0 comments

Fiction Fantasy

The Fox Spirit's Vow

In the dense forests of Korea, there lived a fox spirit known as Gumiho, feared by many but known to be a wise creature. Gumiho had lived for centuries, with her nine tails swishing behind her as she went about her business in the forest. The villagers who lived at the edge of the forest were always wary of Gumiho's presence, and they would always ensure that they never got in her way. But Gumiho was not a cruel creature, and she never harmed anyone unless provoked.

One day, a young man named Minho wandered into the forest, his heart heavy with grief. He had just lost his mother to a terrible illness, and he could not bear the pain any longer. He had heard that the fox spirit was a wise creature and could help him find the answers he was seeking. So he ventured deep into the forest in search of Gumiho.

As he walked deeper into the forest, Minho began to feel lost and afraid. The forest was dark, and the trees loomed over him like giants. Suddenly, he heard a rustling sound behind him, and he turned to see the fox spirit staring at him. Minho was terrified, but he stood his ground and waited for the fox spirit to make a move.

"Who are you, and what do you seek in my forest?" Gumiho asked, her voice deep and wise.

"I seek your guidance," Minho said, his voice trembling. "I have lost my mother, and I cannot find peace. I need to know what happened to her."

Gumiho looked at Minho for a moment before nodding her head. "Follow me," she said, and she led Minho to a clearing in the forest. In the center of the clearing, there was a beautiful garden, filled with colorful flowers and herbs.

"This garden is enchanted," Gumiho said. "The flowers and herbs here have the power to heal and to soothe troubled souls. But to enter the garden, you must make a vow."

Minho looked at Gumiho, puzzled. "What vow?" he asked.

"You must vow to never harm any living creature in this forest," Gumiho said. "You must vow to protect the forest and all the creatures that live within it. Do you understand?"

Minho thought for a moment before nodding his head. "I understand," he said. "I vow to protect the forest and all its creatures. I will never harm any living creature in this forest."

Gumiho nodded her head, and she led Minho into the enchanted garden. The flowers and herbs were indeed magical, and as Minho walked among them, he felt his heart begin to heal. The grief that had weighed him down for so long began to lift, and he felt a sense of peace that he had not felt since his mother's death.

For days, Minho remained in the enchanted garden, tending to the flowers and herbs. He made sure that the garden was always watered, and he carefully tended to each plant. The creatures of the forest, including Gumiho, watched him closely, and they saw that he was a kind and gentle soul.

One day, as Minho was walking through the forest, he heard a cry for help. He followed the sound and found a wounded deer lying on the ground. The deer had been attacked by a hunter, and it was bleeding badly. Without a second thought, Minho scooped up the deer and brought it back to the enchanted garden. He tended to its wounds, and he stayed by its side until it had recovered.

Gumiho and the other creatures of the forest saw. Minho's act of kindness did not go unnoticed, and the creatures of the forest began to trust him more. They saw that he was true to his vow to protect the forest, and they began to welcome him into their world. Minho spent his days in the enchanted garden, tending to the plants and animals, and he was happy.

However, one day, a group of hunters entered the forest. They were armed with weapons and had come to hunt the animals for sport. The creatures of the forest were afraid, and they knew that they were no match for the hunters' weapons. Gumiho knew that she had to act quickly, and she went to Minho to seek his help.

"Minho, we need your help," Gumiho said, her voice urgent. "The hunters have entered the forest, and they mean to harm us. We need you to protect us."

Minho knew that he had to act quickly, and he gathered all the creatures of the forest in the enchanted garden. He stood guard at the entrance, ready to protect them from the hunters. The hunters soon arrived, and they saw the creatures gathered in the garden.

"What is this?" one of the hunters asked. "What are these animals doing here?"

"They are under my protection," Minho said, his voice firm. "You are not welcome here, and you must leave at once."

The hunters laughed, and they raised their weapons. "We are the ones in charge here," they said. "We will do as we please."

But Minho stood his ground, and he refused to let the hunters harm the creatures of the forest. The hunters soon realized that they were no match for Minho's determination, and they retreated from the forest.

After that day, the creatures of the forest saw Minho in a new light. They saw him as a protector and a friend, and they knew that he was a true guardian of the forest. Gumiho, in particular, was proud of Minho and the vow he had made. She knew that he would always protect the forest, and she knew that he would never break his vow.

Years passed, and Minho continued to tend to the enchanted garden. The creatures of the forest came and went, but they always knew that they could count on Minho to protect them. And Gumiho watched over them all, her nine tails swishing behind her as she kept a watchful eye on the forest she had called home for so long.

In the end, Minho knew that he had found his purpose in life. He had found peace in the enchanted garden, and he had found joy in protecting the creatures of the forest. And he knew that he would never break his vow, for he had made a promise to the fox spirit, and he would keep it for all time.

March 16, 2023 16:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.