0 comments

Happy

My name is Lynn and I need a new look on life, I have been visiting the library every day this week trying to find a new look and a new beginning for the rest of my life. I felt what other place could I go to get information on what to do with myself.

I found a self help book and it just gave me a little insight but for me it is their story and I need my own story. Everyday I I tried to visit the library, asked for help but could not get much help.

So I visited a library on the other side of town, I spent the whole day reading more books on starting your own business, more self help books and then I came upon a book that caught my eye.

The book was called "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO".

Instead of it telling me what I should do, it asked me what do I want to do and ask the question what is important and how do you see your future. still sitting there with this puzzled look on my face. I kept reading more. The book was very interesting. I read one passage we must look at the aspect of our lives and what is most important to us

Prayer was the key word in this book and it inspired me more. I checked the book out and went home.

I put on my night clothes curled up in bed with a bowl of popcorn and started to read more.

At times I was confused and then I had to stop and think about what each passage I was reading was giving me at the moment.

It was heart felt and I needed the negative as well as the encouragement. I felt it was making me stronger to follow what I needed for my life.

I asked others for their guidance and knowledge on the words I was reading but again they only was opinionated. I read on to the next chapter. I still did not have an answer to my question, what am I going to do with my life.

I continued to read the book over the next few days and I got a lot more and came to a final conclusion for my life.

Letting God lead me to my final destination and let him lead me where I need to go. No matter how many books I read I have the final decision for myself.

For the next few days I prayed and I did not make it hard for myself to make a decision. I was lead instead of me leading. My conclusion was to be an evangelist. I know I had felt this for many years but I needed to read more and understand what has lead me this way..

I have always like talking to others but never thought a huge multitude of people. I am not trying to solve others issues but giving them a way to find their selves as this book help me to come to the terms for my life. Reading more into this book I felt to start my own writing and inspiring others to find their way in life.

I continued to check the book out so that I could get all that I could get. Some things discouraged me because I was tying to understand the meaning behind the scientific aspect and the logical and biblical form. The name of this book "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO", kept me on my toes and I kept searching to find out more before I made a clear decision.

Reading on and on I got more and more inspiration about what to put in my book and is this all that I wanted to do to get my word out and is this the path that God had for my life.. Part of the bible and the passages from them took me back to what my grandmother would tell me.

This book was part of the bible but not the actual words that I have read but it helped me to make a wise decision far beyond what the world wants me to do but what God wants me to do. It lead me to start reading the actual bible and not just words taken from part of it. My life became so much clear and I feel it has helped me through some good times and bad times that I will face.

Writing down more of the passages from the book and what it finally lead me to, the Bible, it helped me in more ways than I thought it would. I sought out those who could help me start my book and start taken classes for becoming an evangelist.

What had me thinking of the negative aspect of all that I have read, who will I reach, will I hurt others and lead those to a better life and those who would not find what I have to say beneficial for their lives. So I kept this book close to me with the help from the bible. I was able to come to a final conclusion and i felt that my life is to helping others reach their destination and writing about their lives so the next generation can get what they need from what they read.

We need to find out what we want in life trying to make it right, fighting for words unsaid looking for words in a book if we thought that was all it took. Looking to your life making a stand , not for words of others but searching it all until we find a moment of clarity.

Is your life in this book good or bad, happy or sad. did God lead the way with words that can make a difference in your life. This book has you thinking of a wonderful life ahead, reaching out to others, not what they should do but letting them know, do it for you, not for others. At the end of the day what does this book hold for you

April 30, 2021 19:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.