1 comment

Contemporary Drama High School

As a young boy,partying wasn't Sam's thing. He preferred playing football to many other activities besides schooling. His primary intention was to excel in education and then other things could follow. His mum could advice him not to misbehave but instead listen and respect people. This was part of sam to that is why events were not his things. Sam was my friend and a good buddy. I remember when in primary level,our school used to organise parties for the prefects,P.7 leavers,scripture union and many others. But to Sam it used to be like heading to hell when we are busy heading to attend parties.

I was the only buddy to Sam .My life was full of party and they had to Nick name party animal. I could not miss parties. My work was to look for parties in various. I used to call it local derby. One day I asked Sam that we should go for a party together but the response was negative. "What ?,I am not going. Can't you see that I am reading,"Sam said. "Fine!,book wormer read,let's see if you will go to heaven with this book",I replied. I left and went for the party. On my way back from the party,a group of things attacked me and went away with my belongings in possession. My attack scared Sam the most. This worsened the situation for him and he was imagining that what happened to me may happen to him when he goes for a party.

I continued with Sam upto high school. At high school,we had to experience a lot of changes including Sam.At high school,we got another stubborn and party animal friend called Frank. Whenever Frank listens to music,he just starts dancing like Weaver birds around the compound. Party was all over his blood. I pretended at high school as if I don't know anything about party. Sam's perception about party was still negative as it was in primary.

The management of the school one day organised welcoming party for us. That was the first time Sam attended party. All the activities at the party looked stranged to Sam but he loved them."The speeches,modelling,performance on the stage were superb",Sam said. "Why have I been avoiding myself from party?,if this is how it's then I should begin attending and discover my skills and potentials. The welcoming party I attended just gave me morale and loved them,"he added.

During our first term holiday,our friends were surprised to hear that Sam was asking us to go for a party. They could not believe. He told us "gone are the days,this is now new chapter". Dancing,watching people perform became part of sam . Whenever there is party ,he could not miss and actually he became party animal like us. Due to this spirit of dancing,he was lured to start coupling . This was because whenever we are party he could see us in pairs with our girlfriends so he wanted also to be part of the family.

During our vacation of S.4,Sam's girl friend was celebrating her birthday so she invited us. Unfortunately Sam wasn't feeling well and very relaxed towards the party . Her girl friend kept on calling and disturbing us. Internally Sam was not in the mood and reluctant about the party. He didn't even support the girlfriend's party. So on the "D" day,all the members invited were present and he was the only missing yet his presence met alot to the girlfriend. This was due to being naive and reluctant. Due to the several calls and threats from the girl friend,he immediately called us to escort him. Since we don't give a damm to party,we had to go as well. On reaching there,everything seemed to be disorganised . I asked "what is the problem?",. "We don't have party moderator and DJ," girl friend replied. We became frustrated and the mood at the party was boring. After some minutes we requested to help and take up the positions that was missing. Sam became the MC and I the DJ. Due to our little intelligence from parties we have been attending,we mixed and organised everything well. Little did we know our actions at the party enjoyed people and it was memorable to them . At the end Sam and I became popstars of the show. From relunctancy to party popstar,I could not imagine. The party had include people of different disciplines since she was from a well brought up home with lot of dimes. Sam was appreciated with car a gift for making the party memorable.

After leaving the party,we could not imagine how we made the party memorable at the end. Party that seemed to be dull later ended memorable because of us. "Why was I feeling reluctant at the begining?,now see what I got,"Sam said. From that day,we became real popstars . Whenever they are organizing parties Sam and I could be the first to be invited because of our potential and skills. So Sam had to realize his talents and potentials .

Years later,we were made to write a project by our area Member of parliament . Which we did and our project was supported by the government. We had to open up a big hotel . This hotel helped the community in most of their social gathering . It also helped us to to be financially fit in the society.

Since it was the sam's girlfriend that made us acquire this,he had to pay her by marrying her . They got married but party lifestyle could not change. We managed the hotel well. Various countries could invite us to attend their parties because of our potentials.

"So talent should not be denied but must be discovered",I could say.

Years later as the business grew ,we decided to divide the shares but this didn't stop us from being together. We now all managed our different businesses since now we had grown and with diffrent families. We remained party popstar that people lived to remember. "Laziness and reluctancy in discovering your talent and potential is the work of the devil so never let it consume you alot," Sam quoted.

May 11, 2021 07:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Sam Okethwengu
14:44 May 11, 2021

The story is just funny but educative in way that we shouldn't be lazy and relunctant towards discovering our talents

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.