patted on their shoulders. They wanted to show that someone was around them, and the terrible thing is that humans can't hear the pixies! The kids were amazed to have a pat on their shoulders without anyone around them. The pixies went to a nearby door and opened it. The kids were afraid but fortunately, they asked, "Who's there? " The kids came into the room, pixies in front of them. Then San saw a lip stick tube on the dressing table. He took it and wrote something on the mirror and this was what he wrote, "We are pixies. I'm San and I came from Francisco and here's my friend, Diego." The kids were surprised! Their mouths fell open just like in fictions! "Well, I'm Daniel and this is my sister Alice", said Daniel. The kids asked if the pixies will do magic and they promised that it'll be a secret.

Diego wrote, " What are you two doing here? "

" This is our house! My father's the president of the United States and here this is The White House!", said a Alice, who was so proud of her father. "Oh, it's a news for us !" wrote Diego!

They made a wardrobe walk, which got stuck in the doorway. They made ornaments float. They made ice-cream rains that were falling around The White House , which made the securities take a rest! They made a board that helped the pixies write but it vanishes after the children have understood what they meant.

"We've to go now! Will you do us a favour?", wrote Diego.

"Yes, of course, but what's it?" asked Alice.

"We love to be famous. Will you help us?", wrote San.

"Yes, of course we will. Give us some ideas!" replied Alice.

"I've got no idea, but don't say that two pixies came to The White House and a lot of magic and they were......", wrote San.

"Stop it!!", said Diego.

"How can you be famous without proving?", asked Daniel in surprise.

"Maybe our names will be famous, but not us!" wrote Diego.

"Well, what are the most interesting cities that you've visited?" wrote San.

"We don't know the names, but we love California!" replied Alice.

"Then as your father's the president, ask him to name the any two beautiful and interesting cities that you like as San Francisco and San Diego!" wrote San.

"Why's it San Francisco and San Diego? That's unfair. Your name's there twice!", said Diego quite angrily.

San said, "Wait I'll reply by writing so that the kids too get why I didi so!"

San wrote, "I've used San twice as I'm the pixie who poured this adventure into Diego. I've used Francisco as we both live there. I've used San and Diego as I came we both came on this adventure! Aren't they possible reasons?"

"Yes, they are!", said Daniel.

"Alright, time to go! Hope you'll do the favour! ", said Diego.

"Sure! Tomorrow's my birthday so we'll ask him to do them!", said Daniel.

"Well, what do you want for your birthday?", wrote Diego.

"I want to see you both!", wrote Daniel.

"Alright, then here we are!" wrote San.

They were amazed, but it didn't last long when their parents entered the room! The pixies vanished and the magic was gone, but San Francisco and San Diego are world famous even today !

April 02, 2021 02:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.